ADVERTISEMENT

Really sad. And really despicable.

I'm not giving them a click.

Let me guess and if I'm wrong, I'll give it a click. My guess is Fox found some dipshit outlying opinion about Billy Graham and then proceeded to mold it into an us (conservative) vs them (the left) argument all the while encapsulating Fox's firm stance throughout the network's history of being the golden child who bravely and courageously stands up against the evil left (the side represented by this one outlier's point of view.)

Let me know if I'm wrong. And, btw, I'm not a lib or a republican.

Let me guess and if I'm wrong, I'll give it a click. My guess is Fox found some dipshit outlying opinion about Billy Graham and then proceeded to mold it into an us (conservative) vs them (the left) argument all the while encapsulating Fox's firm stance throughout the network's history of being the golden child who bravely and courageously stands up against the evil left (the side represented by this one outlier's point of view.)

NIled it. It’s what they do! Make their money on dividing us. Disgusting.

Reactions: Lot4tiger
I agree with what @dbjork6317 said - Billy Graham was a fine man and did some unbelievable things in his life, but he is on the record as saying some terrible things about gays and Jews, and also had some very questionable opinions about women. Some of it could be attributed to just being from a different generation, but some of it is just bad no matter the time period.

You’d be incorrect. It’s this young, unprofessional, teenyboppers magazine writer. Unprovoked attack on a legend and good man who has passed away.

Appears to me she got the exact reaction she wanted. Piece of shit gonna piece of shit. Her relevance is a product of recognition. Ignore her, and she is completely irrelevant. She writes for Teen Vogue. Her readership has a collective IQ of 32. Making an asinine tweet into a national story gives her a significantly bigger platform and audience than she ever would have had otherwise, and it isn't like her tweet would have even made the podium in the "dumbest shit tweeted" race yesterday without the recognition.

I believe miss duca will be the person in hell.
I agree with what @dbjork6317 said - Billy Graham was a fine man and did some unbelievable things in his life, but he is on the record as saying some terrible things about gays and Jews, and also had some very questionable opinions about women. Some of it could be attributed to just being from a different generation, but some of it is just bad no matter the time period.
It can all be attributed to the Holy Bible...read it.

Reactions: TuesdayJ
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and she certainly melted some snowflakes with hers.

Can we stop using "snowflake" to describe everybody who disagrees with anything ever said? That wasn't the way it was originally used, which was to describe people who literally needed counseling just because of the presence in their midst of somebody they disagreed with.

Honestly, I cant imagine anyone wasting their time worrying about what someone like whoever this girl is said. I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about the lowest common denominator. I think it would be a terrible waste of time.
I completely agree. One person shares an over the top opinion. It’s given merit by the opposing side, and soon this position will be applied to ‘they’ instead of just her.

It’s amusing for me to see how upset people get for differences of opinion. ‘Far right person’ says people are too sensitive or easily offended. Yet ‘far right person’ complains or feigns outrage over every single thing a small faction of this country is offended by. NFL kneeling, transgenders wanting bathrooms, teen vogue writer calling out Billy Graham, gun control, you name it. These small groups are offended by their cause, ‘far right person’ is sensitive to every one of those issues combined together.

It’s a head scratcher to me.

This is despicable. But some of the things Graham said about gays and Jews was despicable as well.

I'm not really sure what all you're referring to, but I don't think Graham said anything that was out of line with the orthodox Christian view of homosexuality. If you have a problem with him saying those things, you just have a problem with orthodox Christianity.

Apparently, he was on tape in President Nixon's office agreeing with a comment Nixon made about Jews controlling the media. That's too bad, but this wasn't a statement that was made in public, and I don't recall anything he said in public that was anti-Semitic.

This is despicable. But some of the things Graham said about gays and Jews was despicable as well.
Not to mention his stance on segregation. But, people change as he did so who am I to judge.

I don’t hail the guy as a demigod or ‘America’s Pastor’

God bless the dead

I completely agree. One person shares an over the top opinion. It’s given merit by the opposing side, and soon this position will be applied to ‘they’ instead of just her.

It’s amusing for me to see how upset people get for differences of opinion. ‘Far right person’ says people are too sensitive or easily offended. Yet ‘far right person’ complains or feigns outrage over every single thing a small faction of this country is offended by. NFL kneeling, transgenders wanting bathrooms, teen vogue writer calling out Billy Graham, gun control, you name it. These small groups are offended by their cause, ‘far right person’ is sensitive to every one of those issues combined together.

It’s a head scratcher to me.

There should be no problem with people disagreeing with people. That's not what people are even referring to when they're talking about being sensitive. Instead, they're talking about people who try to shut down others' speech and proclaims people that people who disagree with them are hateful enemies, largely because they claim their feelings were hurt. In fact, there are some things that are worth being offended about, but our response to that offense doesn't have to be equally emotional and offensive towards the people we disagree with.

I suppose you're right that many on the right are playing the offended/outraged game they criticize on the left, but let's stop acting like every disagreement is just about emotions.

Can we stop using "snowflake" to describe everybody who disagrees with anything ever said? That wasn't the way it was originally used, which was to describe people who literally needed counseling just because of the presence in their midst of somebody they disagreed with.

No, I will continue to use it as I see fit. The term that I used was "melting snowflake". That is a term that has been used widely by conservatives to describe any non-conservative who has an issue with something that is said or done. I use it to show the irony of those same conservatives who jump on this board and express outrage at dumb shit like the OP's post.

Whether someone is good or bad is totally dependent upon perspective. Where you stand depends on where you sit is one of the most true statements I've ever heard and I've learned a lot from considering its implications.

Celebrating someone's death, unless it's literally Hitler or a close approximation, is distasteful regardless, but beyond that, to operate under the assumption that one viewpoint is entirely right or entirely wrong is simplistic. As someone said above, Graham did a lot of good things, but to a certain portion of the population, he also had some pretty off-base viewpoints about some other things. Black or white is too clear a color for 95% of life.

No, I will continue to use it as I see fit. The term that I used was "melting snowflake". That is a term that has been used widely by conservatives to describe any non-conservative who has an issue with something that is said or done. I use it to show the irony of those same conservatives who jump on this board and express outrage at dumb shit like the OP's post.

Want to hear some dumb shit? Ellen DeGeneres called that woman in your avatar the mother of our country on her show today. LMAO.

I'm not really sure what all you're referring to, but I don't think Graham said anything that was out of line with the orthodox Christian view of homosexuality. If you have a problem with him saying those things, you just have a problem with orthodox Christianity.

Apparently, he was on tape in President Nixon's office agreeing with a comment Nixon made about Jews controlling the media. That's too bad, but this wasn't a statement that was made in public, and I don't recall anything he said in public that was anti-Semitic.
Is a public voice a better determinant of oneself than a private one? Not saying he was anymore wrong than any one of us could be at any given moment. Just Curious what the ‘public’ part of your post has to do with anything?

Not to mention his stance on segregation. But, people change as he did so who am I to judge.

I don’t hail the guy as a demigod or ‘America’s Pastor’

God bless the dead

And what was his stance on segregation? As far I can tell, he wasn't an anti-segregationist leader, but he also wasn't pro-segregation. In fact, there are multiple instances of him opposing it in specific circumstances. It's probably more correct to say that he was somewhat of a quietist when it came to politics.

What I wonder is where this motivation to plumb the depths of every person's politics, and every one of their statements comes from. If you're not a Christian, then maybe you won't care very much about Billy Graham. But the desire to find fault is odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Come to the conclusion that everybody just likes demonizing the other side. There is no real interest in actually solving any of our problems. Right wingers just like pissing off "lefty libs", and young people like saying things like "Burn in Hell, Billy Graham" or Dems holding up anyone who believes in the Second Amendment to be a child murderer.

Many people don't want to listen to anybody anymore, we just like trolling for sport, and feeding the anger within. It's a hell of a way to live, just trying to piss off people you don't agree with. It's certainly rampant here, and I'm sure I'll get some flip remarks off this.

Maybe it'll stop someday. But that day is a long way from now. I say this as a Democrat who actually believes that a lot of people on both sides have a lot of good in them, and hope someday that others can stop just seeing a party affiliation and painting them with the same broadly stupid brush.

Or maybe people could put down the Twitter for 5 god damn minutes and feel an emotion other than outrage. Like empathy.

--Mr. DT

I do have a problem with orthodox Christianity.

And I’m not sure how saying something in private instead of in public somehow makes it better. In fact he literally comments on how he has to hide how he really feels about the Jews.

Is a public voice a better determinant of oneself than a private one? Not saying he was anymore wrong than any one of us could be at any given moment. Just Curious what the ‘public’ part of your post has to do with anything?

Well, obviously, what we say in public will have more impact on other people than what's said in private. As far as Graham goes, we have exactly one instance of him saying anything like that, and it seemed like a rather obsequious agreement with something Nixon was saying. To dredge that up and suggest that means he had some kind of track record of anti-semitism seems odd to me.

I do have a problem with orthodox Christianity.

And I’m not sure how saying something in private instead of in public somehow makes it better. In fact he literally comments on how he has to hide how he really feels about the Jews.

Well, there you go. Let's not make it out like Graham was somehow out of the mainstream. If that's your stance on homosexuality, you're going to have problems with just about any orthodox Christian who says anything about sexuality in public.

Come to the conclusion that everybody just likes demonizing the other side. There is no real interest in actually solving any of our problems. Right wingers just like pissing off "lefty libs", and young people like saying things like "Burn in Hell, Billy Graham" or Dems holding up anyone who believes in the Second Amendment to be a child murderer.

Many people don't want to listen to anybody anymore, we just like trolling for sport, and feeding the anger within. It's a hell of a way to live, just trying to piss off people you don't agree with. It's certainly rampant here, and I'm sure I'll get some flip remarks off this.

Maybe it'll stop someday. But that day is a long way from now. I say this as a Democrat who actually believes that a lot of people on both sides have a lot of good in them, and hope someday that others can stop just seeing a party affiliation and painting them with the same broadly stupid brush.

Or maybe people could put down the Twitter for 5 god damn minutes and feel an emotion other than outrage. Like empathy.

--Mr. DT
giphy.gif

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99

Then you're using it a non-helpful way. I'm not sure how you're advancing whatever it is you want to advance by using rhetoric that you don't like.

Want to hear some dumb shit? Ellen DeGeneres called that woman in your avatar the mother of our country on her show today. LMAO.

Thanks for the update on daytime TV. What happened on the Young and the Restless?

Reactions: ClemTiger9

--Mr. DT

If my dumb ass knew how to post a gif here I certainly would with applause. Great post

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Did he say it or did God say it in his word? If what he said was backed by scripture, rightly divided and compared scripture with scripture then it’s not his word, but God’s word! So many take God’s word out of context, a true man called by God to preach never will!

ADVERTISEMENT