ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting highly rated players and the summer camps...

yungan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2005
I know we just finished our first session of summers camps and we all read the headlines about this guy or that guy and hopefully he commits to us. Well for every highly rated guy camping trying to be rewarded with an offer or trying to make up his mind as to which school he is going to commit to, there are hundreds of other younger campers many of whom will be possible recruits/tigers in years to come. I played golf with 2 guys yesterday who's sons just participated in Dabo's football camp as rising 8th and rising 9th graders. They both talked about how busy the campers stay with the different sessions but the thing that amazed me is how these kids actually had many of our starters helping them and the fact that our coaches all spent time with these guys....it wasn't like Dabo just spoke to them when they first assembled or anything but he, his staff, his grad assistants and his players were all involved each day of the camp. We all know that most of these guys will never see the field in D-1 football but for those that excel at an early age it is a great way to build recruiting paths for the future as well as build a lot of respect from those that might only be fans in the future. One of the young men is a quarterback and as a 7th grader seems to be a better than average athlete and whether or not he continues to progress is anyones guess but just hearing him talk of his camp experience (his second trip) and all the work they are put through, I am positive he will have lots and lots of respect for Clemson in the years to come

Reactions: TigerJAC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.