ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans already working to stop Trump?

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
If the republicans are able to do what is layed out in this article, then I will sit out the presidential election or just vote for the libertarian candidate which I like better anyway. I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee to stop Hillary, but if the republicans use shenanigans to thwart the will of the voters, then I am all out.

http://www.infowars.com/walker-will-endorse-cruz-in-wisc-push/

It takes 1237. It doesn't matter how many you have without 1237. It doesn't matter if you have 1236. They keep having ballots until someone gets 1237. After the first ballot delegates start being released so candidates try to get them. Lincoln was in second place going in and won on the 4th ballot. There have been times when no progress is made and a compromise candidate who was not even running has won.

This isn't shenanigans. It is the way it is and should be. 50% + 1 vote.
I predict that the only man who can clearly and soundly beat Clinton or Sanders will be chosen. The only normal person with seeming integrity in either party. (Several have one or the other). John Kasich.

Last edited:
It takes 1237. It doesn't matter how many you have without 1237. It doesn't matter if you have 1236. They keep having ballots until someone gets 1237. After the first ballot delegates start being released so candidates try to get them. Lincoln was in second place going in and won on the 4th ballot. There have been times when no progress is made and a compromise candidate who was not even running has won.

Disagree even if its procedurally legal, it is ethically wrong. 100% of delegates from each state should be bound to winner of the popular vote from start to finish. They build these rules in to take power from the people and put it in the hands of the few. Additionally, if they succeed in doing this, its as good as handing the election to Hillary or whoever wins from the democrat side. This would be a disenfranchisement of the voter. I think Trump will make it a moot point and continue to steamroll anyway.

If the republicans are able to do what is layed out in this article, then I will sit out the presidential election or just vote for the libertarian candidate which I like better anyway. I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee to stop Hillary, but if the republicans use shenanigans to thwart the will of the voters, then I am all out.

Trump only has 37% of the voters - hardly the will of the people.

Did you see the Daily Show segment with Lindsey Graham? I'm pretty sure he was high talking about this stuff.

I predict that the only man who can clearly and soundly beat Clinton or Sanders will be chosen. The only normal person with seeming integrity in either party. (Several have one or the other). John Kasich.

If Republicans are smart, they would nominate Kasich. He would beat Hillary in a landslide.

it will be paul ryan before kasich.

Trump only has 37% of the voters - hardly the will of the people.

The will of the people in this phase is the primaries and Trump is winning no matter how you slice it. The republicans will be making a huge mistake if they try to steal it from the Donald with any strategy other than winning primaries with other candidates. This would stink and it would basically hand the election to the democrats in my opinion. I am a registered republican for the record.

Conversely, they can get behind the Donald and let him go whip Hillary and then they can work with him over the disagreements from a position of control of the White House.

image.png

The will of the people in this phase is the primaries and Trump is winning no matter how you slice it. The republicans will be making a huge mistake if they try to steal it from the Donald with any strategy other than winning primaries with other candidates. This would stink and it would basically hand the election to the democrats in my opinion. I am a registered republican for the record.

Conversely, they can get behind the Donald and let him go whip Hillary and then they can work with him over the disagreements from a position of control of the White House.

If they put Trump on the ballot, they are already handing it to the Democrats.

I do not buy that bs poll at all. The republican nomination needs to be determined properly and not by manipulation. I am not guaranteeing a Trump victory over Hillary, but I think he could beat her. I think a lot of republican voters that support Trump will sit out if it is perceived that he was cheated in this process with backroom under the table deals.

In fact, it may be over already. The republican party is going to be splintered no matter what. The skids are greased for Hillary as much as I hate to say it.

Disagree even if its procedurally legal, it is ethically wrong. 100% of delegates from each state should be bound to winner of the popular vote from start to finish. They build these rules in to take power from the people and put it in the hands of the few. Additionally, if they succeed in doing this, its as good as handing the election to Hillary or whoever wins from the democrat side. This would be a disenfranchisement of the voter. I think Trump will make it a moot point and continue to steamroll anyway.
i'd argue that the voters have been disenfranchised because the 3 candidates in front have the lowest approval ratings in the field of candidates (Trump, Cruz, and Clinton)... 50%+1 vote has been the rule for a long time, and it didn't stop Gerald Ford, Regean, HW, Dole, GWB, McCain, or Romney. I'm not in favor of Trojan Horse delegates, i think the winning candidates representatives should be able to control most of the delegate selection process, but after the first ballot, zombie delegates should be fair game, after the 2nd ballot, all delegates should be fair game.

I do not buy that bs poll at all. The republican nomination needs to be determined properly and not by manipulation. I am not guaranteeing a Trump victory over Hillary, but I think he could beat her. I think a lot of republican voters that support Trump will sit out if it is perceived that he was cheated in this process with backroom under the table deals.

In fact, it may be over already. The republican party is going to be splintered no matter what. The skids are greased for Hillary as much as I hate to say it.
if trump had spent the last few months polishing his foreign policy and military knowledge and started acting like a president the republicans would be consolidating around him. he's refused to pivot from the insecure bully, that will cost him. at some point you need to be quietly confident to be president. speak softly, but carry a big stick.

Just stop.

He's not wrong. The 12 years of reconstruction that came after the civil war is what bread the vast majority of racial conflict and resentment in this country. People don't like to talk about it for a reason.

That along with the consolidation of Federal power that creates 99% of the political problems we see today is all traceable back to the the Civil War and Lincoln.

I've been studying the time period extensively as a hobby over the last year and it's fascinating. Things that went on that most people would never believe. I don't know that people can effectively study it until they're older and know enough about human nature to really grasp the courses that events plotted in our history.

He's not wrong. The 12 years of reconstruction that came after the civil war is what bread the vast majority of racial conflict and resentment in this country. People don't like to talk about it for a reason.

That along with the consolidation of Federal power that creates 99% of the political problems we see today is all traceable back to the the Civil War and Lincoln.

I've been studying the time period extensively as a hobby over the last year and it's fascinating. Things that went on that most people would never believe. I don't know that people can effectively study it until they're older and know enough about human nature to really grasp the courses that events plotted in our history.

Any recommended books that you have read?

if trump had spent the last few months polishing his foreign policy and military knowledge and started acting like a president the republicans would be consolidating around him. he's refused to pivot from the insecure bully, that will cost him. at some point you need to be quietly confident to be president. speak softly, but carry a big stick.

Trump is steam rolling the primaries. A lot are getting behind him other than party old guard insiders.

Trump is steam rolling the primaries. A lot are getting behind him other than party old guard insiders.
if he is steam rolling the primaries then he will get to 1237 on the first ballot. i think he has benefited from an over crowded field and idiot billionaires lining up behind Jeb Bush and Scott Walker for too long.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
i'd say i won't vote for him, but i live in south carolina, so it doesn't matter. i'll vote 3rd party and my electoral allocation will go to Trump... but North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio are going to go Clinton and she will win in an electoral landslide.

He could beat HRC, but it wouldn't be anywhere near a landslide. JMO.

Kasich would be a lock to win Florida, and would likely win Colorado, Nevada, NH, Michigan and would have a very good chance to win Wisconsin, Iowa and PA.

A landslide is anywhere near 55% of the vote. I dont think people realize how bad of a candidate Hillary is. She has not had to debate, or defend her email server, Benghazi and her foundation. Once all that comes out, she is going to drop.

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
Any recommended books that you have read?

As a first book, my general recommendation always goes to Charles Adams, When in the Course of Human Events. He's a northern historian. Many of the books by southern authors come across as very emotional which undermines their credibility even though many citations are provided.

Citations are a HUGE part of the reason that I recommend the Adams book though. He cites sentences mid-paragraph while several of the others will just list a collection of cites at the end of a chapter making it harder to figure out what came from where. With the Adam's book, when you read a sentence that makes you say "There is no way that's real" and you can punch the cite straight into Google to either find it from their documents archive or look it up in the Library of Congress and say...wow...holy crap that is real.

If you want to get some initial inspiration though, the Cherokee Declaration of Causes documents so much of what was going on 6 months into the war that most people never hear about, it's fairly eye opening.

From there go to McPherson's Battle Cry of Freedom. That particular tome is the core reference that most people recognize as the best documentation of the time period. Reading Adams first will let you spot the critical pieces that are left out or glossed over.

I think there are a significant amount of Clinton voters who would swing to Kasich if he is the nominee. Not the case for Trump or Cruz.

It is a average of 6 polls for Trump/Clinton. The polls are in a vacuum. X versus Y. A lot can happen between now and November.

I think it is fairly obviously that Trump has the worst chance to beat Clinton than the other two candidates. The Democrats trotted out their worst candidate in decades. Clinton has the lowest unfavorable rating of any Democratic candidate since the poll started. Republicans should be laughing all the way to the White House, but looks like they are going to nominate the only candidate with a lower unfavorable rating than Clinton ever.

It's already over. I've said it many times before, they don't care who you like. They don't care if Trump had 75% of the vote. That's not who "They" want. That's how this works. If people don't see that it's 1 party pretending to be 2, then I don't know what to tell you. The problem that the republicans face is Trump has brought people out that haven't voted in a long time or never have voted, b/c they think the whole thing is rigged. Right or wrong, that's how they feel. Also bringing many left and middle people as well. But if he doesn't get it, they will go back to never voting again. and even though he doesn't have what most people say are the majority, he has a hell of a lot of people. Those people will be done voting, you watch. Also, if he wins, people will be pissed and they wont vote for him. The republican party is done after this election, regardless what they do. So even though he only has "37 %, which is hardly the majority", as one guy stated above. They will lose that 37% after this. And honestly, I don't think they care. The republican party is a joke. They want to be "conservative and Trump doesn't stand for what they stand for and blah blah", but they don't even like the most constitutional conservative we've had in decades in Cruz. They hate him too. They are such a joke man and this election just proves that most Americans are right. Politics are rigged, and they truly do not care what you think. They surely don't care what you want.

It is a average of 6 polls for Trump/Clinton. The polls are in a vacuum. X versus Y. A lot can happen between now and November.

I think it is fairly obviously that Trump has the worst chance to beat Clinton than the other two candidates. The Democrats trotted out their worst candidate in decades. Clinton has the lowest unfavorable rating of any candidate since the poll started. Republicans should be laughing all the way to the White House, but looks like they are going to nominate the only candidate with a lower unfavorable rating the Clinton ever.
Much truth here.

Reactions: Jokes On You
It's already over. I've said it many times before, they don't care who you like. They don't care if Trump had 75% of the vote. That's not who "They" want. That's how this works. If people don't see that it's 1 party pretending to be 2, then I don't know what to tell you. The problem that the republicans face is Trump has brought people out that haven't voted in a long time or never have voted, b/c they think the whole thing is rigged. Right or wrong, that's how they feel. Also bringing many left and middle people as well. But if he doesn't get it, they will go back to never voting again. and even though he doesn't have what most people say are the majority, he has a hell of a lot of people. Those people will be done voting, you watch. Also, if he wins, people will be pissed and they wont vote for him. The republican party is done after this election, regardless what they do. So even though he only has "37 %, which is hardly the majority", as one guy stated above. They will lose that 37% after this. And honestly, I don't think they care. The republican party is a joke. They want to be "conservative and Trump doesn't stand for what they stand for and blah blah", but they don't even like the most constitutional conservative we've had in decades in Cruz. They hate him too. They are such a joke man and this election just proves that most Americans are right. Politics are rigged, and they truly do not care what you think. They surely don't care what you want.
oh please... if Trump had 75% of the vote there wouldn't be anything to talk about. To date Trump has 37% of the popular vote and about 50% of the delegates awarded thus far. There are fair game gripes, like Trojan Horse delegates, but come on... he's benefited from the rules and has an outsized percentage of the delegates to show for it.

Yep. It is hard for me to believe that there are people out there who are convinced that Trump can beat Clinton. I don't see any way in hell that is happening. I think I speak for millions of "moderates" in this country. I will hold my nose and vote for Clinton before I vote for Trump or Cruz.

i'd say i won't vote for him, but i live in south carolina, so it doesn't matter. i'll vote 3rd party and my electoral allocation will go to Trump... but North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio are going to go Clinton and she will win in an electoral landslide.

Hillary wont win NC. She may win Florida and Ohio, but not NC. Democrats are going to really have to rally their electorate to get out and vote. In the primary, 37% more republicans voted in Florida than Democrats, and in Ohio 70% more voted. Now I realize there is always a gap like that, but Republicans are far more energized this time around than Democrats,

Hillary wont win NC. She may win Florida and Ohio, but not NC. Democrats are going to really have to rally their electorate to get out and vote. In the primary, 37% more republicans voted in Florida than Democrats, and in Ohio 70% more voted. Now I realize there is always a gap like that, but Republicans are far more energized this time around than Democrats,
fair point, but North Carolina showed very strong appetite for a 3rd party candidate in recent polling... but you certainly have a point, NC is a bit of a stretch, but a strong 3rd party candidate could tip it.

We are a laughing stock to other countries !! Don't like either one of them. Trump scares me, his temper gets out of control and I don't see why any woman would want him to win, And another Clinton?? Nightmares ! Nightmares with both of them !! :mad: JMO !

We are a laughing stock to other countries !! Don't like either one of them. Trump scares me, his temper gets out of control and I don't see why any woman would want him to win, And another Clinton?? Nightmares ! Nightmares with both of them !! :mad: JMO !
parliaments make more and more sense... access for 3rd parties, consensus governments, gridlock proof majorities, and you can oust an ineffective leader at any time with a floor vote.

Reactions: Buzzards Roost
cruz would have done better if he hadnt pulled the crap about other candidates dropping out when they hadnt. If he had just run on his own issues without trying some of the underhanded junk, I think a lot more republicans would like him.

fair point, but North Carolina showed very strong appetite for a 3rd party candidate in recent polling... but you certainly have a point, NC is a bit of a stretch, but a strong 3rd party candidate could tip it.
it is my understanding that trump would not be on the ballot in most states do to sore loser laws. more importantly, if trump really cared at all about the white house going to a conservative, then he wouldnt run as a third party candidate. people who would vote for trump even if he doesnt get the republican nomination would also rather have hillary in the whitehouse than whoever was elected the nominee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT