ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Tannehill

“I have two young kids that because the color of their skin I never have to worry about if they get pulled over by a police officer that they’re gonna make it out of that interaction alive and that’s a sick fact of the world that they’re living in.”

:eek:

“I have two young kids that because the color of their skin I never have to worry about if they get pulled over by a police officer that they’re gonna make it out of that interaction alive and that’s a sick fact of the world that they’re living in.”

Go tell his kids to pull a gun on a cop and see if they make it out alive

Meanwhile the thousands of blacks murdered by blacks is a much bigger issue. Liberals are totally cool with this though, as it doesn’t benefit them politically.

So this is what we've come to. It's really great that it's totally "uncontroversial" to say this, but the Chicago Bears felt the need to "disavow" Brian Urlacher over him saying this, ""Brett Favre played the MNF game the day his dad died, threw 4 TDs in the first half, and was a legend for playing in the face of adversity," Urlacher said in a since-deleted Instagram post, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. "NBA players boycott the playoffs because a dude reaching for a knife, wanted on a felony sexual assault warrant, was shot by police."

I understand this feeling and I don’t condone the shootings of black criminals like have been documented. But to say that all these innocent kids are being killed is a little misleading. The guy that just got shot in the back 7 time would not listen for the cops who had guns drawn. The cop couldn’t know what the guy was reaching for. The cop should have handled it differently and no way 4 cops shouldn’t be able to take one guy without having to shoot him. My point being he wasn’t an innocent kid.

I was born in the 1980’s and don’t remember widespread major race issues frequently happening until the Obama Administration. Of course it’s steadily gotten worse, but from my perspective it started under Obama.

Last edited:
So are we just so in denial at this point that we're going to act like this country wasn't founded on some very racist principles?
All school desks are made for right handed individuals. Lefties have no support for elbow, have crap for handwriting and some how, they persevered and most still got an education and a job. The lefties that didn't make it, cry that it was due to the right handed hidden agenda and systematic bias towards righties.

Poor lefties.

So are we just so in denial at this point that we're going to act like this country wasn't founded on some very racist principles?

No denial. I doubt 1% of the population would deny the history of the US.

Unfortunately, slavery is part of human history. It is documented in the Bible, way before the US was founded. I don’t know what is the answer is to resolve this part of human history.

Slaves were brought to the Americas to assist European colonialism. Many countries around the world were founded on European colonialism. Many native people were persecuted and killed by Europeans.

There are many examples of the horrors of man’s sin through human history. So, how do we reconcile this as a society? I have no idea!

The Aboriginal people in Australia were extremely persecuted and almost wiped out by the polices of the Stolen Generations from 1905 to 1967. After living in Australia, I can say for certain that they were disadvantaged severely. What is Australia doing to resolve this?

How did the Jewish populations in Europe recover after WWII, from Germany’s actions? What did Germany do to pay for their sins?

Please cite the racist principles in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Maybe I missed something in the parts of John Locke that Jefferson cribbed. Or, maybe, people are talking out of their rears and don't actually mean that the US was "founded on racist ideas" or "principles," but that some of the people involved in founding the country were racist, or that there were some racist policies at the founding of the country.

Can you enlighten me on which founding principals were the racist ones?

Slavery wasn’t a principal that the US was founded on. Slavery has existed for thousands of years in every part of the world.

If you want to say that the US had slaves and those slaves contributed to the building and growth of the US then i would agree. Some of the main principals this country were founded on are freedom of religion, limited government and the right to live your life in peace. All 3 of which seem to be slipping a way little by little.

Please cite the racist principles in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Maybe I missed something in the parts of John Locke that Jefferson cribbed. Or, maybe, people are talking out of their rears and don't actually mean that the US was "founded on racist ideas" or "principles," but that some of the people involved in founding the country were racist, or that there were some racist policies at the founding of the country.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...e-constitution-was-indeed-pro-slavery/406288/

Here's your answer. This is like saying " size 2 dresses don't discriminate against fat girls (but try getting a fat girl into it). The constitution, by it's very nature could not directly state the acceptance of the practice of enslaving millions of people, because it would show the pure HYPOCRISY of the document as written given the state of the country. You can best believe Jefferson knew that.

You can’t apply today’s morality to a period of more than 200 years ago . It’s just dumb

I was born in the 1980’s and don’t remember widespread major race issues happening until the Obama Administration. Of course it’s steadily gotten worse, but from my perspective it started under Obama.
Because Obama was black and that awakened the racists in this country along with social media as a platform for everyone to express their beliefs.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...e-constitution-was-indeed-pro-slavery/406288/

Here's your answer. This is like saying " size 2 dresses don't discriminate against fat girls (but try getting a fat girl into it). The constitution, by it's very nature could not directly state the acceptance of the practice of enslaving millions of people, because it would show the pure HYPOCRISY of the document as written given the state of the country. You can best believe Jefferson knew that.
That is a minority view, but it relies on the peculiar argument that the Constitution is pro-slavery (which actually doesn’t mean racist, per se) because it avoids endorsing slavery.

The thing is, it’s clear that the people who wrote and approved the Declaration were hypocritical in light of slavery. But that’s actually evidence for America’s founding ideals not being racist or pro-slavery. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I was born in the 1980’s and don’t remember widespread major race issues happening until the Obama Administration. Of course it’s steadily gotten worse, but from my perspective it started under Obama.

Man, that's a selective memory....
- Riiots in Miami after cops shot black men in 1980, 1982 and 1989
- 1987 attack on civil rights marchers in Cumming, GA
- O.J. Simpson trial
- LA Riots / Rodney King
- Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam
- David Duke ran for senate in LA and got 60% of the white vote
- Melissa McLauchlin killing in Summerville
- String of arsons of black churches in SC by KKK in 1987 (search Macedonia Baptist Church)
- 1996 St Petersburg riots (shooting of unarmed black teenager)
- 2001 Cincinnati riots (shooting of unarmed black teenager)

That's all I have off the top of my head, but I think it is safe to say that it started before Obama. Learn your history or risk showing your ignorance.

- O.J. Simpson trial
- LA Riots / Rodney King
- String of arsons of black churches in SC by KKK in 1987 (search Macedonia Baptist Church)

That's all I have off the top of my head, but I think it is safe to say that it started before Obama. Learn your history or risk showing your ignorance.
Those are all terrible things but are like 5-7 years apart, not every second of every day which is what I meant by “widespread.” Also, you sound like a douche trying to lecture people.

Last edited:

The Supreme Court that decided the Dred Scott case would disagree with your opinion. Hell, points 4 and 9 basically destroy your entire argument.

Opinion of the Court:
1. Upon a writ of error to a Circuit Court of the United States, the transcript of the record of all the proceedings in the case is brought before the court, and is open to inspection and revision.

2. When a plea to the jurisdiction, in abatement, is overruled by the court upon demurrer, and the defendant pleads in bar, and upon these pleas the final judgment of the court is in his favor — if the plaintiff brings a writ of error, the judgment of the court upon the plea in abatement is before this court, although it was in favor of the plaintiff — and if the court erred in overruling it, the judgment must be reversed, and a mandate issued to the Circuit Court to dismiss the case for want of jurisdiction.

3. In the Circuit Courts of the United States, the record must show that the case is one in which, by the Constitution and laws of the United States, the court had jurisdiction — and if this does not appear, and the judgment must be reversed by this court — and the parties cannot by consent waive the objection to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court.

4. A free negro of the African race, whose ancestors were brought to this country and sold as slaves, is not a "citizen" within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States.

5. When the Constitution was adopted, they were not regarded in any of the States as members of the community which constituted the State, and were not numbered among its "people or citizens." Consequently, the special rights and immunities guarantied to citizens do not apply to them. And not being "citizens" within the meaning of the Constitution, they are not entitled to sue in that character in a court of the United States, and the Circuit Court has not jurisdiction in such a suit.

6. The only two clauses in the Constitution which point to this race treat them as persons whom it was morally lawfully to deal in as articles of property and to hold as slaves.

7. Since the adoption of the Constitution of the United States, no State can by any subsequent law make a foreigner or any other description of persons citizens of [p394] the United States, nor entitle them to the rights and privileges secured to citizens by that instrument.

8. A State, by its laws passed since the adoption of the Constitution, may put a foreigner or any other description of persons upon a footing with its own citizens as to all the rights and privileges enjoyed by them within its dominion and by its laws. But that will not make him a citizen of the United States, nor entitle him to sue in its courts, nor to any of the privileges and immunities of a citizen in another State.

9. The change in public opinion and feeling in relation to the African race which has taken place since the adoption of the Constitution cannot change its construction and meaning, and it must be construed and administered now according to its true meaning and intention when it was formed and adopted.

10. The plaintiff having admitted, by his demurrer to the plea in abatement, that his ancestors were imported from Africa and sold as slaves, he is not a citizen of the State of Missouri according to the Constitution of the United States, and was not entitled to sue in that character in the Circuit Court.

11. This being the case, the judgment of the court below in favor of the plaintiff on the plea in abatement was erroneous.

All school desks are made for right handed individuals. Lefties have no support for elbow, have crap for handwriting and some how, they persevered and most still got an education and a job. The lefties that didn't make it, cry that it was due to the right handed hidden agenda and systematic bias towards righties.

Poor lefties.
All scissors are right-handed and looseleaf notebooks have the loops on the leftside and get in the way of lefthanded people.

Yet these people were Presidents of The US.
  • Barack Obama
  • James Garfield
  • Herbert Hoover
  • Harry Truman
  • Gerald Ford
  • Ronald Reagan
  • George H.W. Bush
  • Bill Clinton
And Dabo's greatest accomplishment against all odds?
He's LEFTHANDED!

Those are all terrible things but are like 5-7 years apart, not every second of every day which is what I meant by “widespread.” Also, you sound like a douche trying to lecture people.
Gets corrected. Tells person they sound like a douche. Yeah that tracks.

Reactions: fcctiger12
The Supreme Court that decided the Dred Scott case would disagree with your opinion. Hell, points 4 and 9 basically destroy your entire argument.

Opinion of the Court:
1. Upon a writ of error to a Circuit Court of the United States, the transcript of the record of all the proceedings in the case is brought before the court, and is open to inspection and revision.

2. When a plea to the jurisdiction, in abatement, is overruled by the court upon demurrer, and the defendant pleads in bar, and upon these pleas the final judgment of the court is in his favor — if the plaintiff brings a writ of error, the judgment of the court upon the plea in abatement is before this court, although it was in favor of the plaintiff — and if the court erred in overruling it, the judgment must be reversed, and a mandate issued to the Circuit Court to dismiss the case for want of jurisdiction.

3. In the Circuit Courts of the United States, the record must show that the case is one in which, by the Constitution and laws of the United States, the court had jurisdiction — and if this does not appear, and the judgment must be reversed by this court — and the parties cannot by consent waive the objection to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court.

4. A free negro of the African race, whose ancestors were brought to this country and sold as slaves, is not a "citizen" within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States.

5. When the Constitution was adopted, they were not regarded in any of the States as members of the community which constituted the State, and were not numbered among its "people or citizens." Consequently, the special rights and immunities guarantied to citizens do not apply to them. And not being "citizens" within the meaning of the Constitution, they are not entitled to sue in that character in a court of the United States, and the Circuit Court has not jurisdiction in such a suit.

6. The only two clauses in the Constitution which point to this race treat them as persons whom it was morally lawfully to deal in as articles of property and to hold as slaves.

7. Since the adoption of the Constitution of the United States, no State can by any subsequent law make a foreigner or any other description of persons citizens of [p394] the United States, nor entitle them to the rights and privileges secured to citizens by that instrument.

8. A State, by its laws passed since the adoption of the Constitution, may put a foreigner or any other description of persons upon a footing with its own citizens as to all the rights and privileges enjoyed by them within its dominion and by its laws. But that will not make him a citizen of the United States, nor entitle him to sue in its courts, nor to any of the privileges and immunities of a citizen in another State.

9. The change in public opinion and feeling in relation to the African race which has taken place since the adoption of the Constitution cannot change its construction and meaning, and it must be construed and administered now according to its true meaning and intention when it was formed and adopted.

10. The plaintiff having admitted, by his demurrer to the plea in abatement, that his ancestors were imported from Africa and sold as slaves, he is not a citizen of the State of Missouri according to the Constitution of the United States, and was not entitled to sue in that character in the Circuit Court.

11. This being the case, the judgment of the court below in favor of the plaintiff on the plea in abatement was erroneous.

The Supreme Court doesn’t get to decide what the constitution says. They get to “interpret” what it means and it is nothing more than a reflection of who they are. That was as true then as it is now and why i don’t think much of many of the interpretations.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Half that list want even close to what I was taking about and was the most out left field stuff you could possibly think of spread out over decades. I’m talking about the current everyday environment that seems like 50-60 years of progress has been eroded. This started happening more frequently under Obama and has gotten worse. A lot of people on here agreed with my post too. Now politely fvck off.
And people are telling you that the progress isn't enough. You have been blind to that since the 80s. Now it's in your face more than ever and you are thrown off. You were ignorant to what was going on in the past. You aren't the only one.

The poster above listed off the head numerous things through the 80s 90s and into the 2000s. People being angry about racism isn't new. They are just louder than you are used to.

Reactions: 96CUTiger
- O.J. Simpson trial
- LA Riots / Rodney King

In 2020 there is something different almost every day and it’s ongoing in several different cities at the same time. There was nothing remotely close to present day America in any of those years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT