ADVERTISEMENT

Sacha Baron Cohen claims another

Joe Appario is a dirt bag for sure, but I guess I'm too old to like this sort of thing. Never have enjoyed making folks look stupid for my own amusement, even if I completely disagree with them...

It just seems mean to me, but that's the type of world we live in I guess.

Joe Appario is a dirt bag for sure, but I guess I'm too old to like this sort of thing. Never have enjoyed making folks look stupid for my own amusement, even if I completely disagree with them...

It just seems mean to me, but that's the type of world we live in I guess.
After reading Arpaio’s wiki page summary I feel zero sympathy for that POS. Strikes me as the kind of guy that needs to be euthanized and is a complete cancer to our society.

Sacha baron Cohen is a hero

To me, Joe Arpaio isn't a bad guy necessarily, but he's a low IQ individual that should never have been given so much authority. Unfortunately, I know lots of dumb people who would've done the exact same things as Joe Arpaio just because of sheer ignorance.

That was like shooting fish in a barrel for SBC.

Reactions: johnhugh
After reading Arpaio’s wiki page summary I feel zero sympathy for that POS. Strikes me as the kind of guy that needs to be euthanized and is a complete cancer to our society.

Gonna respectfully disagree here John.

Arpaio is most definitely a huge POS. At the very least, he's a guy that get's his jollies out of tormenting people unfortunate enough to find themselves in his power. I have zero sympathy for HIM. However, it really bothers me that we as a society find someone exposing him in this manner entertaining. Sacha baron Cohen made him look like a dottering old fool and got off on humiliating him and a lot of people think this is just fine. I do not.

I find Arpaio a disgusting person mostly because of what he's done to people that were in his power. He's a bully... a hateful spiteful bully. In some ways, Cohen is doing the same thing. Getting his jollies on an old man who basically has no idea what the hell is going on... That's not right. Doesn't matter that the old man in question is a huge POS.

We as a society should be better than this. It's not about Arpaio... I don't give one shiit about him. He could drop dead right now or spend the rest of his life in prison and I would not care one bit. But baiting helpless idiots is pretty cruel and it says a lot about a society when we think this sort of thing is funny... and I do care about that.

Arpaio is most definitely a huge POS. At the very least, he's a guy that get's his jollies out of tormenting people unfortunate enough to find themselves in his power. I have zero sympathy for HIM. However, it really bothers me that we as a society find someone exposing him in this manner entertaining. Sacha baron Cohen made him look like a dottering old fool and got off on humiliating him and a lot of people think this is just fine. I do not.

I find Arpaio a disgusting person mostly because of what he's done to people that were in his power. He's a bully... a hateful spiteful bully. In some ways, Cohen is doing the same thing. Getting his jollies on an old man who basically has no idea what the hell is going on... That's not right. Doesn't matter that the old man in question is a huge POS.

We as a society should be better than this. It's not about Arpaio... I don't give one shiit about him. He could drop dead right now or spend the rest of his life in prison and I would not care one bit. But baiting helpless idiots is pretty cruel and it says a lot about a society when we think this sort of thing is funny... and I do care about that.
If they can do enough to be elected then they are not helpless. Definitely idiots, but not helpless. I am glad that SBC is exposing how stupid and racist these politicians are.

Hopefully more than a few of their supporters will learn that it’s a good idea to research candidates instead of just checking the box for the guy who has the “R” or the “D” next to their name.

The show is who is America. It’s about exposing the people that our population has elected to lead them. The entire show is Cohen saying to us “look at who your fellow citizens have elected to lead”. If he just says that in a statement he’s written off as a tool. Make a show and give these fools an environment to show their true colors and it’s much more effective.

The show is who is America. It’s about exposing the people that our population has elected to lead them. The entire show is Cohen saying to us “look at who your fellow citizens have elected to lead”. If he just says that in a statement he’s written off as a tool. Make a show and give these fools an environment to show their true colors and it’s much more effective.

I think SBC is hilarious, but I haven't watched yet. Is he equally outing the left and right?

There's also an element of these things where these old guys are trying to just be halfway nice and respectful to a foreign looking person.

Obviously, they're idiots, but SBC is controlling the narrative to an extent by putting them in really weird situations.

So, you have a problem with Karma?

FTR, I agree that society/culture is at an all-time low. However, people that have feasted and profited on the biases and fears of citizens have greatly contributed to our current state. I have no sympathy for the manner in which they are "outed" and personally consider it more sad than humorous.

Not sure what you think was accomplished. Thus far, he's gotten a couple of irrelevant old gun activists to say a few stupid things, and he's gotten a stupid lame duck Georgia State Representative to resign before his term ended. Arpaio has been irrelevant for a while. If he went after actually relevant people with something that was more than tricking them into walking into a room with naked Bruno (see: Ron Paul), maybe what he was doing would seem less mean spirited and important to some people.

Not sure what you think was accomplished. Thus far, he's gotten a couple of irrelevant old gun activists to say a few stupid things, and he's gotten a stupid lame duck Georgia State Representative to resign before his term ended. Arpaio has been irrelevant for a while. If he went after actually relevant people with something that was more than tricking them into walking into a room with naked Bruno (see: Ron Paul), maybe what he was doing would seem less mean spirited and important to some people.
The show is meant to show us how stupid the people running this country are. It’s accomplished that quite well.

Can’t stand Joe Arpaio. He is the worst of the worst. To say he is irrelevant isn’t correct. He is a candidate for the US Senate from Arizona and, if you recall, he was the first person President Trump pardoned. That says all we need to know about the president.

For the record, though, I am no fan of SBC. Thought his movie a number of years ago was nauseating and rarely funny. Nearly walked out ... or maybe I actually did.

The thing that I can't understand is how these people, time after time, can get duped by a guy wearing so much makeup and a wig asking them such absurd questions. SBC's movies have grossed huge numbers at the box office. It's not like he's some obscure comedian that nobody has ever heard of. He's made millions off of making other people look completely retarded. Why can't these people pick up on it?! I don't think it would be that hard to look at another person 4 or 5 feet away from you and know that they are wearing a mask or an excessive amount of makeup to change their appearance.

Reactions: Da Swami
The show is meant to show us how stupid the people running this country are. It’s accomplished that quite well.

giphy.gif

The thing that I can't understand is how these people, time after time, can get duped by a guy wearing so much makeup and a wig asking them such absurd questions. SBC's movies have grossed huge numbers at the box office. It's not like he's some obscure comedian that nobody has ever heard of. He's made millions off of making other people look completely retarded. Why can't these people pick up on it?! I don't think it would be that hard to look at another person 4 or 5 feet away from you and know that they are wearing a mask or an excessive amount of makeup to change their appearance.
Because the “pols” say what they think people want them to say. True for Dems and GOP. I have been close up to Joe Wilson a number of times when he has fielded bizarre questions from the audience. He always responds the way he thinks they want to hear. When asked about arming kindergarten students with guns, his response to SBC was his typical mode of operation unfortunately.

Apologists up and down this thread. Saying racist things and agreeing to arming kindergarteners just because SBC “tricked” you is not a reasonable excuse.

That crap is so rigged. WWE meets candid camera. Fake as hell

How's it rigged? These idiots could have easily told SBC to kick rocks and that they refuse to be subjugated to his stupid interview. It's not like he's asking them to be a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire or Wheel of Fortune. These are really under the radar interviews he's luring these dipshits into following through with.

Bernie Sanders never said that. False narrative. Or “fake news” - whatever you want to call it.

Please don’t believe everything you read on Facebook.

Ok sheep, I'm not on Facebook

Sheep gonna sheep

To me, Joe Arpaio isn't a bad guy necessarily, but he's a low IQ individual that should never have been given so much authority. Unfortunately, I know lots of dumb people who would've done the exact same things as Joe Arpaio just because of sheer ignorance.

That was like shooting fish in a barrel for SBC.
Really? Arpaio is absolutely a "bad guy" and that's putting it nicely. If you know a lot of people like that...I'm sorry.

I’m guessing Sacha Baron Cohen is a celebrity, but I have no idea what she’s famous for.

Can you imagine the field day he could have with Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters if he tried? He targets mostly republicans because that is what he is told to do by Showtime. Look at their programming, very left leaning.

Reactions: Cabotiger
Really? Arpaio is absolutely a "bad guy" and that's putting it nicely. If you know a lot of people like that...I'm sorry.
I do know or have known a lot of people like that. I'm white and from South Carolina so that shouldn't be a shock. All of my grandparents were totally racist and their friends were too.

Don't worry about me though. I used to tease my grandmother about her racism as early as when I was in high school. I don't think of her as a bad person, but she was a product of her ignorant upbringing.

I do know or have known a lot of people like that. I'm white and from South Carolina so that shouldn't be a shock. All of my grandparents were totally racist and their friends were too.

Don't worry about me though. I used to tease my grandmother about her racism as early as when I was in high school. I don't think of her as a bad person, but she was a product of her ignorant upbringing.

Your racist grandma isn’t on the same level as sheriff joe.

What's so funny about making an old man look like an idiot? Like him or not (I know little about him), making someone to look stupid because you don't like them puts you on the same level or lower.

No, plenty of options on the left,ie Maxine Waters and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to name a few.
Democrats are not stupid to fall for a guy name OMGWhizzBoyOMG on a Finnish YouTube channel. That is like saying millions of people would fall for a draft dodging, kitty cat grabbing, fake christian, anti American labor, pathological lying, Illegal immigrant employing, H2B Visa abusing, outsourcing, Russian spy that is a son of a Klansman, narcissist Donald J. Trump.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
If it was a left wing person that got nailed, OP wouldn’t post it. He’s a political hack for Democrats. Can never see bad in his own party. Personally I despise most liberal politicians and media, as well as establishment Republicans.
Basically the Deep State and Globalist.

ADVERTISEMENT