ADVERTISEMENT

Saints Linebacker

May God have mercy on your godless soul
I’m not godless. I’m just saying that these players need to leave the “well I believe in this” crap at the door. They are employees at a successful business. If the boss says stand for the anthem, you stand. If the boss says don’t wear headbands with words, you don’t do it. It’s that simple.

I’m not godless. I’m just saying that these players need to leave the “well I believe in this” crap at the door. They are employees at a successful business. If the boss says stand for the anthem, you stand. If the boss says don’t wear headbands with words, you don’t do it. It’s that simple.

I couldn’t agree more.

A blind man could see what you did there but still some won’t.

I wish he would kneel for the anthem while sporting the headband and Betsy Ross Nike’s. It would completely blow the minds of all the people who actually allow this kind of stuff to affect their life.

Buddy it’s not a hard concept. Police brutality is a problem. It’s an even bigger problem for the African-American demographic. Colin Kaepernick decides to peacefully protest by taking a knee during the national anthem to say “I can’t just blindly worship a country that continues to take no action when numerous unarmed African-Americans are killed by law enforcement year after year.”

You don’t like that because you think not blindly following the customs of the anthem means someone hates America. You think Colin Kaepernick is a POS because he took a peaceful and effective method to protest a blatant and continuous injustice in our country. He even consulted with veterans before doing so. To act like he has been reckless or inconsiderate in any way shape or form is simply ignorant.

So you can continue to think you’re some red-blooded, freedom-loving, picture perfect American and hate Kaepernick and anyone else who doesn’t like police killing unarmed black men. But the reality is YOU are the POS. YOU are the ignorant SOB who any decent person can’t stand when it comes to conversation about this topic. If you hate the guy who protests police brutality, I am forced to assume that you support police brutality.

Since that seems to be the case, I think I speak for most of the decent human beings on this forum when I say that YOU should boycott being a Clemson fan. You are an embarrassment to the fan base.

These players need to understand that you are an employee. Save the ridiculous personal crap for when you’re not at work. You stand for the anthem, and you don’t wear personal message headbands.

At least be consistent with your trolls. BTW I give zero ****s about either issue. I just want to watch football without political shit involved.

I get what you’re saying but it’s simply a double standard, always has been. People want you to be quiet about God and your Christian faith but don’t say a word about others beliefs. It’s beyond ridiculous! The NFL allowed Colin Kapernick to continually offend so many on this country every day and never did a thing about it but I bet you if he’d have made a stand for God they’d have shut him up and fined him immediately!!

I get what you’re saying but it’s simply a double standard, always has been. People want you to be quiet about God and your Christian faith but don’t say a word about others beliefs. It’s beyond ridiculous! The NFL allowed Colin Kapernick to continually offend so many on this country every day and never did a thing about it but I bet you if he’d have made a stand for God they’d have shut him up and fined him immediately!!

You are batting 1000.

Kapernick peacefully protested and did not break any Leage rules. This player has broken league rules. What’s hard to understand?

Kapernick peacefully protested and did not break any Leage rules. This player has broken league rules. What’s hard to understand?
SMH...why do I try and have a conversation with you? I thought you made a rational post to begin with and then you follow it up with this garbage. Won’t happen again!

Reactions: m_l_murphy
giphy.gif

You are batting 1000.
No, he’s not. At least as it pertains to this article. He’s doing exactly what everyone does in these type situations and moves the goalposts on the argument.

You posted a story about a player mentioning God on a headband. Something that is in conflict with specific NFL uniform rules. There is no double standard regarding this particular situation, that I’m aware of. The Christian Right changes an actual story to try and lump it in with other actual, and even worse, hypothetical instances, to try and correlate where there is none. I’ll also add that those with other political, social and religious opinions do the same thing.

Show me an instance where a player has had ‘praise be to Allah’ or ‘I’m a Buddha man’ on their uniform and it was allowed to slide. That’s a double standard. Assuming that they would let it slide is not a double standard. That’s intellectual dishonesty. Present that to me, and we can talk.

And the Tebow kneeling situation is also not a double standard as it pertains to the ‘I’m a man of God’ issue. Tebow had detractors and opinions offered contrary to his own. And in case you missed it, Kaepernick also has plenty of opinions contrary to his own. That’s just life. No one agrees. But what both are allowed to do, under the premise the OP article is based on, is continue what they were doing without fines. both creating sensationalism on both sides isn’t a double standard as an argumentative example relative to the original posted link. That’s normal, that’s to be expected. That’s something that shouldn’t really bother anyone. There’s 330 million people in this country. Why wouldn’t there be people who agree with Kaep but disagree with Tebow? Why wouldn’t there be people that agree with Tebow and disagree with Kaep? You can argue that is a double standard as a stand alone issue and specific to that situation. But doing so is will also be an admission that the double standard actually exists on both sides.

Were you equally outraged when the NFL ruled that Peyton Manning couldn’t wear black high tops to honor Johnny Unitas back in 2002? Does that clearly mean that the ‘libs’ are on an agenda to take high tops away from us Americans. This is not new stuff. It’s just that this happens to be a subject that somewhere along the way, you’ve been told, and since believe, that God is being removed from our lives.

And since you believe that God is being taken away from us, I’m curious what God that is? Is it the God that fits into one’s world view, the prosperity Gospel? or is it the God of the actual Gospels and Jesus Christ?

God is still in that player’s heart. The NFL didn’t strip him of his faith.

The brother of the Guyger murder victim displayed a wonderful show of faith and what the Gospels have written. And he did it in a courtroom where we’ve all been led to believe that God has been removed from...since 10 commandments and the word God are being removed from judicial venues and all. How could someone display such compassion and forgiveness in a place where 10 commandments are taken down and Christmas trees are being called Holiday trees?

It’s because it’s not true. What is true is that the God of prosperity, or the prosperity Gospel is dissipating, as it rightly should. Because it’s an idol. An incredibly false one at that. The propaganda is directed to establish contempt for the opposing opinions on public and state display. That’s doing a far greater job of removing God from our lives than words and symbols being changed.

I’m fascinated by the belief that any media that has a different political leaning than ones own is routinely fake news and double standard’d, but their own media affiliations aren’t. Don’t fall victim to propaganda and animosity.

Last edited:
SMH...why do I try and have a conversation with you? I thought you made a rational post to begin with and then you follow it up with this garbage. Won’t happen again!
Wait, you thought his first post was rational? I’m kind of speechless. You lost some cred with that comment.

No, he’s not. At least as it pertains to this article. He’s doing exactly what everyone does in these type situations and moves the goalposts on the argument.

You posted a story about a player mentioning God on a headband. Something that is in conflict with specific NFL uniform rules. There is no double standard regarding this particular situation, that I’m aware of. The Christian Right changes an actual story to try and lump it in with other actual, and even worse, hypothetical instances, to try and correlate where there is none. I’ll also add that those with other political, social and religious opinions do the same thing.

Show me an instance where a player has had ‘praise be to Allah’ or ‘I’m a Buddha man’ on their uniform and it was allowed to slide. That’s a double standard. Not assuming that they would let it slide is not a double standard. That’s intellectual dishonesty. Present that to me, and we can talk.

And the Tebow kneeling situation is also not a double standard as it pertains to the ‘I’m a man of God’ issue. Tebow had detractors and opinions offered contrary to his own. And in case you missed it, Kaepernick also has plenty of opinions contrary to his own. That’s just life. No one agrees. But what both are allowed to do, under the premise the OP article is based on, is that Tebow and Kaep were allowed to do so, it’s just that both created sensationalism on both sides. That’s normal, that’s to be expected. That’s something that shouldn’t really bother anyone. There’s 330 million people in this country. Why wouldn’t there be people who agree with Kaep but disagree with Tebow? Why wouldn’t there be people that agree with Tebow and disagree with Kaep? You could argue that is a double standard as it pertains specifically to that situation. But doing so is also an admission that the double standard actually exists on both sides.

Were you equally outraged when the NFL ruled that Peyton Manning couldn’t wear black high tops to honor Johnny Unitas back in 2002? Does that clearly mean that the ‘libs’ are on an agenda to take high tops away from us Americans. This is not new stuff. It’s just that this happens to be a subject that somewhere along the way, you’ve been told, and since believe, that God is being removed from our lives.

And since you believe that God is being taken away from us, I’m curious what God that is? Is it the God that fits into one’s world view, the prosperity Gospel? or is it the God of the actual Gospels and Jesus Christ?

God is still in that player’s heart. The NFL didn’t strip him of his faith.

The brother of the Guyger murder victim displayed a wonderful show of faith and what the Gospels have written. And he did it in a courtroom where we’ve all been led to believe that God has been removed from...since 10 commandments and the word God are being removed from judicial venues and all. How could someone display such compassion and forgiveness in a place where 10 commandments are taken down and Christmas trees are being called Holiday trees?

It’s because it’s not true. What is true is that the God of prosperity, or the prosperity Gospel is dissipating, as it rightly should. Because it’s an idol. An incredibly false one at that. The propaganda is directed to establish contempt for the differing opinions of public and state display. That’s doing a far greater job of removing God from our lives than words and symbols being changed.

I’m fascinated by the belief that any media that has a different political leaning than ones own is routinely fake news and double standard’d, but their own media affiliations aren’t. Don’t fall victim to propaganda and animosity.
What a great post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT