ADVERTISEMENT

SC Governor's latest mandates - SUCKS

MoneMan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2019
Lake Keowee
https://governor.sc.gov/news/2020-0...ZQRPq-gI-bhOFMF0BYTRKt8sFW_E-6Wq4gW2-cRm87Jgg

Take effect 03 AUG. 2 things that I took out of this:

1) Patrons (and Employees) required to use masks at restaurants (how the hell you supposed to eat?)

2) No gatherings more than 50% occupancy or 250 people. Whichever is less. I guess we will all be watching Clemson football on TV.
You wear the mask in the restaurant until you get to your table. Once at the table, which should be distanced from other tables, you can remove the mask. If you get up to go to bathroom etc you put it back on. That’s how we’re doing it here in Texas at least.

https://governor.sc.gov/news/2020-0...ZQRPq-gI-bhOFMF0BYTRKt8sFW_E-6Wq4gW2-cRm87Jgg

1) Patrons (and Employees) required to use masks at restaurants (how the hell you supposed to eat?)

2) No gatherings more than 50% occupancy or 250 people. Whichever is less. I guess we will all be watching Clemson football on TV.
Exceptions allowed for football games if they maintain the 50% deal. But stand by for changes.:)

This makes a lot of sense. You're obviously not required to wear a mask while you're eating and drinking...

It will be interesting to see if they make exceptions for sporting events. But maybe the infection numbers will have gone down by then and they will have lifted some of these restrictions, or loosened them, by then anyway.

Masks are being required for spectators of youth sporting events starting Monday too. Also for players not actively playing in the game, like being in the dugout or on the bench.

You wear the mask in the restaurant until you get to your table. Once at the table, which should be distanced from other tables, you can remove the mask. If you get up to go to bathroom etc you put it back on. That’s how we’re doing it here in Texas at least.

Its the same here...someone hasn't been out of the house lately

Masks are being required for spectators of youth sporting events starting Monday too. Also for players not actively playing in the game, like being in the dugout or on the bench.
Where did you see this? I haven’t been able to find that.

same here in Oregon, and everywhere else I’ve heard about.

I am looking for a car and had a car salesman never wear a mask, never wash or santiaze his hands, sit extremely close to me in the car and overall be a sleeze ball but I don't think that is covid related

Crazy that you would have to explain something so simple

We’re planning going to the new hotel at the Braves stadium and staying there for a home weekend. You can see the game from the pool and outdoor area.

Reactions: purenonsense
If students ever make it to campus I fully expect them to be allowed at football games..

Does anyone actually think we will have fans at the game?

I think there is a portion of the population that feels some combination of invincible to common-sense responsible to unfazed by the fears to excited about the chance to get the best seats for a game they may never again have a shot at in their lifetime to watch Trevor/Etienne/and company play. Throw in some folks who are just sick of sitting at home for yet another month on end. Then mix in enough erroneous folks who just think all this pandemic stuff is hogwash/overkill and yes....I actually do think you'll see fans at games for several reasons or another.

I'm not disagreeing that there will be greatly reduced numbers (esp for lesser opponents)...and the front gates aren't going to be in jeopardy of being overrun by fans wanting in...but where there is opportunity, there will be somebody who measures the potential risk and takes advantage. It's just how people tend to operate.

Now if we're talking about away games at wake or somewhere that football interest is akin to an intramural sport....then no...I think the absences will be far more prominent.

If students ever make it to campus I fully expect them to be allowed at football games..
Requiring social distancing for students a games? Good luck. It’ll be about as easy as keeping them in the stadium after halftime.

Reactions: Ron Munson
I think there is a portion of the population that feels some combination of invincible to common-sense responsible to unfazed by the fears to excited about the chance to get the best seats for a game they may never again have a shot at in their lifetime to watch Trevor/Etienne/and company play. Throw in some folks who are just sick of sitting at home for yet another month on end. Then mix in enough erroneous folks who just think all this pandemic stuff is hogwash/overkill and yes....I actually do think you'll see fans at games for several reasons or another.

I'm not disagreeing that there will be greatly reduced numbers (esp for lesser opponents)...and the front gates aren't going to be in jeopardy of being overrun by fans wanting in...but where there is opportunity, there will be somebody who measures the potential risk and takes advantage. It's just how people tend to operate.

Now if we're talking about away games at wake or somewhere that football interest is akin to an intramural sport....then no...I think the absences will be far more prominent.

If it were up to fans, i think you would have minimum 40k in the stands. But no way the administration allows fans in the stadium.

Ray Tanner just said on the news here that he expects 20%.
Also, said that he is submitting a plan to the Governor real soon. Given McMaster’s requirement for in school options for K-12, I doubt he will approve any plans that do not require substantial numbers of students and fans at the game. My smartass comment aside, I believe Clemson will have at least a 20,000 capacity this year.

Reactions: tigersrule#
Governor Foghorn Leghorn may be the most inept idiot around. My 17 year old would be a better leader.

Reactions: jebsdaddy
If it were up to fans, i think you would have minimum 40k in the stands. But no way the administration allows fans in the stadium.

Absolutely agree. The admin will limit the supply more than fans will limit the demand.

Reactions: cemtiger
ADVERTISEMENT