ADVERTISEMENT

SC Primary elections tomorrow

ClemOpie

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2011
Greenville
For the most part, the real elections right now in SC are the republican primaries. I don't walk into the general election and pull the Repub ticket and I give all parties a chance but I'll vote in the SC Repub primary because it is who will get elected by default in November.

Who y'all backing?

Governor?
Sec of State?
Atty General?
US House District 04?

Governor - I think I've decided on John Warren. I actually watched the debate a couple weeks ago. Didn't like that McMaster chose not to show up. Thought Catherine Templeton came across as having memorized a few dozen blurbs but was lost when she had to improvise and oddly kept quiet at weird times. Templeton's ads are horrific and I don't want my state represented by her. I thought Warren did the best job of anyone and would be a good choice.

Not really decided anything on the other elections.

I am getting in here to read some comments...Templeton is a friend of a friend and he sent me an e-mail yesterday asking for support. I am really torn and plan on having some conversations with some people more knowledgeable than I today. the feel is there will be a run off for governor and whomever wins will knock McMaster out but with him getting Trump's endorsement I am not sure that will happen.

I do know I will vote for my Citadel classmate Bobby Cox for my house district.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvgator12
Anyone from Charleston should be voting for Templeton. Charleston has no leadership with power and has been fleeced by Columbia. Leatherman is building useless roads in Florence when we can't even drive in Charleston, the city that brings in the majority of the revenue for the state. Half kidding, but I'd probably vote for Charleston to secede from the state.

Reactions: DaBadass
I'm in the second. Going to vote for James Smith for Governor and probably Carrigan for US House District 2. Yes on Medical Marijuana and Medicaid Expansion.

Reactions: RSG29072
Anyone from Charleston should be voting for Templeton. Charleston has no leadership with power and has been fleeced by Columbia. Leatherman is building useless roads in Florence when we can't even drive in Charleston, the city that brings in the majority of the revenue for the state. Half kidding, but I'd probably vote for Charleston to secede from the state.
This post is the most Charleston thing that ever Charlestoned. It Charlestons so hard.

Good for you.

Medicaid expansion needs to happen. There are over 100k people in this state not poor enough for Medicaid and don’t qualify for federal subsidies.

Yeah. The ACA would have been better if all the states would have expanded. I'm still for a more comprehensive overall system (single payer or multi-payer universal) but this felt like a no brainer. The only reasons for Haley not to expand were politics and sort of principle.

4th District-I'm voting for Epley... Heard him on talk radio and was very impressed... Also ok with Timmons, if he comes out of the primary...

Got this in the mail... I laughed.

359wumv.jpg

Good for you.

Medicaid expansion needs to happen. There are over 100k people in this state not poor enough for Medicaid and don’t qualify for federal subsidies.

Are any Republicans supporting either of these two issues?

I second this question. I figure Medical Marijuana will get pretty strong support but who knows in this crazy state.

Its only on the dem ballot. The republican ballot is about changing the tax code to reflect the Trump Tax cut policy.

Reactions: ClemsonMax
Its only on the dem ballot. The republican ballot is about changing the tax code to reflect the Trump Tax cut policy.

Weak sauce. Well those two measures will probably overwhelming support among Democrats. Is there any indication to what makes it to the ballot in November? Is this part of that process?

I’m a conservative and I think there is room for Medicaid/Medicare expansion and increases in SC but you need to be careful how you go about it.

Obama’s competitive bid killed a lot of areas reimbursement rates. People bid on shit they never planned to provide at the rates they bid or had no clue what they were really bidding on hoping to subcontract with someone who would handle the process and they just had to handle the billing aspect

Medicaid could be expanded but not as charity

Warren all the way. No thanks on Templeton....she is a bold face liar. Also, Warren's running mate is a Charleston guy and will make sure Charleston get's the road attention it needs.

Do the state and our future a favor and vote for public education this go round. If there's ever been a critical platform to separate candidates, its education. Going forward this state can't afford to get it wrong any longer.

I’m a conservative and I think there is room for Medicaid/Medicare expansion and increases in SC but you need to be careful how you go about it.

Obama’s competitive bid killed a lot of areas reimbursement rates. People bid on shit they never planned to provide at the rates they bid or had no clue what they were really bidding on hoping to subcontract with someone who would handle the process and they just had to handle the billing aspect

Medicaid could be expanded but not as charity

We can't pay for any of this (Medicaid/Medicare) now, why do people keep referring to this agenda as a "doable" topic? These politicians come on TV and make promises while simultaneously NOT raising taxes. What fills the budget gap between funded expenditures and the actual bottom line? I will tell you, borrowing. We continue to borrow at an unsustainable pace, i.e. keep kicking the can down the road and hope for the best. This charade WILL come to an end, and abruptly.

Reactions: gotigers24
ERIC GRABEN is the best candidate for congress. He was raised in Clemson. Earned an undergraduate degree in physics from Clemson. PhD in Foreign affairs from UVA. Law degree from UVA. He is a business lawyer in Greenville. I knew him and his family in Clemson when he was a kid. He was thought to be the smartest young person in the town. With the various academic disciplines he has conquered, I believe he can solve a problem or two and God knows we have got them in the U.S. Congress.

Reactions: GWRICH8115
I know who I'm not voting for. Not voting for the Warren for gov. Not voting for Mark Sanford. Not voting for Wilson for AJ.

Reactions: rollcall2daball

I don't think it's an option for us. Only on the Democratic ballot:

Here are what the questions look like:

Democratic Primary

1. Do you support passing a state law allowing doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to patients?
  2. Do you support passing a state law requiring the governor of South Carolina to accept all federal revenues offered to support Medicaid and Medicaid expansion efforts in the state?
Republican Primary

1. Do you believe that voters should have the option to choose to affiliate with a political party when they register to vote or change their voter registration in South Carolina?
  2. Do you believe that South Carolina’s tax code should be brought into conformity with the new Trump tax cuts in the federal tax code for maximum simplification and to lower the overall tax burden on South Carolina taxpayers and businesses? (An explanation of this can be found here.)

We can't pay for any of this (Medicaid/Medicare) now, why do people keep referring to this agenda as a "doable" topic? These politicians come on TV and make promises while simultaneously NOT raising taxes. What fills the budget gap between funded expenditures and the actual bottom line? I will tell you, borrowing. We continue to borrow at an unsustainable pace, i.e. keep kicking the can down the road and hope for the best. This charade WILL come to an end, and abruptly.

I’m very familiar with Medicare/Medicaid

It’s a challenge and the reimbursement is hard as hell. But there is a need if utilized properly

Reactions: IMBlessed
I don’t think Attorney General Wilson has earned re-election. Corruption has been a staple of both parties, but if you are using your official position to cover it up, it’s time to give someone else a chance.

Last edited:
Gov may not matter when Pascoe indicts McMaster for the same stuff the Quinn's are going down for. We may just have a Dem GOV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT