ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland-Ireland trip

tuckertiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Chris wanted me to post an update on our recent bucket-list trip to Scotland-Ireland.

We roughly based our 19 day trip on a couple of group excursions we saw online but wanted to rent cars in each country to see a couple sites that were important to me, namely a trip to my 12ggparents supposed home and castle ruins in Creich, Scotland, and a trip to Glenfiddich distillery, my favorite Scotch.

Both the Scottish and Irish countrysides were absolutely beautiful, especially the drive from Inverness to Glasgow, via Ft William and Glencoe. The Ring of Kerry drive in Ireland was unforgettable in its beauty. We stayed in 11 different locations, which looking back was too many. If I did it again, I'd stay in 4 or 5 locations and do day trips from there. We stayed in Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Inverness, Glasgow in Scotland and Belfast, Dublin, Waterford, Killarney, Ennis, and Galway in Ireland. The Lake Hotel outside Killarney was our favorite! The people we met, especially in pubs, were extremely nice and seemed happy we were there and interested in their countries.

We drove about 1100 miles and only had 2 near-death experiences. Both were from brain-farts driving on the wrong side of the road. :) The drivers from both countries were much nicer than here but they have to be - there are many places and situations where you have 1 lane bridges and passes, especially in small towns and you have to yield accordingly. Round-abouts everywhere but they work very well once you get used to them. Unforgettable trip!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News