ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Class Beach trip and now COVID-19

This x1000. In a couple days it will be 100 kids and they were all having a gang bang in a swimming pool while knowing they were infected....
giphy.gif

You come back around when SC gets out of hand and they shut down Clemson in the fall.

My concern honestly is football. We are not there now, but could be starting to go down that path.

If that happens, people like you will be to blame
Well, let's talk about how well social distancing can take place with football. I guess they are going to have to expand how big the football field is to make sure each player stays 6 feet away from each other at all times. Guess they will have a 2-yard halo around players like they do with punts at all times. Etienne should put up some HUGE numbers if this is the case. Guess the rushing record books will be rewritten this year.
I am all for football and want it to happen. But how can we really call and shout for social distancing to help stop the spread of the virus and then clamor for football to take place? Can't have a double standard just for sports or can we?!
Also, football and basketball officials have whistles that are blown how many times a game? Nah, that doesn't aerosolize virus particles from people that are asymptomatic.

Last edited:
And then there’s the other percentage who have businesses to run, and act like adults. Thank God for those folks, as they take care of everyone else, and are an example of strength.
You're right. Society would end without haircuts and movie theaters. Everyone knows that most businesses are essential and need to be open with safety parameters. This is about reckless parents risking the lives of many because they are selfish. Imagine how many of these kids probably saw their grandparents in the time they were back before knowing they were infected. And how many of those grandparents went out to morning breakfast with their friends. These parents have the responsibility to make grown-up decisions, even if they're not what the kids want. But that's not what today's society is about: it's about being "best friends" with your kids and not parenting, but rather enabling.

Those kids had the second half of their senior year stolen from them...what are they doing wrong? Every beach house rental here is filled with families so what are these kids doing that’s any different?

Some of y’all need to get a grip. The numbers here were always going to rise....if you didn’t expect that then I do t know what to tell you...
Man, you flip-flop like the wind. Are you just trying to get likes?

You're right. Society would end without haircuts and movie theaters. Everyone knows that most businesses are essential and need to be open with safety parameters. This is about reckless parents risking the lives of many because they are selfish. Imagine how many of these kids probably saw their grandparents in the time they were back before knowing they were infected. And how many of those grandparents went out to morning breakfast with their friends. These parents have the responsibility to make grown-up decisions, even if they're not what the kids want. But that's not what today's society is about: it's about being "best friends" with your kids and not parenting, but rather enabling.

Dude your position on this virus started out semi reasonable a while back but you’ve evolved into full blown hysteria. You need to pull it together.

Man, you flip-flop like the wind. Are you just trying to get likes?

Im not flip flopping. I wear a mask in public. I also think the country should be open and people should live their lives. The at risk need to stay quarantined and the rest of us try and protect them.

Doesn’t sound like these kids or their parents did anything wrong, besides maybe not wearing masks. This virus is not what we all thought it was 2 months ago. If you haven’t picked up that info, then you haven’t been paying attention.

Reactions: TM2013
Dude your position on this virus started out semi reasonable a while back but you’ve evolved into full blown hysteria. You need to pull it together.
I'd love for you to find any quotes from me that are full blown hysteria. The only thing I do is put stats on here, while so many spout out BS. I have never one time said shut the world down. But I have said MANY times that people are ignorant and ignoring a very real problem. I also said this thing would blow by 100,000 deaths, while idiots like CocksuckerNumber1 said it was just the ordinary flu. I see why you're all of a sudden jumping on the other side though: I forgot you have connections to Hammond. Guess you're probably defending some parents you know. By the way, was your source who said we were getting Jordan Burch one of the parents in this house?

I'd love for you to find any quotes from me that are full blown hysteria. The only thing I do is put stats on here, while so many spout out BS. I have never one time said shut the world down. But I have said MANY times that people are ignorant and ignoring a very real problem. I also said this thing would blow by 100,000 deaths, while idiots like CocksuckerNumber1 said it was just the ordinary flu. I see why you're all of a sudden jumping on the other side though: I forgot you have connections to Hammond. Guess you're probably defending some parents you know. By the way, was your source who said we were getting Jordan Burch one of the parents in this house?

No the Hammond parent I know was not involved in this “incident.” My main source on JB was on the Clemson side of things btw.

Also, congrats, you’re hysterical and have gone completely off the reservation. This thing is only slightly worse than the flu, and for young people it’s not any worse.

Reactions: TM2013 and jmh9713
Look at it this way OP...none of these kids got sick and now after a couple of weeks of seclusion theycan do what they want the rest of the summer and their first year of college can be more fun.

You come back around when SC gets out of hand and they shut down Clemson in the fall.

My concern honestly is football. We are not there now, but could be starting to go down that path.

If that happens, people like you will be to blame

If your concern is football we need to go ahead and knock this whole thing out now and create some type of herd immunity. If you wait till September to just say OK EVERYONE COME ON OUT you will experience what is going on right now at the beginning of the season.

No, this is about people taking their own calculated risks and knowing the odds. Just like we do every time we hop into a car.

It is also about the people who chose to stay home and not get anywhere near anyone for the next 2-3 years. That is their level of risk.

Everyone has to live their life.

If your concern is football we need to go ahead and knock this whole thing out now and create some type of herd immunity. If you wait till September to just say OK EVERYONE COME ON OUT you will experience what is going on right now at the beginning of the season.
I agree. So you social distance now but not when football season happens? Makes no sense. Folks, this virus isn't going anywhere, even if herd-immunity occurs or vaccine comes out first of the year. Let's pray the CORONA goes the way of SARS.

No the Hammond parent I know was not involved in this “incident.” My main source on JB was on the Clemson side of things btw.

Also, congrats, you’re hysterical and have gone completely off the reservation. This thing is only slightly worse than the flu, and for young people it’s not any worse.
#COVIDENGR19

Sweden tried that. The bunkered in the old and weak. They now have death 10x their neighbors and just tested for herd immunity. 7% of the population tested for an antibody. If herd immunity is the answer, it will be a long wait. At this point, it looks like the experts are waiting on a vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/health/sweden-herd-immunity-coronavirus-intl/index.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-virus-strategy-says-he-got-some-things-wrong

To be clear, I do not think we need to be locked down. The economy can not handle it. But we need to be careful and wear masks (whether they are perfect or not), need to keep our distance, etc...

People think that this was some sort of tornado warning and now the risk is over and are back to their old life. It is why our positive cases have doubled over the highest levels seen even when the amount of testing is way down.

Just don't be idiots and spread it around.

I think this example is pretty clear that high school seniors do not know how to keep to themselves ;)

I will only challenge you on the part that it's slightly worse than the Flu.... If you get mild or even moderate symptoms it can cause long term lung damage with scarring and such. With the flu you get over it and move on no lasting issues.

Reactions: CU91ENGR
Sweden tried that. The bunkered in the old and weak. They now have death 10x their neighbors and just tested for herd immunity. 7% of the population tested for an antibody. If herd immunity is the answer, it will be a long wait. At this point, it looks like the experts are waiting on a vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/health/sweden-herd-immunity-coronavirus-intl/index.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-virus-strategy-says-he-got-some-things-wrong

To be clear, I do not think we need to be locked down. The economy can not handle it. But we need to be careful and wear masks (whether they are perfect or not), need to keep our distance, etc...

People think that this was some sort of tornado warning and now the risk is over and are back to their old life. It is why our positive cases have doubled over the highest levels seen even when the amount of testing is way down.

I think this example is pretty clear that high school seniors do not know how to keep to themselves ;)

I don’t think testing is way down everywhere. Not all states are as backwards as ours.

I will only challenge you on the part that it's slightly worse than the Flu.... If you get mild or even moderate symptoms it can cause long term lung damage with scarring and such. With the flu you get over it and move on no lasting issues.

Those are the rarest of cases. Also, that’s part of how it’s slightly worse than the flu. The numbers we have now corroborate this.

Those are the rarest of cases. Also, that’s part of how it’s slightly worse than the flu. The numbers we have now corroborate this.

No they don't... One of the main issues with the Covid is how it attacks the lungs and can cause permanent damage. I'd say that is a little more that slightly worse than the Flu.

Those kids had the second half of their senior year stolen from them...what are they doing wrong? Every beach house rental here is filled with families so what are these kids doing that’s any different?

Some of y’all need to get a grip. The numbers here were always going to rise....if you didn’t expect that then I do t know what to tell you...
It amazes me this is a surprise to anyone. Nothing has changed since we shut things down. Still no vaccine and the virus is still here. What did people think was going to happen? The good news is the overwhelming majority of those kids will be just fine and many will not even have symptoms. Just quarantine them when they get home and keep them out of nursing homes.
People who think this will not spread like wildfire when kids go back to school are not very bright. The caveat to this is it may be lessened if most of them get it before school starts back -which would actually be ideal. If you are at high risk due to health problems, you need to proceed under the assumption people you come in contact with have it and take steps to protect yourself. This is not complicated. Logic dictates cases will increase substantially over the next several months as long as people are free to go about life as normal. Masks and gloves could blunt the spread, but a large majority of people wearing them either don't know how to wear them are just have them for show. Millions more people will die this year, and some of them will die from covid.

Reactions: stuk1 and TM2013

The flattening of the curve was never going to save lives. That is the most frustrating thing about all of this. When the virus hit it was ALWAYS going to claim the same number of lives over an extended period of time.

Sweden is essentially experiencing their loss now rather than later.

We can not operate that way. That is the exact opposite of how things should work. Can some grand parents and people with high health risk make some responsible decisions to protect themselves?

So you say that I have lost my mind, and then you turn around and say it's only slightly worse than the flu. It's only killed double the amount as the worst flu we've had in nearly a century. And that's in just over 3 months. Do you even read what you're saying?

We can not operate that way. That is the exact opposite of how things should work. Can some grand parents and people with high health risk make some responsible decisions to protect themselves?
What you say definitely makes sense in today's society. Take care of yourself, I'm worrying about me. This country has definitely become it's all about me.

Reactions: PontificatingUnifex
The flattening of the curve was never going to save lives. That is the most frustrating thing about all of this. When the virus hit it was ALWAYS going to claim the same number of lives over an extended period of time.

The flattening of the curve was absolutely going to save lives. It was about keeping the hospitals from being overwhelmed which in turn would end up with people dying that shouldn't.

I understand a senior group all went on a beach trip and now a high percentage have tested positive for COVID-19.
Can not imagine how many individuals 4 house fulls of recent graduates came into contact with before realizing they could be spreading the virus
With all of the warnings and social distancing I am surprised these parents would arrange to rent 4 houses for a large group to go together. I realize recent grads feel they can walk on water but somewhere in this parenting education should prevail

The riots are winding down so they have to reboot the virus. In mid-October, they are going to find the cop in Minneapolis not guilty and all hell will break loose. Make no mistake about it. It is all about the election.

Awww....poor kids had 3 months of their lives interrupted....personally go and get the virus. It’s just comical to me to listen to the whining about being inconvenienced. When I was coming along my folks actually acted like parents and we had to listen....not so much anymore. It’s a travesty if poor little Johnnie or Susie are Inconvenienced or don’t get exactly what they want these days

What you say definitely makes sense in today's society. Take care of yourself, I'm worrying about me. This country has definitely become it's all about me.
It should make sense in any society at any time. The idea that other people should have to protect me from my self is asinine. It is not up to the rest of the world to protect me if I am capable of doing it for myself and choose not to. If you can't grasp that concept or disagree with it there is something inherently wrong with you.

Are we supposed to never get sick again? Is that the goal here? Im curious why we are panicking over cases?

I don't remember them ever saying people weren't going to get sick. I thought the main concern was death and the death rate? Millions are not going to die, right?

If we are strictly talking data and facts, I think people under the age of 50 have a better survival rate than car accidents. If you're 50-65 I think you have almost a half a percent chance of dying. Over 65 you might want to chill...if you have underlying health conditions or are 300lbs and under 6'.

It's like we are freaking out because people are "sick". That's never going away. "Cases" are here to stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2013 and stuk1
Sounds like your niece and her parents are handling it fine. What’s the problem?
Their lives are disrupted. People had to move out of their house. She has brought the threat of a serious illness into her home and to her family, along with all its attendant stress.

And multiply this by dozens from one incident.

Reactions: CU91ENGR

Fair enough. Flatting the curve only saves lives if the hospitals are overrun like Italy or NYC

You are right, otherwise the if you let it play out, the same will die. Other only caveat is you can hold it down until a vaccine is introduced

The flattening of the curve was absolutely going to save lives. It was about keeping the hospitals from being overwhelmed which in turn would end up with people dying that shouldn't.

IN TERMS OF COVID, the model was not saving lives. The same number of people below the curve were going to die it just extended the amount of time as to which those lives were lost.

That is not even debatable.

Fair enough. Flatting the curve only saves lives if the hospitals are overrun like Italy or NYC

You are right, otherwise the if you let it play out, the same will die. Other only caveat is you can hold it down until a vaccine is introduced

Yes, if a vaccine is introduced that model is thrown out the window and no longer useful.

It also buys time for potential treatment. The entitled can’t factor the greater good in their actions and appear to be intentionally ignorant of what this virus can do.

Which are what? I'd like to hear the latest numbers you are basing your arguments on.

ADVERTISEMENT