ADVERTISEMENT

Should we ban Muslims from coming to the US???

jmed99

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2002
I'm a republican but wouldn't vote for Trump. With that said, I don't think I have a problem with banning Muslims from coming to the US until we have a better way to vet them like Trump said. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: SEHTiger
I think banning a whole population is never the right answer, but that's just me. Also imagine the small portion of their population that already hates us, think what they would want to do if we are banning a whole population from coming to our country.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I'm a republican but wouldn't vote for Trump. With that said, I don't think I have a problem with banning Muslims from coming to the US. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?
Unconstitutional and immoral. Against the most very basic principles of America. As a republican, apparently sharing the party with people who believe this stuff that smacks of Hitler to me makes me want to crawl under a rock and never vote again.

How is it unconstitutional to ban someone from another country from coming here? They don't have constitutional rights. Not talking about US citizens.

Reactions: alex24 and FreeSC
I'm a republican but wouldn't vote for Trump. With that said, I don't think I have a problem with banning Muslims from coming to the US. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?
Anyone who votes for Trump or who doesn't understand why you can't ban Muslims just because they are a Muslim, doesn't deserve a vote. This fool is playing right into ISIS's hands and fulfilling the narrative they want to recruit to.

You can not refuse a race or religion from coming to the US. That is against all the principles that this country were founded upon. I do have concerns but not allowing a race or religion in this country is just not possible nor anything that needs to be done. I lean Republican but my views do not always line up on that side of the aisle 100% of the time.

Do we round up the ones living here now and send em off or just give the newbs trying to visit or move here the middle finger?

Either way, discriminating unilaterally against an entire religion may be unconstitutional, but I may need to check.

I do think the ones living here already, even if they have pledged allegiance to ISIS, should maintain their rights to buy an AR though. Some rights aren't negotiable. God given if you will.

Another thing is that a bunch of Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and others are helping us in the war against ISIS. They are full of Muslims but they are helping us to some degree.

Muslim is not a country last time I checked

Correct, Muslim isn't a country but banning Muslims from outside the US that are not US citizens from coming to the US is NOT unconstitutional.

I do agree it isn't practical though.

Ask France, they tried to let everyone in their country (u know that liberal kumbaya everything and everyone is wonderful). It hasn't worked out very well. They are bankrupt, it is estimated that in 10 years the French will be totally out numbered in their own country. Their way of like will be gone. Obama and his ilk wants this for America. We need to wake up before it is to late, but I am afraid we want.

Correct, Muslim isn't a country but banning Muslims from outside the US that are not US citizens from coming to the US is NOT unconstitutional.

First amendment to the bill of rights:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A law stating that people of a specific religion can't come here but anyone else can seems to this non-lawyer to be pretty obviously unconstitutional.

agreed. its what is so damn frustrating about politics in general. our whole foreign policy is reactive and defensive in nature. feels like were spending billions to swat at flies

Reactions: jmed99
First amendment to the bill of rights:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A law stating that people of a specific religion can't come here but anyone else can seems to this non-lawyer to be pretty obviously unconstitutional.

The 1st amendment applies to non US citizens outside the US?????

You do realize he said we should stop allowing them in this country until we could figure out how to best vet all of them first. Geez, talking about hearing what you want to hear. Liberals would gladly allow more refugees in this country even if it meant more dead AMERICANS. This is just plain common sense that a lot of people except for Trump are scared to say.

Let the Muslim's and anybody else come into the country. Also, let us keep our guns, (protected by the same Constitution) to shoot any of them who threaten our lives.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
Anyone who votes for Trump or who doesn't understand why you can't ban Muslims just because they are a Muslim, doesn't deserve a vote. This fool is playing right into ISIS's hands and fulfilling the narrative they want to recruit to.

Hillary is a better option?

It applies to the laws of this country which is what we are talking about. Just because a law pertains to immigration and visas which involve non citizens doesn't exempt it from the constitution.

Reactions: DClemsonTiger
You do realize he said we should stop allowing them in this country until we could figure out how to best vet all of them first. Geez, talking about hearing what you want to hear. Liberals would gladly allow more refugees in this country even if it meant more dead AMERICANS. This is just plain common sense that a lot of people except for Trump are scared to say.

There are many things you and I allow in this country when it also means dead AMERICANS. You either under-value the life of a legitimate refugee or an over-inflate risk of a radicalized one.

Reactions: marshmk
Lets say we ban muslims from entering the country (impossible to do btw). but lets just nationalize an anti-islam agenda. My question is what kind of message does this send to the rest of the world? Does it not seem counter-productive to our goal of being at peace with muslims worldwide? does it not play directly into the hands of radicals' messages? Does it not go directly against our own american myth of freedom for all religions?

ADVERTISEMENT