ADVERTISEMENT

Should we ban Muslims from coming to the US???

are you a lawyer? are you a constitutional scholar? because you've demonstrated ITT that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The federal government cannot make a law or institute a rule that discriminates against ANY PEOPLE based on their religion. this is pretty settled stuff here.

Internment Camps settled it.

So you're saying this isn't a Muslim issue it's a Middle East issue?

No, I'm just not sure if it can be done any other way. For instance, a Mexican converts to Islam and is sympathetic to ISIS. He immigrates to the US. Is there anyway the US would know that? No. So its really not practical to ban a religion. But I'm inferring into Trumps thinking (a dangerous thing), that he will ban country of origin.

Ban all brown people unless they are married and have a awesome mustache in my opinion.

Also get Trump deportation strom troopers to deport all Browns without a great mustache including the ones on the terrible team from Cleveland.

No, I'm just not sure if it can be done any other way. For instance, a Mexican converts to Islam and is sympathetic to ISIS. He immigrates to the US. Is there anyway the US would know that? No. So its really not practical to ban a religion. But I'm inferring into Trumps thinking (a dangerous thing), that he will ban country of origin.

That's my problem with all of this. Banning people from a country is one thing and understandable in times of war as stated. Banning a religion is ludicrous. It can't be done.

it doesnt even require the nomination. the damage may be done already. he has galvanized democrats and moderates all over the country. Dont forget, he is still the leading candidate. people think this is the what the R party stands for. Every day he stays in the race, it gets harder and harder for a republican to win in 2016, and our country as a whole loses.
Sadly, I am afraid you are right.

Reactions: iceheart08
Can anyone in this thread HONESTLY say they are completely at ease when Muslims are close by??

I know I can't...

that makes you a bigotted idiot. i literally have dozens of muslim friends, who I, of course, feel extremely comfortbale around. as does most of the US military, and US senate and house, where muslims work and dedicate their lives to this country. same with local, county, and state governments all over the country, and most major police forces. Also, employees at almost every single fortune 500 company in the US, like google, yahoo, apple, and nike.

I'm a republican but wouldn't vote for Trump. With that said, I don't think I have a problem with banning Muslims from coming to the US. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?

well the isis commander said they would come into the united states and blow shit up.

how do we stop that from happening?

im sure everyone waches the isis videos.

they tell you exactly what thy are going to do.

just,like bin laden said h was going to take down the towers.

just watch the videos- then decide your action.

I'm a republican but wouldn't vote for Trump. With that said, I don't think I have a problem with banning Muslims from coming to the US. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?

Not only "no" but "HELL NO!" Do you think we should ban Christians because some wacko right wing Christians shoot up Planned Parenthood? The fact that Donald Trump is getting any traction in this race, that we allow him a platform for his carnival barker act is an embarrassment and demonstrates just how screwed up the political right has become.

its funny to see ignorant naive people like you make claims about what the constitution does and does not allow."

you literally have no idea what you are talking about. none whatsoever. donald trump didnt say he wants to prevent syrians from entering our country, he said muslims. you equivocating illustrates how ****ing ignorant, naive, and dangerous, the clown is.

Its funny that you read so much into things. My only point was not, Is Trump right or wrong? That's a moral stand point. My only point is that the Constitution does not layout immigration policy. So for people saying it is unconstitutional is incorrect. Immigration in itself is not a right. If Bobo from Uganda wants to move to the United States, it is not a right, he is not protected by the United States Constitution. Congress can ban all people named Bobo from Uganda from entering the United States. There is no protection of religion from people living outside the United States to move to the United States. None whatsoever. So if the United States says we don't want any people practicing voodoo from coming to the United States. They can put a ban against that. Voodoo guy in Jamaica will just have to cry a river. Is it practical, no, can it be done, yes.

Reactions: jmed99
Change the word Muslim to Christian then ask yourself that same question. No one should be discriminated because of spiritual beliefs.
Christian's are not cutting people's heads off, that is Muslim's. Maybe we should ask the love one's who lost part of there family.

Here is one to contemplate. Ahmed wants to move to the United State from Saudia Arabia. Ahmed has 3 wives. Can he, and his wives move to US and become citizens? If Ahmed is told he cannot have his 3 wives in the United States, is that not violating Ahmed's religion?

Reactions: jmed99
Christian's are not cutting people's heads off, that is Muslim's. Maybe we should ask the love one's who lost part family

No, Christians shoot up schools, theaters, planned parenthood, etc. What everyone is talking about is a very slippery slope. What's to stop them from persecuting Christians next??
Also, I've lost loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. Doesn't make this right.

He was talking about stopping middle eastern immigrants briefly until we figure out how to screen them.

Thoughts?
Welp, we have started with Syrian Christians. Why not Muslims? How about them damn Indians? If they ain't running a hotel or a 7-11 they are operating on me for rotator cuff problems. I'm getting damn tired of it. Not to mention if we had started with Sikhs, we would be less one governor right now. And how about Cubans and Canadians? Hell, the Republican Party would be down at least two candidates. I say if you ain't 100% American, get the hell outa here. Don't get me started on the Orientals. You can't even get into a decent college because of them sum beeches.

im not going to sit here and explain constitutional jurisprudence and standards of review etc etc, but ill say, again, that you have literally no idea what you are talking about. congress cant ban all people named BOBO from entering the us for no reason. congress cant ban all people from a religion, regardless of the reason. that is a blatant and clear violation of a number of amendments to the US constitution. you have absolutely no understanding of how this works.

if you are interested, google it. but you making shit up based on what you think it says, isnt how this works. if voodoo is a religion, the US CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES create a law discriminating against people who are of the voodoo faith exclusively. i cant say this enough, you clearly have no idea how this works, or even what the constitution says and doesnt say.

i dont understand how you dont understand that the constitution applies to laws that we make, not just provide protection to individual american citizens.

He has to be trolling; no one can be that stupid. Either that or he doesn't understand that 'immigration policy' is executed by a set of laws.

And by he, i meant allorangec. I thought it quotes him too.

Reactions: iceheart08

Thoughts?
Japan does not allow Muslims to immigrate there for good reason. They feel it is a narrow religion that doesn't assimilate well.
I feel there are good Muslims but where is the outrage of these terrorist acts?
IMHO too much downside. Family could be extorted in Syria or radicalized here.

Reactions: BDAZED
Another thing is that a bunch of Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and others are helping us in the war against ISIS. They are full of Muslims but they are helping us to some degree.

Haha right! I lived in kuwait for 4 years. I can tell you, they don't give a rats ass about this. They had one suicide bomber back in June( coincidentally done by a Saudi). After that, business as usual. Their airport security is a joke as well as their "border patrol". Anyone who has ever been to Iraq/kuwait/Saudi can attest to that they have the laziest military in the world. At check points I used to flash my American drivers license and they would wave me by to gain access to certain areas (while drinking Chai with no boots on). Saudi And Kuwait are cut from the same cloth (all cousins) and really don't want to pissed off their relatives by getting involved.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
No, Christians shoot up schools, theaters, planned parenthood, etc. What everyone is talking about is a very slippery slope. What's to stop them from persecuting Christians next??
Also, I've lost loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. Doesn't make this right.
Who said, that the people who shot up the school, theaters and plan parenthood was a Christian. Did those people say in the Name of Jesus before they shot the people in those place's. Not every one who lives in the U.S is a Christian.True Islam is not a peaceful religion,the guy that just kill those people, had become stronger in his faith, according to his family. What do you think the Muslim said, before he or she started shooting

Reactions: Earle36
Who said, that the people who shot up the school, theaters and plan parenthood was a Christian. Did those people say in the Name of Jesus before they shot the people in those place's. Not every one who lives in the U.S is a Christian.True Islam is not a peaceful religion,the guy that just kill those people, had become stronger in his faith, according to his family. What do you think the Muslim said, before he or she started shooting
There are 2.1 billion Christians in the world and 1.3 billion people who follow Islam. Thinking all Muslim's are terrorists is the equivalent of saying all Christians are Mass Shooters or the Westboro Church. It's a convoluted view of things.

Sharia law is THE main issue with Islam. It is a political and personal conduct code that separates Islam from all other religions in the ability of its followers to be assimilated into western societies. It is the most anti-human feminist, anti-gay, and anti-human rights system on earth. Please be aware that not all Muslims follow Sharia but a majority do. Our ally Jordan is 71% in favor of Sharia law. With numbers like that in a supposed modern country who is an ally, we have a complex vetting problem.

A woman wearing a hijab and not being allowed to drive? That's Sharia. Marital rape and stoning of adulterers...sharia. Genital mulation of girls and child marriage...yep Sharia.
Gays being thrown off buildings = Sharia. This is not an unusual belief system among Muslims and I strongly believe any Muslim that follows or advocates for Sharia should be barred from citizenship in this country. If you can follow Islam and denounce it then welcome to our "melting pot".

Reactions: BDAZED
We have banned polygamist, paupers, people with mental troubles, the sick, Chinese and Arabs (word actually used) in the past.

Not sure about any one religion but I think halting from hot bed areas temporarily is a logical idea that has already been brought up in congress. Problem is people can convert from any nationality with social media so there is no magic bullet

Reactions: Earle36
lol @ all the people openly supporting fascism and xenophobia in this thread

Guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think the United States Government should take a stance saying it is publicly against the second largest religion in the world.
You think shits bad now, if that happened it'd really hit the fan.

We have banned polygamist, paupers, people with mental troubles, the sick, Chinese and Arabs (word actually used) in the past.

Not sure about any one religion but I think halting from hot bed areas temporarily is a logical idea that has already been brought up in congress. Problem is people can convert (radicalized) from any nationality with social media so there is no magic bullet

Ask France, they tried to let everyone in their country (u know that liberal kumbaya everything and everyone is wonderful). It hasn't worked out very well. They are bankrupt, it is estimated that in 10 years the French will be totally out numbered in their own country. Their way of like will be gone. Obama and his ilk wants this for America. We need to wake up before it is to late, but I am afraid we want.
This is real life?

No one on this thread has a clue about what will happen. We can't predict to future so this is retarded. What I do know that if Europe crumbles under the weight of Muslim immigration, the people in this thread will continue to call everyone racist, and make other excuses about why it happened as opposed to facing reality.

We should not ban Muslims, but we need to do a better job of vetting them, closer background checks for visas, etc.

I won't vote for Trump, but I won't vote for Hillary either. I'm just hoping Trump doesn't get the nomination. If he does, I'll sit this one out and that will be a first since I became of age to vote. I've always been able to find something good about somebody so that I could vote for them, but not Hillary or Trump. And I'm an independent and have voted for both parties for president.

And just because the OP says he won't vote for Trump does t mean he's gonna vote for Hillary. He'll likely have her and another option besides The Don

I'm proudly voting for The Donald. The only racist in this thread is Iceheart, racist against Chrisrians. Wonder if that fool had his sister killed in Paris, if he would still cheerlead bringing tons of Muslims into his country. They don't assimilate and have tons of kids, they are taking over West Europe. Not good, as that is our allies.

Thoughts?

Absolutely not!! We are a country built on immigrants. Your ancestors came to this country to get away from oppression and live the dream.

We must do a better job of screening them as they arrive. Many Muslims are peaceful, not terrorists. All this reminds me of what we did to Japanese immigrants before and during WW II.

Quit the hate mongering.

Wow, this thread has been on fire! lol! Not sure how, "I'm a Republican" got twisted into me voting for Hillary.

Banning Muslims isn't practical but I thought it would make for some interesting discussion here.

As I said, I'm no fan of Trump but if it was possible, banning Muslims, may not be a terrible idea until we figure out a good way to vet them better in an effort to avoid terrorist attacks, no?

Thoughts?
I think we should shut it all down for ever how long it takes to come up with a good system to vet all coming into this country without an American Passport. That's not criminal but prudent. The ass hats in DC have been so negligent and have been derelict in their duties that we have come to this point. We should never have let this horrible wave get near our shores.

Reactions: vatiger1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT