ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Palmetto State is running a hell of a deal.....

For the record I have researched this for 9+ years and own AR's with every barrel length and configuration imaginable. I have 300 blackout and AR10s in 308. My primary home defense weapon is a 5.56 with a 10.5 inch barrel with suppressor. Same thing the special forces uses. That should tell you all you need to know

I am a dealer for PSA and they are in big money trouble so they are liquidating products quickly. That's why they are having crazy deals. They WAY over stretched themselves in anticipation of Killary winning the election. It's either break even/lose a little to get back some cash. The manufacturers they sell for like Daniel Defense are about to drop the hammer on them for prices and you will see them go back up on pricing. But for now it's either sell out, go backrupt, or liquidate over stocked products. Or a combination of any othe above. That's from a higher up in the company. I hate to see any other firearms dealer start to sink. Also I'm. Or saying they are going out of business but they are definitely going through a rough patch as are other companies. It is definitely a buyers market for the foreseeable future.

That sir is a completely incorrect statement. I know that for a fact, PSA is not on the verge of bankruptcy.

Reactions: Ron Munson
That sir is a completely incorrect statement. I know that for a fact, PSA is not on the verge of bankruptcy.

Didn't say they were but I can guarantee they are hurting badly and if something didn't change, for example liquidating overstocked items, something not good would be the result.

That also comes from one of Jamin's close friends that has no reason to make that up. Or is also why dealers like myself received inventory sales with items selling at 10% of cost. I think bankruptcy would be down the list if it did come to that. A financial backer would step in first.

I work there. I am one of the executives in the company. I know the financial standing of the company. Did we have some inventory we needed to part with? Yes, so does most of the industry. This sale has nothing to do with that, I know that because I'm one of the ones that came up with it.

Not trying to get in an argument but I want to set the record straight as well. PSA is not hurting badly. I'm glad to see a Clemson man is one of our dealers.

PSA has more Clemson grads in the executive make up than most people would ever realize.

I work there. I am one of the executives in the company. I know the financial standing of the company. Did we have some inventory we needed to part with? Yes, so does most of the industry. This sale has nothing to do with that, I know that because I'm one of the ones that came up with it.

Not trying to get in an argument but I want to set the record straight as well. PSA is not hurting badly. I'm glad to see a Clemson man is one of our dealers.

PSA has more Clemson grads in the executive make up than most people would ever realize.

Hey man I hope that is the truth. What I said came from a good friend of Jamin and like I said he has no reason to make that up. I like PSA. I would never wish bad on any other dealer or manufacturer.

Also I've gotta give credit on the DDI purchase. I heard you guys were in talks with them about purchasing them last year but didn't put much stock into it.

Didn't say they were but I can guarantee they are hurting badly and if something didn't change, for example liquidating overstocked items, something not good would be the result.

Alot of gun companies and dealers are going to struggle under Trump and a conservative locked Supreme Court. They don't realize how good they had it under Obama and the potential for Hillary.

Hey man I hope that is the truth. What I said came from a good friend of Jamin and like I said he has no reason to make that up. I like PSA. I would never wish bad on any other dealer or manufacturer.

No worries. I know you are going off the information you were given. Anything can happen but right now PSA is fine, just adjusting for the new industry normal.

Reactions: clemsonfn8
Alot of gun companies and dealers are going to struggle under Trump and a conservative locked Supreme Court. They don't realize how good they had it under Obama and the potential for Hillary.

This is already a fact for most dealers. We have to change what we do and how me market for a few years.

Yup the prices are going to stay rock bottom. Like others have stated, the industry "prepped the battlefield" for a Clinton win and now has stockpiles of inventory to sell off. The Trump win will hurt more than any other Demwit win.

At least you will feel better now that you got in that quick jab at Christians.
Hope you haven't injured yourself the over last few weeks torching cars and breaking windows. Do they offer health insurance coverage as well for that or do they just pay cash? I've always been curious about that.
Cash but I came out unscathed. Thanks for the concern, you have a beautiful soul.

What's the chances you guys would start putting your sale announcements on Twitter? One of your store employees was telling me about sales you've had in the past and I must have missed them because they were announced on Facebook. I think Facebook is absolute garbage and I refuse to get on there but I've got my eye on a SB3 or SB2 and I'm hoping for a sale or coupon.

Reactions: SpillerTime
If Trump replaces Kennedy, Ginsburg, or Breyer on the Supreme Court, it won't be good for the gun industry....long term yes, but we won't see what we have seen the last 8 years in our lifetime.

Kind of ironic.

Election year we will see a rise depending on (like you said) who/if gets appointed to new seats. Gun industry is down as a dealer but it was the best thing for the 2nd Amendment. I'll weather it. The people I feel bad for are guys who have a large overhead and employees. I'm a one man show basically so I am lucky in that respect. Sadly in the next couple of years a lot of smaller (and some larger) stores will start to go out of business unless they can find out how to adjust to the new market.

I spent at least $75,000 and close to 10,000 man hours prepping for the Obama doomsday...then nothing happening. Now I have 30 years of dehydrated food, 100,000 rounds of ammo and a bunker in my backyard that are usless.

Chelsea Clinton is coming. Hold on to that gold you have stored in the bunker!

What's the chances you guys would start putting your sale announcements on Twitter? One of your store employees was telling me about sales you've had in the past and I must have missed them because they were announced on Facebook. I think Facebook is absolute garbage and I refuse to get on there but I've got my eye on a SB3 or SB2 and I'm hoping for a sale or coupon.

Subscribe to their email flyer. You will get one a day if not 3 a day

Reactions: coldbud1994
Is that the "PSA 16" FREEDOM RIFLE"? That's a beaut right there, I'll tell you what.

Is that pretty good for hunting and if so, what animals would be best to target? I'm trying to be as much of a man as possible and I figure spending hours in the woods in a tree stand with piss smeared on me (not my own) in the hopes of murdering defenseless animals might help.

On another note, how well would that do at murdering as many people as possible in a relatively short timeframe? Asking for a domestic terrorist.

You post your garbage with a freedom of speech paid for in blood by men who bravely carried such rifles for others, and many died doing so. Your freedom to be a condescending, sarcastic, judgmental piece of crap about other members' faith was attained the same way. It is a price I doubt you have paid or contributed to, and you seem to detest the very things that make it possible.

You joke about being a real man but that is something I doubt you will ever understand or be... Because, even if you were to learn to provide your own food or protect your own family, you still wouldn't be a man because real men don't ridicule people for their faith or belief systems. Only juvenile, jealous, selfish, miserable people do that.

Troll or not.. worst series of posts I have seen in a while.

Last edited:

I'll look into the twitter suggestion, not something we have tried before. As far as the SBE3 goes we have them but I doubt you will see a sale on them this year. We have the SBE II in Bottomland and Optifade Timber on sale right now for $1399.99, these are the comfort tech models. The SBE3 is an incredible gun. It has low recoil, actually tested lower than the A400 and A5. For an inertia gun to have less recoil than a gas gun is unheard of and quite the accomplishment.

Reactions: BDAZED
All month. It just was a bigger hit than we first anticipated. The stores all have big shipments headed their way this week.
Do you think next week the supply will meet the demand? These shipments are coming in and then 10 minutes later gone. This is kind of some week arse Black Friday crap.

Also, is it one per customer? I hope so

I'll look into the twitter suggestion, not something we have tried before. As far as the SBE3 goes we have them but I doubt you will see a sale on them this year. We have the SBE II in Bottomland and Optifade Timber on sale right now for $1399.99, these are the comfort tech models. The SBE3 is an incredible gun. It has low recoil, actually tested lower than the A400 and A5. For an inertia gun to have less recoil than a gas gun is unheard of and quite the accomplishment.
I was holding a 28" SB2 in Bottomland at your Greenville store today and a sale wasn't mentioned. I would go buy it tomorrow if it's $1399. Let me know.

Do you think next week the supply will meet the demand? These shipments are coming in and then 10 minutes later gone. This is kind of some week arse Black Friday crap.

Also, is it one per customer? I hope so

I hope. I can tell you we sold in 3 days what we had hoped we would in 10. I've got a bunch coming to each store and we will keep them coming as fast as we can. The shipments coming in aren't small, it's just the demand was way beyond what we anticipated.

We haven't limited it yet but I have only seen about 5 sales that had more than one combo go out in it. If it gets out of hand we will put limits on it but so far it hasn't been an issue.

I hope. I can tell you we sold in 3 days what we had hoped we would in 10. I've got a bunch coming to each store and we will keep them coming as fast as we can. The shipments coming in aren't small, it's just the demand was way beyond what we anticipated.

We haven't limited it yet but I have only seen about 5 sales that had more than one combo go out in it. If it gets out of hand we will put limits on it but so far it hasn't been an issue.
Off topic but I bought a Colt slide for my PSA 1911 build yesterday.

71DBB455-8B71-424B-BDA2-FB742ACEDCDF_zpsg2vczxst.jpg

I was holding a 28" SB2 in Bottomland at your Greenville store today and a sale wasn't mentioned. I would go buy it tomorrow if it's $1399. Let me know.

They are 1399.99. I'm sorry they didn't tell you that when you were there today. I'll contact the store manager in the morning to remind him.

Nice. Also, can you not let people go into the store and still purchase the guns when they are out of stock? Most people probably wouldn't mind waiting a week or two just as long as they can reserve them.

A bird in the hand man...I just know I saw a lot of ppl ask for the deal and walk straight out without even looking at anything else.

Looks good. I really like being able to build your own 1911. It is a fun build.
I bought 2 frames about 2 years ago. SN 485 and 486. Just have not had much time to fvck with them. I just decided to get one together. I seem to find other things to fvck with like setting up the perfect carry revolver (SW model 66 3in) or I got a wild hair before Christmas to buy a Springfield M1A. I work on all my own guns as well as reload so I'm always doing something.

Reactions: nmerritt11
Not to comp
Yep.

Military switched to .223 (5.56) for a number of reasons but among them 1) It's lighter and 2) It's not good war strategy to "kill" the enemy, per say, it can be much more taxing on the enemy to injure. Not a round that's good for self/home defense, at all, but a rifle generally isn't designed for such.

Can you elaborate more on the small caliber bullet choice? I get the weight, but since the whole purpose of a combat rifle is to kill the enemy, I'm kinda lost as to why they'd chose such a small one. Is it to fire faster?

I find this type of discussion more interesting as a non-gun-person than you guys gigging each other over the 2nd amendment ;)

Reactions: clemsonu0219
Not to comp

Can you elaborate more on the small caliber bullet choice? I get the weight, but since the whole purpose of a combat rifle is to kill the enemy, I'm kinda lost as to why they'd chose such a small one. Is it to fire faster?

I find this type of discussion more interesting as a non-gun-person than you guys gigging each other over the 2nd amendment ;)

Sure man! Disclaimer: I am no expert. Most of this stuff is just gathered from reading/speaking to folks with experience so there will certainly be pieces of this that can be better explained by others...

The basic premise is that you don't place nearly as much of a logistical burden on the enemy when you kill as opposed to injure. For example, injuries require immediate battle medical attention, transportation, long term care, etc etc. Death doesn't.

I've read a decent amount on the subject and you're not likely to find any "official" sources stating the above (you can imagine why) so some of it is just based on word of mouth and theory I'm sure re: the injury deal. I will also say that I'm not 100% sure it serves the soldier well (compared to .308/7.62x51) but hell what do I know in that regard...

The 5.56 also fragments better than 7.62x51 so it could, certainly, do more long term damage but we've also come a long way in ammo development since we switched so who knows how that's affected the whole deal.

The 5.56 has significantly less recoil so that was surely a factor. Means more rounds placed down range. So combine the ability to carry more with shooting more and you've got more bullets towards the enemy which increases the probability of hitting the target.

In other words, if a frontline soldier can get 4 5.56 rounds out for every 3 7.62's (being conservative here, that number is probably higher) you've just upped your probability by a large margin.

Reactions: scott in nashville
I carry a Colt Defender in 9mm or a S&W Model 66 but am considering changing over to a S&W M&P9c.
I like the Shield mainly because of the external safety. I own a Glock also, but I'm hesitant to keep a shell in the pipe when it's in my truck and I'm not carrying it.

Sure man! Disclaimer: I am no expert. Most of this stuff is just gathered from reading/speaking to folks with experience so there will certainly be pieces of this that can be better explained by others...

The basic premise is that you don't place nearly as much of a logistical burden on the enemy when you kill as opposed to injure. For example, injuries require immediate battle medical attention, transportation, long term care, etc etc. Death doesn't.

I've read a decent amount on the subject and you're not likely to find any "official" sources stating the above (you can imagine why) so some of it is just based on word of mouth and theory I'm sure re: the injury deal. I will also say that I'm not 100% sure it serves the soldier well (compared to .308/7.62x51) but hell what do I know in that regard...

The 5.56 also fragments better than 7.62x51 so it could, certainly, do more long term damage but we've also come a long way in ammo development since we switched so who knows how that's affected the whole deal.

The 5.56 has significantly less recoil so that was surely a factor. Means more rounds placed down range. So combine the ability to carry more with shooting more and you've got more bullets towards the enemy which increases the probability of hitting the target.

In other words, if a frontline soldier can get 4 5.56 rounds out for every 3 7.62's (being conservative here, that number is probably higher) you've just upped your probability by a large margin.
This is just my amateur civilian mind thinking, but if I'm advancing on an enemy, I would much rather know that POS I just shot was dead and not injured with the ability to pop off another round at me. I understand the argument if you're in 2 standing locations in a fire fight without advancement, but opposing military forces, to me, are like cats... the only good ones are dead ones.

This is just my amateur civilian mind thinking, but if I'm advancing on an enemy, I would much rather know that POS I just shot was dead and not injured with the ability to pop off another round at me. I understand the argument if you're in 2 standing locations in a fire fight without advancement, but opposing military forces, to me, are like cats... the only good ones are dead ones.

100%, completely, totally agree. That's why I put the statement in about the avg soldier. All that said, I know I would like having the extra ammo so maybe there's some give/take.

To play devils advocate a bit...I can also see how it's much better on the soldier to not have to lug around a heavy ass 7.62 all day long either. Especially considering that the amount of time spent in battle, especially these days, is likely less.

Is that the "PSA 16" FREEDOM RIFLE"? That's a beaut right there, I'll tell you what.

Is that pretty good for hunting and if so, what animals would be best to target? I'm trying to be as much of a man as possible and I figure spending hours in the woods in a tree stand with piss smeared on me (not my own) in the hopes of murdering defenseless animals might help.

On another note, how well would that do at murdering as many people as possible in a relatively short timeframe? Asking for a domestic terrorist.
You can just by pass the mens section and buy your skirt in the ladies department

Last edited:
Reactions: Flat Rock`s Finest
For the record I have researched this for 9+ years and own AR's with every barrel length and configuration imaginable. I have 300 blackout and AR10s in 308. My primary home defense weapon is a 5.56 with a 10.5 inch barrel with suppressor. Same thing the special forces uses. That should tell you all you need to know

I agree with a lot that you have posted here, but if someone is in my house, I want a shotgun. Rifles are aimed and shotguns are pointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT