ADVERTISEMENT

Sick and Disgusting

I think Trump had made good on lots he promised. Are you more on the left or the right as to the direction you want for this country? I understand that some don't like Trump personally.... but we had 2 candidates to choose from. I support a conservative platform so there was only 1 choice for me.
Major part of the problem, if you ask me. We desperately need a viable third party!

The sorts who would start a thread like this know what they're voting for??? I'm not clueless about a damn thing. I voted for Trump because I support the direction he wanted to take this country. I couldn't take another 4 years of the left trying to impose thier will on everyone and stuff their progressive agenda down my throat. I'll tell you another thing I know. I know you can't have a different opinion on this board without "certain posters" ( as you said ) insulting you. Have a good day, Mr. FLaw47.

First of all, I'm not sure where I insulted you. You didn't talk about policy at all in your response, either. What's the "Progressive Agenda" that was getting shoved down everyone's throat, exactly? I know that the Affordable Care Act became quite a boogieman but I'd be pleasantly surprised if you could tell me why. What I've heard the most is that it's too expensive. First of all, it wasn't and second of all what do you think makes it expensive? I'd wager the 10 essential benefits were the largest driver and if you can point to one of those 10 benefits and tell me that they shouldn't be covered by insurance I'll be happy to listen.

Trump's own policies don't seem to be well understood, either. The only significant legislation that's been passed was the tax cut. Trump assured us that it would be a middle class tax cut (the implication being that they'd be the biggest benefactor), that'd it'd be revenue neutral, and that he'd lose a fortune on it. None of that was true. He went out at pimped a drug price reduction plan and the plan was basically.....put the costs on commercials?

My very strong suspicion is that you're much more moved by the values you perceive Trump to represent and by the values you perceive the "coast elites" or whatever to represent. If you or any other hardliner wants to have a meaningful policy discussion with me on something I'll be happy to engage and concede my point.

As an example, my mother holds mostly liberal policy positions (more taxes, single payer heathcare, pro abortion, wishes all guns were gone, etc etc) but thinks that poor people have it too easy. She will never vote for a Democrat and I can only figure it's because it's pounded into her brain that Democrats are "bad", regardless of her measurable positions.

The sorts who would start a thread like this know what they're voting for??? I'm not clueless about a damn thing. I voted for Trump because I support the direction he wanted to take this country. I couldn't take another 4 years of the left trying to impose thier will on everyone and stuff their progressive agenda down my throat. I'll tell you another thing I know. I know you can't have a different opinion on this board without "certain posters" ( as you said ) insulting you. Have a good day, Mr. FLaw47.
You didn’t answer his question.

ADVERTISEMENT