ADVERTISEMENT

So South Carolina players wants to rename

scartiger

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2010
The Strom Thurmond building on campus. Marcus Lattimore, Mike Davis, and Alshon Jeffery are some of the players backing this.

Ole Strom did have some staying power. Lived to be 100 was in Senate for 46 years married several times (second wife was 44 years younger) had 5 children and by all accounts was a world class Capital Hill sexual harrasser.

Ole Strom did have some staying power. Lived to be 100 was in Senate for 46 years married several times (second wife was 44 years younger) had 5 children and by all accounts was a world class Capital Hill sexual harrasser.

so is longevity and consistency a positive or negative trait?

Can you provide any back up whatsoever for your allegation of sexual harassment ? From a legitimate source.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
I'm down with that. The one time my wife and I met Strom he leaned down and kissed my wife on the mouth. Strom was an ardent segregationist in his day, but I think he mellowed towards the end. My dad was the same way. I'm willing to give him a pass. But, his "Dixiecrat" days were bad.

I couldn’t care less about Strom Thurmond, but why does Robert Byrd get the benefit of the doubt by the left? Why is it ok to do things like call black people Predators who need to be taken off the street(Biden, the Clinton’s), wear blackface(too many to name), be a grand wizard in the KKK(Byrd), ect, but it’s all good because you have a D next to your name and BLM gets in line so everyone shuts up about it. It’s truly unreal.

Some of you guys should just stop. I mean, bringing facts and true statements to this thread is madness....madness I tell you!

I met Strom and Fritz when I was high school. He tried to help me get into Annapolis. I messed that up by waiting late. I think he did change at the end. But, his early political days will haunt his legacy.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
The roman empire and the Egyptians heavily used slaves. We should tear down the pyramids and all the monuments and statues and rename anything steming from their culture.

The royal family in the UK are all the decendants of key figures in the slave trade. Need to cut ties with them. All of their family names and wealth can be traced back to slave trading herritage.

Am I doing it right?

I'm down with that. The one time my wife and I met Strom he leaned down and kissed my wife on the mouth. Strom was an ardent segregationist in his day, but I think he mellowed towards the end. My dad was the same way. I'm willing to give him a pass. But, his "Dixiecrat" days were bad.
He was a politician and did what he had to to stay in power. He was a master of pleasing other black politicians with pork barrel spending so that they would get the message out that Strom was reformed. He said sometime in the 90s that blacks were just servants in the Dixiecrat days so they didn’t deserve to be treated any differently. Since then, he realized he was wrong about that. I am paraphrasing but that is the basic quote.

It’s “WOKE TIME FOLKS”.....history never happened if you erase everything from it.....to hell with Strom....I’m pissed they getting rid of my all time favorite pancake syrup....now that is going to far!!

Speaking of dog shit Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton come to mind.

Just so we make this equitable in terms of how we go about wiping this slate clean. Also MLK was anti homosexual.

So lets be real clear here. Do you really want to do down this path.

You're right. But this isn't about anything equitable. That was signed into law by LBJ. How did those trillions help? This, unfortunately, isn't about money. Until both sides have their say, nothing of true importance will hold water. Citizens of this country has watched the Government build multi family homes and throw money at a problem that, apparently, has no answer. At least until there are parties that can HEAR what's being said. Money isn't the answer. I wouldn't let my family live in that shit housing that some folks made a fortune building cheap shit and pocketing the money.

Until the police Unions are gutted and skinned like a catfish or a squirrel, everyone can forget real change of bad cops. THAT is the police problem.

I couldn’t care less about Strom Thurmond, but why does Robert Byrd get the benefit of the doubt by the left? Why is it ok to do things like call black people Predators who need to be taken off the street(Biden, the Clinton’s), wear blackface(too many to name), be a grand wizard in the KKK(Byrd), ect, but it’s all good because you have a D next to your name and BLM gets in line so everyone shuts up about it. It’s truly unreal.

This is one of many reasons why Trump is going to win in November. The silent majority is a real thing and will speak in November.

U of SC’s fitness center is one of the limited things that I was jealous they had compared to Clemson.

The roman empire and the Egyptians heavily used slaves. We should tear down the pyramids and all the monuments and statues and rename anything steming from their culture.

The royal family in the UK are all the decendants of key figures in the slave trade. Need to cut ties with them. All of their family names and wealth can be traced back to slave trading herritage.

Am I doing it right?
Muslims still heavily involved in the slave trade today, many Africans still selling family off as slaves over in the motherland.

Muslims still heavily involved in the slave trade today, many Africans still selling family off as slaves over in the motherland.

that is so true.

the pyramids should come down. that's literally the first monuments to slavery.

seems like they would focus on places where slavery is still legal and slaves still stolen.

they just want to destroy the American flag, the united states constitution, and the declaration of independence.

and build a new system. that's their plan

Think about it this way....If Strom had his way, Clemson would have never won any NCs. None. He’s not someone to be revered—not in my house. His record speaks for itself.

Reactions: TigerLion06
This is one of many reasons why Trump is going to win in November. The silent majority is a real thing and will speak in November.
The last election showed Hillary ahead in pretty much every poll leading up to the results. There are a lot of people that are silently really upset with ignoring our legal system and due process, the lawlessness of some of these inner cities where leaders refuse to speak the truth and correct it, and the calls for stupid things like defunding the police. It's very concerning what the Left is pursuing no matter where your allegiance lies. You must have law and order.

Everyone is afraid to say anything in public but their votes will be strong. Some of what the Dems are pitching and allowing to happen is just pure anarchy and it's gone too far. It's all politics. You have blinders on if you cannot see that. Yes, change is good. Changing without reasonable conversation and rule of law is idiocracy. Giving in to mob mentality does not illicit good change. It creates resentful change.

The votes will show it. That is how a republic operates. With votes and representatives. Not with violence and lawlessness. Rioting and complete disregard for laws is how you destroy the greatest republic the earth has ever seen. If you want something changed. VOTE.

Listen, if your side loses in an election or court ruling the response should NEVER be to break the law and scream and pout. Reasonable protest and legal routes for change? Sure.... But the country/court has spoken. If you have a problem with it then rally up some support for the next election but move on and don't sit in a bitter stalemate of anger and lawlessness. Try and change people with love and peace. It takes a little longer but it's by far the most effective way of promoting change that lasts.

The last election showed Hillary ahead in pretty much every poll leading up to the results. There are a lot of people that are silently really upset with ignoring our legal system and due process, the lawlessness of some of these inner cities where leaders refuse to speak the truth and correct it, and the calls for stupid things like defunding the police. It's very concerning what the Left is pursuing no matter where your allegiance lies. You must have law and order.

Everyone is afraid to say anything in public but their votes will be strong. Some of what the Dems are pitching and allowing to happen is just pure anarchy and it's gone too far. It's all politics. You have blinders on if you cannot see that. Yes, change is good. Changing without reasonable conversation and rule of law is idiocracy. Giving in to mob mentality does not illicit good change. It creates resentful change.

The votes will show it. That is how a republic operates. With votes and representatives. Not with violence and lawlessness. Rioting and complete disregard for laws is how you destroy the greatest republic the earth has ever seen. If you want something changed. VOTE.

Listen, if your side loses in an election or court ruling the response should NEVER be to break the law and scream and pout. Reasonable protest and legal routes for change? Sure.... But the country/court has spoken. If you have a problem with it then rally up some support for the next election but move on and don't sit in a bitter stalemate of anger and lawlessness. Try and change people with love and peace. It takes a little longer but it's by far the most effective way of promoting change that lasts.

I agree with you to a point. But the election in my opinion even if the Democrats win won't mean as much as you said. If Trump wins it doesn't mean people don't want change. Think about this for a second. If you all of a sudden think black lives matter and are willing to open your mind to the fact that there has been a difference in policing minorities, that doesn't mean you think the Democrats have a better idea. I know many Republicans who have been awakened by the videos and more important than the videos on some cases, the falsified police reports on minor stuff that cause people to do prison time. I know Republicans who are fed up with a ton of the information they've received in terms of civil rights. That DOES NOT mean they think the Democrats can do a better job. Trump can still win even with the shift in thought in civil rights. It's not necessarily a statement either way. Just my opinion.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, and I apologize if I am, didn't Trump encourage some sort of rioting or civil unrest if he had not won the election last cycle?

I can't believe how vehemently some are defending such a clearly bad human being. Even saw the erasing history post. No longer choosing to HONOR someone is not erasing history.

If Strom had his way some of you would lose a lot of relationships. I imagine some of you don't have those relationships to lose. I for one am glad the racists didn't win. I have some amazing relationships with white folks and can't imagine any other way or what my parents had to deal with compared to me. Some of you are sad. The totality of these people lives was spent hurting or dividing others.

And MLK compared to Strom? Wow. Because he was against homosexuality? How many homosexuals did he advocate murdering or limiting their basic human rights like many others did? MLK was also an adulterer. I've always said your total record will be reviewed. Not one thing you did unless it's heinous obviously. What's MLK's total record? I don't mind Strom or even some here not liking black folks but spending a lifetime trying to hurt them may come back to haunt you. I'm glad people no longer want to show honor to such people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT