ADVERTISEMENT

So the Lady Cocks basketball team dumps Trump

Dawn said they would not go, so they were not invited. Then there was a formal complaint that they were not invited. Got I think Tim Scott involved to request an invite

So they were invited by the WH and declined

Nothing but a political stunt

Last edited:
Dawn said they would not go, so they were not invited. Then there was a formal complaint that they were not invited. Got I think Tim Scott involved to request an invite because they complained that they were not invited.

If they done this then they're even more worthless than I thought.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...lina-gamecocks-decline-invitation-white-house

So do my conservative SC friends defend the Lady Cocks decision or turn against their national championship winning program? Do they go with the "we're just focusing on the season" line of BS or are they disgusted like they are with all of Colin Kaepernick's anti-American antics?
-Gamecocks
-Basketball
-Womens Basketball

There is no situation where I could care about this.

Visiting the White House and meeting the president should be a signature moment in most people's lives, to decline shows you have no clue how shitty life is. Enjoy coaching high school women's basketball with all 30 of the parents watching in the stands.

Dawn said they would not go, so they were not invited. Then there was a formal complaint that they were not invited. Got I think Tim Scott involved to request an invite

I remember one of the players was griping on Twitter (someone retweeted it - I think it may have been Aja Wilson but that's also the only women's player I can name) about how they hadn't gotten an invite to the WH yet. This was in the summer when Clemson went.

And now they don't get the invite, then gripe they weren't invited, then don't accept the invite?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Swag

200w.gif

Reactions: pecans
These socio-robots won't be calling the POTUS until they get caught shoplifting in a third world craphole. But then they'll whine like NBA-aspiring baby girls for help getting out of the royal mess their narcissism has gotten them into.

Their future is bright in the serving lines, or as paid Soros marchers.

WTF am I watching here? I mean I know, and yet it makes no sense at all.....

The one on the right looks somewhere between WTF and "I have somewhere else I really want to be". That looks like Weird Al Yankovic on the left (admittedly I'm seeing this as a really small picture with some strange shadows in there).

I think Wilkins is a better dancer myself:
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
These socio-robots won't be calling the POTUS until they get caught shoplifting in a third world craphole. But then they'll whine like NBA-aspiring baby girls for help getting out of the royal mess their narcissism has gotten them into.

If I'm the UCLA coach/pres/AD/whatever and they somehow get an invite, I would absolutely DARE them to turn it down.

Reactions: Florida Tiger
Since this is a social basketball thread what is your opinion with the UCLA saga... What is your opinion of the President stepping in this situation?

Just go ahead and say "black people", we all know you want to...

I agree MF123 100%...
I wish the last administration had been proactive for Otto Warmbier in the North Korean situation.

Somehow any general thoughts about the presidency always leads back to a dig at Obama from those who didn't like him. It's truly incredible. I wasn't even saying anything negative about trump but merely pointing out that that's what should have been done since the topic was about UCLA players and that's what I was responding to.
Btw the Obama administration did step in early and tried to get him back. Except Obama didn't have the luxury of meeting being invited to North Korea soon after Otto got arrested. NK and America's relationship aren't exactly amicable

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is a social basketball thread what is your opinion with the UCLA saga... What is your opinion of the President stepping in this situation?
Players were idiots for doing what they did. I'm fine with Trump stepping in but think it's embarrassing for him to beg for a thank you from the players. He is such an immature child.

My petty meter is overflowing

The only sport the visit actually matters for is Football, btw.

So many triggered snowflakes in this thread. 90% of the country are snowflakes but most of them don't even realize it.

Reactions: fcctiger12
They declined b/c their season has already started. Seems pretty reasonable to me. What am I missing here?

Sounds like (from what I read here) they were wanting an invite, just to turn it down.

Maybe the timelines went haywire on them in the midst and this is being made a bigger deal than it really is. I dunno.

I can understand not wanting to go during the season though.

Last edited:
I agree MF123 100%...
I wish the last administration had been proactive for Otto Warmbier in the North Korean situation.
The previous administration was active with Warmbier. Only problem is that it was NK not China. Previous administrations have been active in trying to get people out of such countries. There is still one young American in a Chinese prison - for something along the lines of being accused of being in a bar fight that the accused says is untrue. I wish the president would have worked harder on his case than the UCLA bb players' situation.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Round table post calling @Cris_Ard
Hey @BigTimeTiger I noticed you like this do this a lot. Are you the self appointed safety patrol of the board? Don't participate if you don't have interest in the subject. What about this stupid thread offended you? You participated in a Star Wars video game thread numerous times but that must be okay since it was sports related. Wait ....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT