ADVERTISEMENT

Someone explain like I'm 5. Re: canceling football season

Think it comes down to the liability if a player is shown to contract the virus from playing and then dies. I think Presidents cannot resolve this possibility in their rationalizing playing. Pretty irrelevant the low chance of this or that players sign something. You don't want a death on your watch.

Like someone else mentioned, sign waiver releasing liability. Just like people do when they parachute, bungee jump, parasail, etc. Releases liability and it falls back in the individual. Those that want to play, play. Those that don’t want to play, don’t.

issue solved. Next?

Thank you! This man gets it but I dont know why the rest of America doesn't. Over 99% survival rate and we ruined the strongest economy we have seen in decades. Americans have become the stupidest bunch of vaginas in the world.

The sad part is, so many DO get it, and are using it dishonestly for change... then the sheep follow.

Total bullshit. And if Obama was a still President you would be losing your freaking mind.

You’re insane. Like the rest of the left. Trump isn’t behind this. I’ve said it’s an overhyped political hoax from day one. I never drank the kool-aid. I’m amazed at how many stupid people we have in our great country. Open up America. All of it. No restrictions. Just like when the Left riots, loots, protests or wants to have a big funeral for George Floyd. Enough of the BS.

This is about the globalists wanting Trump out of office. And they will stop at nothing to steal this country. And the only way possible is to keep the economy shut down. But it’s not going to happen. Get ready for another 4 years. TRUMP2020.

Reactions: m_l_murphy
The sad part is, so many DO get it, and are using it dishonestly for change... then the sheep follow.
You’re insane. Like the rest of the left. Trump isn’t behind this. I’ve said it’s an overhyped political hoax from day one. I never drank the kool-aid. I’m amazed at how many stupid people we have in our great country. Open up America. All of it. No restrictions. Just like when the Left riots, loots, protests or wants to have a big funeral for George Floyd. Enough of the BS.

This is about the globalists wanting Trump out of office. And they will stop at nothing to steal this country. And the only way possible is to keep the economy shut down. But it’s not going to happen. Get ready for another 4 years. TRUMP2020.
Everybody but you and a few other sheep want trump out of office. He will be serving time before 2022.

How is this political? Why do you think it will go away on November 4? There is a pandemic whether you are a democrat or a republican. Why can't we do what is right for America rather than what is right for a political party?
COVID will still be around after Nov 4th. The political part of it is that if Biden wins the MSM will not cover COVID like they do now. It will not be all over the news!

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1

For the 500th time, I am not a liberal or even a Democrat. I’m a long time registered Republican that is disgusted by this President, particularly how he has handled the COVID-19 pandemic.

And one last thing, you have absolutely 200% drank the koolaid. It’s just Trump flavored. I’m not going to support a party that is run by Stephen Miller, Peter Navarro and the science deniers/conspiracy theorist and the QAnon nut jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: purenonsense
He had no measured response. No rational response. No compassionate response. No helpful response. No meaningful response. No thought out plan. No nothing. Just a bag of bullshit.

true

it goes back to the ol adage that reagan had

surround yourself with people smarter than you

problem was when he came to office- it appears his medical professions are not all that smart

he isnt a medical expert tracking viruses for the last 20 years

agree he handled badly.

but again, its his medical team sucks. his lega team sucked until he started replacing them.

the economic team he brought in has been outstanding

The way he handled and continues to handle this pandemic crisis is a very legitimate campaign issue, one that he continues to lose. Why would an oppositional party not exploit it ?

again true.

many in his party got skipped over during the power stacking process. egos are hurts.

and yes the democrats do exploit his behavior

why

thats all they got

his policies are sound

he needs to fix his immigration stand.

needs a new vision there

but everything else is going great

his behavior sucks

and his response to the riots have been weak.

What gave Democrats the opportunity was Trump appearing live on those daily press briefings acting like the village idiot. Everyone watching saw it , on a daily basis, for hours at a time. He had no measured response. No rational response. No compassionate response. No helpful response. No meaningful response. No thought out plan. No nothing. Just a bag of bullshit. His own party members were either laughing at him or disgusted with him. The way he handled and continues to handle this pandemic crisis is a very legitimate campaign issue, one that he continues to lose. Why would an oppositional party not exploit it ? Lock him up.

what do you mean “was” acting like the village idiot?

I dont think COVID is harmless if that is what you mean. I think it has killed people. 150k? Probably not.

however the agenda is purely political. Otherwise all of the other controllable killers out there would get the same attention. Smoking and lung cancer? Drunk driving?

there is no doubt that MSM is trying to leverage COVID to impact the election.
Allow me to address each of your statements above...

1. You said "I dont think COVID is harmless if that is what you mean. I think it has killed people. 150k? Probably not."

You are right. It probably hasnt killed 150k people. It has killed more. Just as the number of people who have been infected is many times more than is reported, the number of deaths is greater as well. Its not by the same factor, but both numbers are understated.

Look at the chart below...

20200809-120335.jpg

Pneumonia like symptoms are some of the leading symptoms that lead to death in COVID-19 patients. The chart above shows how many deaths in the U.S. this year have been attributed to patients who were diagnosed with pneumonia. Each year about 50k people die of pneumonia. To date that would be a little less than 30k. However, in the U.S. this year pneumonia deaths already exceed 147K. That means 117k more pneumonia deaths than normal. Only 60k of those excess pneumonia deaths have been attributed to COVID-19 as a result of a test. What accounts for the other almost 60k in excess pneumonia deaths? You don't think the majority of those are likely undiagnosed COVID-19 patients? This doesn't even cover other diagnosis which are up such as strokes and pulmonary embolisms from clotting which is a classic COViD-19 symptom.

2. You said, "however the agenda is purely political. Otherwise all of the other controllable killers out there would get the same attention. Smoking and lung cancer? Drunk driving? "

How many ads and promotions have you seen in your life to discourage smoking because it causes cancer? The ad dollars are in the billions. All along the way, there have been smokers and big tobacco companies who pushed back and said it was false and there was no proof. But the science eventually won out and those ads paid off and have saved thousands.

But it goes beyond the ads. We had numerous municipalities across America pass smoking ordinances to prevent smoking at indoor public places where others would be exposed to second hand smoke. Again, with great pushback from smoking advocates who said it was infringing on the smoker's rights. They seem silly and ignorant now, don't they?

Let's compare the impacts of second hand smoke to COVID-19. Per the CDC second hand smoke kills 41,000 people a year. COVID-19 has killed 160k people in the U.S. in just 5 months. Annualized that is 384,000 deaths. Yet people are claiming that actions taken to require masks indoors to protect others from asymptomatic carriers is unwarranted and a violation of people's civil liberties. How crazy is that?

As for drunk driving, it kills around 10,000 people a year. Again, compared to the 384,000 annualized deaths due to COVID-19 it seems like a drop in the bucket. But how many ad dollars and movements have their been to discourage drunk driving and how many organizations are devoted to stopping it?

So, to your point, the numbers for COVID more than support the response from the media and municiplaties and other organizations to take actions to try and limit it. It is many times more dangerous than your two examples.

3. You said, "there is no doubt that MSM is trying to leverage COVID to impact the election."

So, when 384k people suddenly die per year, due to an unexpected event, not to mention many times more chronic illnesses, it isn't a story that should be covered in the media if there is an election? What are the past events in our nation's history that led to the loss of almost 400k lives a year? How were they covered? Well, we don’t have any recent examples, so let’s look at the best we have to offer...

We lost 400k Americans during World War II spread over 4 years. That is 100k per year.

We lost 58K Americans during the Vietnam War spread over 14 years.

We lost 3k citizens on 9/11 and another 7k troops in Iraq and Afghanistan following that event.

My point is, given the loss of life of those major events above and the loss of life due to COVID-19, how can you say the coverage is disproportionate? That is insanity. We had elections over the course of those events highlighted above as well. Was media coverage of those events manufactured to influence elections? The sudden threat of loss of life to Americans is significantly higher from COVID-19 than all of those events combined.

Again, your points above are things I hear too many repeat. We have a crisis in this country that exceeds anything we have seen in 100 years. How is that not significant? How does that not require and enormous response from government, the media, and the public?

Reactions: mskoonce
true

problem was when he came to office- it appears his medical professions are not all that smart

agree he handled badly.

but again, its his medical team sucks. his lega team sucked until he started replacing them.

It doesn’t matter how smart your medical team is when you don’t listen to them and in fact publicly go against their recommendations.

Everybody but you and a few other sheep want trump out of office. He will be serving time before 2022.

1000000% wrong

If you think the looting (leading to ridiculous gun sales), canceling of certain sports, shutting down businesses, etc. doesn’t help him then I don’t know what you are looking at.

1000000% wrong

If you think the looting (leading to ridiculous gun sales), canceling of certain sports, shutting down businesses, etc. doesn’t help him then I don’t know what you are looking at.
Its not going to win an election for him. This is happening under his watch. He contributed to it, cant stop it, and only aggravates it. He is a major part of the problem , not the solution, no matter how hard his core sheep may cling, and he only makes things worse. A one trick pony, the show is over, and the curtain is coming down with no demands for an encore from the audience. In fact, many want their money back, but that is not going to happen since the carnival barker left with the gate receipts.

true

agree he handled badly.

The medical team is the same team that served previous presidential administrations well. His legal team is corrupt and his personal lawyers are serving time. His economic team is a total failure in this pandemic with poor preparations. Other than that, i guess he has a handle on things.

His legal team is corrupt and his personal lawyers are serving time.

thats not true.

#1. once trump fired certain fbi agents. the leaks have stopped.

#2 his legal team brought down epstein. would not have happened if clinton was president.

#3 his legal team has really stepped up arresting and deporting gang members.

#4 his legal team is working to piece together the corrupt russian probe.

just go to the fbi website and the ag site and read what all they have done. you would be surprise what CNN and MSNBC doestn cover

COVID will still be around after Nov 4th. The political part of it is that if Biden wins the MSM will not cover COVID like they do now. It will not be all over the news!
Totally disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT