ADVERTISEMENT

Stabbing Deaths in the U.S. 18,000 annually

Clemson Goat

Dec 11, 2004
The Valley
Stabbing deaths are a major public health issue in the United States, with an estimated 18,000 people dying from stabbing wounds annually. Stabbing deaths disproportionately affect young men and teenagers, with nearly half of all stabbing fatalities occurring among individuals aged 15-24. Although homicides are the primary cause of stabbing fatalities, there is also a significant number of suicides by stabbing each year as well. Legal intervention and prevention efforts have been employed to reduce the number of such violent deaths, but unfortunately they remain one of the leading causes of death among American youth. Factors such as poverty, substance abuse, access to weapons, mental health issues, and gang involvement can all contribute to increased risk for stab-related fatalities.

Stabbing deaths are a major public health issue in the United States, with an estimated 18,000 people dying from stabbing wounds annually. Stabbing deaths disproportionately affect young men and teenagers, with nearly half of all stabbing fatalities occurring among individuals aged 15-24. Although homicides are the primary cause of stabbing fatalities, there is also a significant number of suicides by stabbing each year as well. Legal intervention and prevention efforts have been employed to reduce the number of such violent deaths, but unfortunately they remain one of the leading causes of death among American youth. Factors such as poverty, substance abuse, access to weapons, mental health issues, and gang involvement can all contribute to increased risk for stab-related fatalities.
Wanna show your source? Looks like you're off by about 17,000 deaths, unless stabbing deaths have jumped that far in two years.

There were actually more in 2017 but you'd still be off by about 16,500 deaths.

Last edited:
LoL @Clemson Goat so you just get to make up the number of stabbing deaths without citing any source? Got it.

Listen, what works in y'all's lunatic echo chambers doesn't actually stand up to real world scrutiny.

I thought you were intelligent enough to look it up .... but what do I know. What I posted was a copy & paste.

I thought you were intelligent enough to look it up .... but what do I know. What I posted was a copy & paste.

Well that's not how this works. You made the claim so it's on you to provide the source. Fortunately someone else beat you to the punch with the actual figures that easily shut down your bullshit.

Reactions: dpic73
Well that's not how this works. You made the claim so it's on you to provide the source. Fortunately someone else beat you to the punch with the actual figures that easily shut down your bullshit.
[/QUOTE

Sounds like more Bullshit. Especially from a government website.

You're full of crap, but let's say that your BS was accurate. So what? Do you mean if we can't reduce knife deaths, we shouldn't do anything about curbing gun violence? What the hell kind of stupid is that? If we can't stop something completely, then do nothing? Jesus......smh

Reactions: dpic73
You're full of crap, but let's say that your BS was accurate. So what? Do you mean if we can't reduce knife deaths, we shouldn't do anything about curbing gun violence? What the hell kind of stupid is that? If we can't stop something completely, then do nothing? Jesus......smh

There's no excuse for ignorance. I am saying stabbing deaths ( not knife deaths ) stabbing death's is a death by a sharp object not just knives. Which includes suicide, accidentally, self-defense and so on . Just like there's a difference between gun deaths Vs firearm homicides.

One thing is for sure I don't believe anything coming from the government or CDC. All is the deep state who wants to control all. Open your eye's China is the big dog heading into the NWO.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerGrowls
Ahh, we’ll if worldpopulationreview.com says it’s true then we can take it to the bank
If you were intelligent, you would notice that I posted links to three different websites and you would look at all the data before shitposting. You could also prove me wrong if you wanted to, but strangely that's something you never seem able to do. You think you're doing the board a service by mocking everyone with a different opinion, without ever providing evidence to the contrary. Loser

There's no excuse for ignorance. I am saying stabbing deaths ( not knife deaths ) stabbing death's is a death by a sharp object not just knives. Which includes suicide, accidentally, self-defense and so on . Just like there's a difference between gun deaths Vs firearm homicides.

One thing is for sure I don't believe anything coming from the government or CDC. All is the deep state who wants to control all. Open your eye's China is the big dog heading into the NWO.
Then don't just say shit, prove it. The third link I used was for "stabbing" deaths. But another one showed knifes and sharp objects but you could also add blunt objects, personal weapons , explosives and fire and you'd still be far short of gun deaths. But I'll happily let you prove me wrong.

okclem, read the second sentence in your post above. I, as well as others here, are still waiting on your proof from one of your partisan post earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
The source website data seems reputable and has approximately the correct rate of 0.6 per 100k, but somewhere along the way it just did the math wrong when writing the blurb. It also shows the gun death rate at about 7 times the rate of knife related murder. Conversions can be tricky.

I'm having trouble coming up with your number with your own source.

I did a quick google search for the population of the US and came up with 336,000,000. That's probably pretty close, so let's go with that.

From your own source, the stabbing death rate in the US is 0.6 per 100,000 people. Great. Now lets scale that up using grade school math:

If we have .6 per 100,000 then multiply both by 10 to get 6 people per 1,000,000 right?

That yields 60 people per 10,000,000 by the same math. And 600 people per 100,000,000. Then we can multiply both by 3 to get 1800 per 300,000,000...

So 1800 per 300,000,000 people. Now we have another 36 million folks in the country. We know from the above math that we have 6 people per 1,000,000 then we can multiply by 36 to get an additional 216 people stabbed for the 36,000,000 folks.

By my math that's 1800+216 people or 2016 people last year for the whole US. Am I doing that wrong? Because your numbers seem off by a factor of 10.

I also looked up the violent death rate in the US for 2020 (the last year data is available) from the CDC and got 3168 (that's higher than your source, but it's also the Covid year). Your numbers appear WAY off.

Last edited:
The source website data seems reputable and has approximately the correct rate of 0.6 per 100k, but somewhere along the way it just did the math wrong when writing the blurb. It also shows the gun death rate at about 7 times the rate of knife related murder. Conversions can be tricky.

• Haha
I would like to point out the fact that even if his number is off by a factor of ten, that number would far exceed the number of deaths from "assault" rifles (however you want to define that). Yet, we still focus on this when even a reduction to zero deaths from assault rifles would be almost statistically meaningless compared to overall homicides, or even gun homicides.

I wonder how many instances of mass stabbings with fatalities occurred in the US school system over the last 10 years.
So you are implying that the primary factor in whether or not a life lost is important is where it occurred? If not, what exactly is your point?

• Haha
There is no need for double edged knifes. They are for combat. No one should ever have one of these for self defense. A leatherman or pair of scissors would be just fine for home defense.

Ban double edged knives NOW!

There is no need for double edged knifes. They are for combat. No one should ever have one of these for self defense. A leatherman or pair of scissors would be just fine for home defense.

Ban double edged knives NOW!
Holy shit what an amazing and definitely valid analogy.

From OPs own link:

"in 2019 there were almost 1,500 fatal stabbings across the country"
There are about 40K slip and fall deaths per year... OP should have gone with THAT.

We have to BAN those walkers with Tennis Balls on the bottom!!! That would have OWNED the libs like he was trying to do! Instead, he just owned himself through lack of reading comprehension.

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT