ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Union

Climate science is so clouded with fake news none of it is take seriously.
I don't know where you get your science, but that is not really how it works. Sure their are some studies that are poorly executed and sure their are some studies that are outright fraudulent, but unless you are going to attack the entire university research system and standards then your statement is unequivocally false.

scholar.google.com will easily pull up tens of thousands of well researched, peer reviewed studies.

My only take awaay from your post is that you still watch CNN. lmao.
What's wrong with that, Trump watches CNN

"[Trump] sometimes 'hate-watches' CNN to get worked up, especially Don Lemon," - New York Times

What's wrong with that, Trump watches CNN

"[Trump] sometimes 'hate-watches' CNN to get worked up, especially Don Lemon," - New York Times

Don't have to watch CNN. I see plenty of their clips in other sources. I generally stick to news aggregates and research forums that provide a smorgasbord of results. It's the only way I've found to see all sides of an event/situation in the most efficient way possible. As a result, it is easy to look backwards and discover which sites/sources, etc were trustworthy.

As for Trump, is it any wonder that he continually calls CNN out as "Fake" and even dangerous? It is apparent to me that they are the worst of an entire cabal of corporate news orgs that are basically nothing more than the propaganda wing of the DNC.

Don't have to watch CNN. I see plenty of their clips in other sources. I generally stick to news aggregates and research forums that provide a smorgasbord of results. It's the only way I've found to see all sides of an event/situation in the most efficient way possible. As a result, it is easy to look backwards and discover which sites/sources, etc were trustworthy.

As for Trump, is it any wonder that he continually calls CNN out as "Fake" and even dangerous? It is apparent to me that they are the worst of an entire cabal of corporate news orgs that are basically nothing more than the propaganda wing of the DNC.

giphy.gif

yet all you post is right wing conspiracy websites with no credibility at all.

I don't know where you get your science, but that is not really how it works. Sure their are some studies that are poorly executed and sure their are some studies that are outright fraudulent, but unless you are going to attack the entire university research system and standards then your statement is unequivocally false.

scholar.google.com will easily pull up tens of thousands of well researched, peer reviewed studies.

I have looked at plenty of the science. The issue is how media and people grossly over state what the science says. When a tornado happens or a hurricane it isn’t scientific to blindly add ... and climate change after any weather event.

the earth is vastly different today than it was in the beginning and so on. It is arrogant for humans to think they will prevent earth from mass extinction one day. The future is unknown and i have a hard time believing earth would be in perfect harmony with weather if it wasn’t for man.

Earth has been killing off massive amounts of life due to climate change long before humans and their cars.

giphy.gif

yet all you post is right wing conspiracy websites with no credibility at all.

No, YOU are laughing; because you are a left-wing nut job, who could care less about facts. SEE: Russia Hoax, Mueller Report, IG Report, etc. Your takes on these things are so devoid of facts, you make yourself out to be a fool, but don't even realize it!

I have looked at plenty of the science. The issue is how media and people grossly over state what the science says. When a tornado happens or a hurricane it isn’t scientific to blindly add ... and climate change after any weather event.

the earth is vastly different today than it was in the beginning and so on. It is arrogant for humans to think they will prevent earth from mass extinction one day. The future is unknown and i have a hard time believing earth would be in perfect harmony with weather if it wasn’t for man.

Earth has been killing off massive amounts of life due to climate change long before humans and their cars.
Nothing you said refutes any of the science

Wait you think CNN is more left leaning than MSNBC?

SEE: Russia Hoax, Mueller Report, IG Report, etc.
One day I hope we can have a beer. We can toast to our Tigers and the amazing age we live in. But while none of these political things are completely black or white. True or false. I think you know they are not all, completely hoaxes. Their is some amount of truth to Russia, to Mueller, and Impeachment.

Point is, you are a smart guy. But you are to deep in this thing. You have so much invested that you can't look inward anymore. You can't stop to ask yourself; am I really right about this?

You might be 100% right about all of it, but if you can't stop and wonder, maybe I didn't get this thing right, then you can't really ever know if you were right.

No, MSNBC is just as bad. It's not that there is anything patently wrong with delivering news from a left point of view, or a right point of view. The problem is, in my view, when journalist become activist and blatantly refuse to investigate events because it hurts their "cause". Most leftist news orgs are no different than the old communist, state controlled media in the USSR or even N.Korea.
The Wapo, which is obviously a left leaning org and anti-trump, did point out Adam Schiff's lie about his and his staff's dealings with the WB before the WB complaint was even filed. Gave him 4 Pinocchios. However, once the investigative hearings began, they refuse to hold him accountable and let him claim, without question, that he doesn't know the identity of the WB, no correction of the claim that the WB identity is protected by law, etc. There was no real questioning of the ICIG regarding why he changed the WB submission doc, to allow for hearsay and 2nd hand testimony; which had never been the case, previously. In the very first hearing, the kick-off, if you will, Schiff reads, what the casual observer would think is a transcript of Trump's phone conversation. It sounded like a script from The Godfather. Only later, 45 minutes into the proceedings, that a Repub on the committee called him out and he then stated that assumed viewers would instinctively know he was reading a "parody". Did the press push him to explain himself?
How many working people watched the beginning of those proceedings during lunch, only to miss his admission later.
I could go on and on, but some of my grandkids are coming for breakfast and my wife is giving that look that it is time to give her a hand in the kitchen.

Nothing you said refutes any of the science

None of the science justifies the ridiculous predictions that keep being made. You’d think factual science would produced correct predictions.

Luckily we have 7 years left to solve this mystery.

What particular part of climate science evidence helped you understand it’s a crisis?

What particular part of climate science evidence helped you understand it’s a crisis?
I am mostly concerned with measurables like Global temperature rise, warming oceans, shrinking ice sheets, glacial retreat, decreased snow cover, sea level rise, declining arctic sea ice, extreme storm events, and ocean acidification.

You know, stuff we can measure.

I am mostly concerned with measurables like Global temperature rise, warming oceans, shrinking ice sheets, glacial retreat, decreased snow cover, sea level rise, declining arctic sea ice, extreme storm events, and ocean acidification.

You know, stuff we can measure.
I agree that’s relevant to our survival. I just have trouble weighing how much of climate change is man maid vs naturally will occur.

The idea that we are going to prevent the end of the world is pretty crazy to me also. We can measure weather but predicting is still lacking. When scientist can start accurately forecasting I’ll pay attention to their models.

I agree that’s relevant to our survival. I just have trouble weighing how much of climate change is man maid vs naturally will occur.
Well, I doubt that it will matter soon anyway, since renewables are becoming increasingly cheaper than traditional fuels like coal and oil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT