ADVERTISEMENT

Statement just now from John Swofford ...

Yup. Trump can't correct ALL the bullshit from the previous admin.

I despise his blustery, jackass persona...but he has met most campaign promises that I was concerned about. He's done it extremely business like. MLK Jr's niece has been very positive about his policies. But you didn't see that reported front page, back page or any freaking page. Why?

I love reading nonsense like this. “Business like”. Truth is trump would not be able to act the way he acts and head a major corporation. He sure as shit would not last as head of a college football team. Can you imagine if Clemson lost to Sc in football and Dabo acted like trump in his post game press conference?

“I accept no responsibility at all.”

“We did n’t lose to SC, in fact I think we won. We did a phenomenal job. People keep telling me, nobody has ever done as good a job as I have done.”

“blame Tommy Bowden, he left me with such a mess to clean up.”

“ask tony Elliot, I don’t get briefed on the play calling.”

“We are pulling out of the ACC! They are the reason this bad thing has happened to us.”

GratefulFatherlyAsiantrumpetfish-max-1mb.gif

For those states hit hardest right now (SC, Georgia, Fla, Arizona, Texas, Cali, etc) we should probably be back in phase 1. But at a minimum:

1. Mandate masks in all public spaces and businesses indoors. And outdoors when distancing is not possible. Voluntary is not an option.
2. Close all bars and clubs.
3. Limit all gatherings, public and private, to not more than 10.
4. Heavy fines levied to people who violate any of the above.

We still dont have sufficient testing. People are waiting days for results and waiting in long lines again to get tests. People need a quick test and quick results so they can react accordingly and take measures to isolate if necessary. Healthcare workers still don't have sufficient PPE.

We are in a mess. Forget the stats. Just look at the hospitals.
So we fine protestors? Rioters? And if they refuse? How much leeway do you give police seeing the potential danger they(protestors) are placing the rest of us under?

Reactions: agantt
I love reading nonsense like this. “Business like”. Truth is trump would not be able to act the way he acts and head a major corporation. He sure as shit would not last as head of a college football team. Can you imagine if Clemson lost to Sc in football and Dabo acted like trump in his post game press conference?

“We did n’t lose to SC, in fact I think we won. We did a phenomenal job. People keep telling me, nobody has ever done as good a job as I have done.”

“We are pulling out of the ACC! They are the reason this bad thing has happened to us.”
Thread Winner

Reactions: TheTigersNest

Biden calling to defund the police, so I guess by your elementary comparison, Biden would want to seriously throw out the refs and umpires and genuinely think it’s a good idea(or maybe pander to some marxists and open anti semite fans).

In otherwords, I felt the need to make a statement that doesn't say anything so that people wouldn't think I wasn't saying anything....

Swofford is the gift that keeps on giving!!! His parting shot to the Conference! I DEFINITELY think he should put his son in charge of this important decision.

I have a situation for you all to ponder as you analyze how likely we will play football this fall. In Arizona, hospitals are overwhelmed and some have erected tents in parking lots to treat patients in 100+ degree weather. In Houston they are diverting ambulances from local hospitals on arival to other facilities because hospitals cant take patients. In Florida over 50 hospitals have now stated that they have no ICU beds available.

So, lets say you are playing a game or, heck, even are just at practice, and a player suffers a spleen injury or neck injury playing a violent game. If you are in one of these areas where the hospital system is overwhelmed, how can you guarantee that player or parent they will get the care they need? What do you tell that parent? "Ma'am, we are doing everything we can to get your son into a hospital, but at a minimum we will make sure he has access to one of the tents and is seen by the best intern available."

I dont see us playing if this situation continues to trend like it is. And I dont see any serious measures being taken to curtail it. I'd say conference only games is a best case scenario at this point. And I'm not confident that is likely.

Start naming the hospitals, please.

Two things:

1) Where they are today, doesn't mean that is where they will be in 2 months with current trends. Trends are not on our side. Also, another poster here told a very different story about their experience at Greenville.

2) It is not just about the situation in Clemson, SC. They will have to travel to play games. What will the situation at hospitals in Florida be like when we go to Tallahassee? What about when we go to Atlanta?

3) It's not just about Clemson University. We are in a league and in a division of football with other teams. What are the situations all of those other schools and communities are going to be facing? Do you think schools in Florida, Texas, Arizona, California are going to be in a position with their healthcare systems to play and host games? Right now it looks bleak. If all teams aren't participating do we have a season with half the teams in FBS power conferences participating?

Again, I think you all are being too short sighted and making decisions based on what is happening immediately around you. I want to see things improve and be able to have a season too. The pressure to play is going to be immense. But I am not short sighted to reality and there is a big reason to question whether it makes sense. Bottom line, of there is any hope at all it depends on people getting their act together and doing what they need to do to slow this.

I'm more concerned about safety of the fans from a city gone mad with violence and rioters in Atlanta. Virus would be the least of my concern. That dump is a powder keg.

Biden calling to defund the police, so I guess by your elementary comparison, Biden would want to seriously throw out the refs and umpires and genuinely think it’s a good idea(or maybe pander to some marxists and open anti semite fans).

Biden has never supported defunding the police. But it is adorable how quickly you mindless sheep believe just because trump tweeted it.

Biden has never supported defunding the police. But it is adorable how quickly you mindless sheep believe just because trump tweeted it.
Oh he wanted it, floated it, until internal pollsters discovered 80% of those surveyed were against it, then he backtracked.

Reactions: Orange&Purple
“The health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and administrators remains the ACC’s top priority. As we continue to work on the best possible path forward for the return of competition, we will do so in a way that appropriately coincides with our universities’ academic missions.

"Over the last few months, our conference has prepared numerous scenarios related to the fall athletics season. The league membership and our medical advisory group will make every effort to be as prepared as possible during these unprecedented times, and we anticipate a decision by our Board of Directors in late July.”

FROM THE TIGER FAN SHOP: Click HERE to check out all of our inventory, plus early summer DEALS on officially-licensed CLEMSON apparel!
mrixjq649t17edqbbpln

health is not the reason

mentally everyone is going to be fukked up

you act just like TRUMP

seems like you would love him :)

The Dems get elected the people on this board will be talking about just how miserable their lives are. Enjoy talking football now because if Biden wins, their will be no college football

The Dems get elected the people on this board will be talking about just how miserable their lives are. Enjoy talking football now because if Biden wins, their will be no college football

I wake up and choose to be happy, daily... I don’t care who is in what position. I also choose to call out BS on a daily basis when I see it. Don’t mistake the two, as many are this way.

I wake up and choose to be happy, daily... I don’t care who is in what position. I also choose to call out BS on a daily basis when I see it. Don’t mistake the two, as many are this way.

remember those conservative concentration camps that the right wing media told you Obama was building but apparently never got around to using? I heard that Biden has ordered them reopened. Many of you will be transferred there in January. Get ready.

remember those conservative concentration camps that the right wing media told you Obama was building but apparently never got around to using? I heard that Biden has ordered them reopened. Many of you will be transferred there in January. Get ready.

I’m going to show mercy on you, 11/4.

That’s true power.

i watched that latest joe biden speech

its back to a politician just telling you what you want to hear by having a great speech writer with all rosey words.

his delivery sucked and he looked like he was in a hospital gown holding on to one of those bag holders as he stood there at the podium

just soooo boring

he aint gonna make it

remember hilary passed out trying to keep up with trump\

biden might have a heart attack

For those states hit hardest right now (SC, Georgia, Fla, Arizona, Texas, Cali, etc) we should probably be back in phase 1. But at a minimum:

1. Mandate masks in all public spaces and businesses indoors. And outdoors when distancing is not possible. Voluntary is not an option.
2. Close all bars and clubs.
3. Limit all gatherings, public and private, to not more than 10.
4. Heavy fines levied to people who violate any of the above.

We still dont have sufficient testing. People are waiting days for results and waiting in long lines again to get tests. People need a quick test and quick results so they can react accordingly and take measures to isolate if necessary. Healthcare workers still don't have sufficient PPE.

We are in a mess. Forget the stats. Just look at the hospitals.

1. Mandate masks in all public spaces and businesses indoors. And outdoors when distancing is not possible. Voluntary is not an option. - I don’t know where to begin with this, but it’s not legal and unenforceable. Not to mention unconstitutional. Should people do it? Probably. But the question as to whether they will or not has already been answered.
2. Close all bars and clubs.- So end people’s livelihood while taking away places people want and need to go especially given the present problems. I don’t go to either but some people do and it’s an escape or way to get away for awhile. But once again it’s unconstitutional. But that old document seems to matter less and less by the day. Would it help? Probably. But let’s not forget all the protest and violence taking place. That needs to stop before we can even discuss things like this.

3. Limit all gatherings, public and private, to not more than 10.- This has already been tried and how did that work out? People will not do it and it cannot be enforced. In case you haven’t noticed people have given the middle finger to all these proposals by the masses. Be it right or wrong it’s a simple fact. So let’s clarify this to include protesting and gatherings nation wide under the guise of racism.

4. Heavy fines levied to people who violate any of the above.- and this is tyrannical in every form. And again if this is a solution then every protestor and person committing crimes by the thousands daily have to be dealt with as well. How do you think that will work?

Everything you’re suggesting has negative consequences and will cause more people to be sick in other ways and more people to die in other ways. So we would essentially be swapping the witch for the devil. And to be clear, I’m not suggesting that these wouldn’t have a positive impact in fighting the Chinese virus, rather they would cause just as many issues if not more.

We are in a no win situation. So in thinking long term perhaps we should consider the lesser of two evils. And if things continue at this pace we will soon have another pandemic with a different disease to contend with. No one has the answers. There are no good ones and that is the ultimate problem. The politicians have seen to it that there’s no way we can get out of this without a disaster.

i watched that latest joe biden speech

its back to a politician just telling you what you want to hear by having a great speech writer with all rosey words.

his delivery sucked and he looked like he was in a hospital gown holding on to one of those bag holders as he stood there at the podium

just soooo boring

he aint gonna make it

remember hilary passed out trying to keep up with trump\

biden might have a heart attack

@appalachiatiger That is exactly what the left wants. Someone to tell them things that make them feel good. Actions? Not so important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT