ADVERTISEMENT

Sweden beating Covid...

Not at all. Your liberal friends and YOU have been absolutely giddy over just a slight uptick in deaths. Good try though. I just want to take your your arrogant Mensa munchin’ money, Einstein.

“BTW awesome job in NY”

You wrote a congratulatory message pertaining to human beings dying in New York.

you’re sick. You don’t care about Americans dying in New York because it fits your political agenda. That’s disgusting . Seek help

Reactions: PawPride
I’m curious to see. They are doing a much better job than we are in using common sense: avoiding restaurants, bars, etc.

Their restaurants, bars and majority of schools have been open the whole time. Many people have blasted them for it and still do

“BTW awesome job in NY”

You wrote a congratulatory message pertaining to human beings dying in New York.

you’re sick. You don’t care about Americans dying in New York because it fits your political agenda. That’s disgusting . Seek help
I’m talking about the great job you and you liberal leaders did. You’re obviously the experts on how to handle things. At least you think you are.

I’m talking about the great job you and you liberal leaders did. You’re obviously the experts on how to handle things. At least you think you are.

no you wrote what you wrote. You’re giddy over New Yorkers dying. Al Qaeda would be proud of you.

How about giving a shit for the unborn black children that are murdered everyday. That number dwarfs Covid deaths. Lucifer is proud of you!

You’re trying too hard right now. Go cry over your leader Bin Laden dying under the watch of a Liberal President. I know that hurt you more than Bin Laden getting killed. Just like you celebrate New Yorkers dying Bc the governor is a democrat. Youre not a patriot - I’m 100% certain you cheer the deaths of New Yorkers just like you did when Al Qaeda hit the twin towers. Go wrap yourself in the Al Qaeda flag. You’re disgusting

You’re trying too hard right now. Go cry over your leader Bin Laden dying under the watch of a Liberal President. I know that hurt you more than Bin Laden getting killed. Just like you celebrate New Yorkers dying Bc the governor is a democrat. Youre not a patriot - I’m 100% certain you cheer the deaths of New Yorkers just like you did when Al Qaeda hit the twin towers. Go wrap yourself in the Al Qaeda flag. You’re disgusting
So All Black Lives Don’t Matter to you. Got it!

they do to me! In fact all lives matter to me!

You Devil Slut

Your post lacks so much context and leaves out so many important facts that it makes my head hurt.
Its okay, just like the pictures, its beyond your capability to comprend. Carry on with the agendas.

So All Black Lives Don’t Matter to you. Got it!

they do to me!

I don’t celebrate the death of black people like you celebrate the death of New Yorkers. In fact I’m saddened by it. You cheer New Yorkers who die of COVID, simply Bc the governor is a democrat. This is you. A sad and fetid human being

you might actually be mentally retarded. if so, i'm sorry for you. if not, you should check out the stats out there. it's wild. almost like the infections are going down in blue places and up in red places. why would that be?

Reactions: anon_yqoaxol227dby
you just don’t have the mental capacity to understand. Carry on with your ignorance
Just like the country comment, you didn't get it, your true thought process is thuggish and the use of colorful words do not really cover it up.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
A more recent article from the first I posted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/7ecd5ded-9b90-4052-b849-0e153f701e1f

I like the picture in The NY Times article. Those are the typical scenes from all Sweden articles

Thanks, that was a good read. I really admire how straightforward they are. Unemotional. Quite rational. Couldn't be more different from most Americans... :) Also, I always forget how small (in terms of population) these nordic countries are. 10 milliion people. So, it's the same as LA County, but less densely populated.

Reactions: IcelandTiger
Thanks, that was a good read. I really admire how straightforward they are. Unemotional. Quite rational. Couldn't be more different from most Americans... :) Also, I always forget how small (in terms of population) these nordic countries are. 10 milliion people. So, it's the same as LA County, but less densely populated.

Yes, very different. I’m still very interested to see how this looks long term both for Covid and economically. The other Nordic countries weren’t hit very hard, but will they down the road?

Sweden and many other European countries depend on other European countries for trade - like the Volvo plant mentioned in the article. Many European countries just opened up but restricted Swedes from entering their countries. I’m really hoping Sweden has no deaths going forward, it would be a great sign for the rest of the world - imo

Yes, very different. I’m still very interested to see how this looks long term both for Covid and economically. The other Nordic countries weren’t hit very hard, but will they down the road?

Sweden and many other European countries depend on other European countries for trade - like the Volvo plant mentioned in the article. Many European countries just opened up but restricted Swedes from entering their countries. I’m really hoping Sweden has no deaths going forward, it would be a great sign for the rest of the world - imo

Completely agree. I'm on the "hoping for fewer deaths" wagon all 'round. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next year or two. My guess is, we're all over-estimating the impact of shutting down, etc on the overall result. That was only every intended to prevent healthcare systems becoming overwhelmed. Speaking of, I've just gotten notice that the major hospital in the Houston area are all on diversion status. Would be a bad time to have a heart attack or stroke. SHM. Sigh.

nobody is saying that this will magically go away. People just want to limit spread. I don’t know why this is so hard for people to grasp

It's not hard, you can't grasp life has to continue. You can only limit the spread by completely shutting down the economy. Having a working economy means you have to deal with it. No dodging it, no hoping you slow the spread. Protect yourself. Protect the most vulnerable.

That's it.

It's not hard, you can't grasp life has to continue. You can only limit the spread by completely shutting down the economy. Having a working economy means you have to deal with it. No dodging it, no hoping you slow the spread. Protect yourself. Protect the most vulnerable.

That's it.
What does “protect yourself” look like to you?

What does “protect yourself” look like to you?

It will vary for every individual. My level of comfort may not be yours.

I will wear a face covering going to grocery store, or out to dinner until seated. I will still play golf. I will still go to friends houses, I will still go out on occasions. I will go to neighborhood pool. I will not stay shut in.

Opening schools raises more issues than political.

1. How do the kids get to school? If districts plan on instituting social distancing, this will require more buses and more drivers. Both of which are in short supply. This could be solved with money but no one wants to fund schools as it is.

2. Once they get to school how do districts solve the social distance issue? Classrooms are already overcrowded. If you are hearing talk of an altered fall schedule, alleviating bus and classroom crowding may be the primary driver.

3. Who will teach them? Lots of teachers have underlying symptoms. Even if kids don't spread it. The teachers could catch it from somewhere. Subs are already hard to find. More money could help but there again not many are ready to pay.

4. How to prevent lawsuits? School districts are very lawsuit adverse. They usually settle early and pay often. Any lawyers or administrators have better info feel free to chime in. I am sure the last thing any district or municipality wants is a dead teacher or student much less a slew of them.

Politics may be an issue, but I would reckon money, infrastructure and health will drive whether schools open their doors in the fall.

Who wins the election will not be a factor if I send or keep my kid in school.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...t-ways-keep-coronavirus-bay-despite-outbreaks

1. Children are not vectors of this virus. Their mortality rate is virtually zero. In Denmark they do not even wear masks for example .. teachers. No change in transport IMO. Drivers wear masks.
2. Teachers can wear masks ... other countries have major focus on hand washing. Set the germ mindset. There are ways to have social distancing bot in the classroom and in the hallways and bathrooms.
3. Teachers wear masks. Those who have severe risks may have to stay home but the risks. But the percentage of all COVID deaths for less than 65 is 20%. The mortality rate is like the flu. Risk is low.
4. It is a good question about lawsuits - but governors can make executive orders about lawsuits about schools.

It seems obvious also to say there is no tolerance for sick kids at school (runny noses etc).

If there was a COVID response in many European countries, we would have heard it.

Only politics and fear are issues to open schools IMO.

What if I agree with you that some prominent media outlets have played-up the worst of this virus because fear equals ratings? I think they have.

Will you agree with me that Europe opening schools could have more to do with the graph below than with political bias? At least acknowledge the possibility.

e2607ee0-b638-11ea-af69-de178ebf44c4

I acknowledge that that chart installs fear since it ignores the massive testing going on in USA and the EU countries have slowed testing and are not increasing the testing rate and overall decreasing. Looking at cases only without considering the test volume and the prevalence of the virus already in society is a fear tactic. So this chart should not be the reference to decide about school openings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT