ADVERTISEMENT

Tait Reynolds Thoughts

willydee1

Gold Member
May 9, 2024
I watched a game and a half of Queen Creek games. I mostly fast forwarded through special teams and defensive possessions. I did watch a few to get a feel for them.

They ran a spread type offense that bases out of 11 personnel. They had a run first mentality. They were not great offensively and most big plays had to come from Tait’s arm/legs. They were not going to run past people. Their back is gritty, but not a game breaker.

Queen Creek seems to be an above average program in 6A Arizona ball. I don’t think Arizona is loaded by any means, but there is some decent talent. They went 3-8 last season which was a pretty bad year for him.

They seem to be very young…though that’s just a guess. They were really bad defensively, undersized, and nobody really popped. As I said, likely young. Offensively, same sort of deal. They have some decent skill players, but nobody that pops out. They had an OL that I kind of liked but isn’t a P5 type of player. Overall, they are undersized in the trenches.

Tait was by far the best player on that team. But he didn’t have a lot to work with. On top of that, he is a sophomore. He was 15…can’t even drive a car. I think their coaches were wise enough not to expect him to carry the team.

First off, he looks the part at 6’4, 200. More impressive, he can FLY at that size. My eyeball guess is in the 4.5 range. He has some wiggle to go with it. His velocity is incredible…sometimes it’s too much for his receivers. Like your typical sophomore (I don’t care how talented), he will throw an incredible ball downfield with velocity and pin point accuracy…the kind that make you go WOW…and then he will air mail a screen.

He doesn’t always see things clearly or make the quickest decisions, but I will reiterate, HE IS A SOPHOMORE. He should make huge strides in this area with a season under his belt. The only interception that I saw was a late game Hail Mary type of situation. Judging by their defense, they probably had to gamble some late in games.

I am going to give huge kudos to the Queen Creek coaching staff. They did a great job managing him and not ruining his confidence. The worst thing you can do to a young QB is to put the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This kid is going to make a big jump in the rankings. Y’all can quit worrying about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News