ADVERTISEMENT

TarHeel Illustrated prediction for South Carolina game ...

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
----

From TarHeel Illustrated, our UNC site at Rivals.com:

Here are our picks:

Kevin Roy

Obviously, this is a huge game to kick things off. As Mack says, they’ve been good, it’s time to be great. No better opportunity to start that quest then a prime time game in Bank of America Stadium against an SEC program. If the Tar Heels defense has improved from last season, I think the Tar Heels win fairly comfortably. But, I think it might take a game or two before we see major improvements, so I’m predicting a close game with Drake Maye’s talent leading the Tar Heels to victory. Prediction: UNC 31, South Carolina 24.

Breandon Peay

With as much arm talent as South Carolina quarterback Spencer Rattler has, he is known to throw the ball to the other team, recording 12 interceptions last season. With Carolina’s emphasis on playmaking in the defensive backfield, I expect a Rattler turnover to be the difference in a close, hard fought game. Prediction: UNC 34, South Carolina 31.

Trey Scott

Huge game for the Tar Heels. If UNC wants to be a College Football Playoff contender, it has to show up in these types of games—and not just show up, but win. Whether Tez Walker is cleared to play or not, I believe UNC has what it takes to secure a victory. Defense and the run game will be key, as Drake Maye will be a focus for opposing teams. Prediction: UNC 28, South Carolina 20.

Jacob Turner

Football season is OFFICIALLY BACK and Carolina enters this game with what feels like the same question mark; how good is the defense? I think the Tar Heels are more than capable offensively to put up points against anyone, but can they stop the Gamecocks enough to pull out the W in Charlotte? I hate to be a pessimist, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident. Regardless, I'll go with the Heels in this one, but just barely. Prediction: UNC 38, South Carolina 34

Andrew Jones

UNC could be without some key players on both sides of the ball that could affect the outcome. Still, with Drake Maye and the abundance of skill on the Tar Heels’ offense, this team will have a chance every time it takes the field. All it needs is for a more aggressive defense to create some havoc, enough that the offense can score more points than the Gamecocks and earn a victory. And that is exactly what will happen. Prediction: UNC 34, South Carolina 24.
Average THI prediction: UNC 33, South Carolina 26.6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.