ADVERTISEMENT

Ten REAL thoughts about Gamecock Football after the spring game

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
  1. Can USofC petition the NCAA for a mercy rule? Once at opponent leads you by 30 points they should be forced to stop.
  2. Can the Gamecocks run the 5-5-5 defense? It’s the only way they’ll slow folks down.
  3. Lanoris Sellers looks good. Who can the Gamecock get to replace him when he hits the portal in December?
  4. Get in on the Under quickly. Once the spring game is watched by the Vegas odds makers, the over/under is likely to drop.
  5. Thank goodness, Old Dominion, Akron, Vanderbilt and Wofford are on the schedule. The Gamecocks should be able to split those games to prevent a repeat of 2000. More good news is The Citadel isn’t on the schedule this year.
  6. What happens to the Gamecocks if portal players decide, “Naw man, I’m cool being in the portal without a scholarship rather than going to UofSC.” It may be hard to field a team.
  7. If Shane goes 2-10 or worse, does Ray retain him? I’m pretty sure he’ll have to because I’m not sure who will come to Columbia to coach.
  8. After playing Ole Miss, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M in a 5-week stretch, how many on the team will “Opt Out” the rest of season? I’m sure they’ll have some freshman claiming to want to “prepare for the NFL Combine.”
  9. Should Williams Brice close the upper deck to fans? and Given poor attendance that's bound to happen this season, that space could better be used for advertising. It could create a much needed revenue stream for NIL money.
  10. How many days until women’s basketball tips off?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News