ADVERTISEMENT

Texans - disappointed

texans don’t come out b/c they don’t want to show respect to the anthem...???? You gotta be kidding.

what was that?

hate when sports and politics share space!
You realize they stayed inside for both the black national anthem and the U.S. national anthem, correct? They said they didn’t want to pick one side over the other

Used to bother me but don’t really care anymore. If they want to fight for their beliefs they’re welcome to do so - the beauty of America. Have to understand that even when I don’t agree.
They certainly have the right to disrespect the flag and the country. I also have the right to find their form of protest despicable and have the right to not watch the nfl.

They certainly have the right to disrespect the flag and the country. I also have the right to find their form of protest despicable and have the right to not watch the nfl.
I don’t think anyone is questioning your decision? It doesn’t make sense to me but you do you. Feel like I care way too much about sports to stop watching because of that.

I don’t think anyone is questioning your decision? It doesn’t make sense to me but you do you. Feel like I care way too much about sports to stop watching because of that.
I will assure you that many who love sports are fed up with the political crap that has taken over professional sports.

Disappointed bc they are there to play football and not get into all the political optics? Interesting.

Oh I’m 100% one of those people. Just saying I can put aside my differences in opinion and still watch. Life is too short for me to stop doing something I love because we disagree on political topics.
Completely understand where you are coming from. Just can not stand the disrespect for our country from these players.

The crowd was booing like hell!
Maybe soon they’ll get the idea that people are sick of you supporting career criminals.
They could have honored 911 first responders, instead they choose losers

Please offer a solution then. FYI - they are protesting police brutality and not the country.
Ahh yes, the old police brutality angle...
Honestly, HONESTLY, in this day & age of camera phones, body cams, video surveillance, etc...if the police were just "brutalizing" the black community the way the media, Hollywood, & pro athletes say they do, why don't we see new videos daily?? We'll see one that is exploited by the liberal media for several months until a new one comes out, but they pretend like they're being "hunted down" as Lebron put it, which is a flat out lie...
And oh, by the way, the people usually being shot in these videos are typically POS criminals too...I guess Jacob Blake being a POS rapist doesn't matter if it can further their "cause"...

Reactions: Intracoastal
I would just eliminate the anthem before games. It hasn’t always been done.
Or do like Clemson. Well before player entry.

Them staying in the tunnel was perfect. I hope all teams that are torn will do that. I have asked that they leave their politics off the field. They did that. Kudos.

I also appreciated that only one player for KC seemed to kneel and he did it in what I felt was a respectful way. Almost like he was praying. He seemed to be the one voice for any others who believe in that movement.

I thought it was well done tbh. A lot less heavy handed on the BLM stuff and more about unity and all working together to make the world better. I promise more white folk would support them if that was the lean all the time. Like it or not, it's not "equal" if one group can have a movement/group/anthem/etc with "Black" in it when the other side absolutely cannot have a group with "White" in it. Equality sells. The other feels like divisiveness imho.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT