ADVERTISEMENT

Texans - disappointed

Ahh yes, the old police brutality angle...
Honestly, HONESTLY, in this day & age of camera phones, body cams, video surveillance, etc...if the police were just "brutalizing" the black community the way the media, Hollywood, & pro athletes say they do, why don't we see new videos daily?? We'll see one that is exploited by the liberal media for several months until a new one comes out, but they pretend like they're being "hunted down" as Lebron put it, which is a flat out lie...
And oh, by the way, the people usually being shot in these videos are typically POS criminals too...I guess Jacob Blake being a POS rapist doesn't matter if it can further their "cause"...

The police shot a 13 year old autistic white kid 5 times the other day. He was unarmed. At some point, the world has to acknowledge that it actually might be more about lack of proper training vs all out racism.

Was there a game last night? How long do I watch an NFL game? “Not For Long”!!

The police shot a 13 year old autistic white kid 5 times the other day. He was unarmed. At some point, the world has to acknowledge that it actually might be more about lack of proper training vs all out racism.

Seems like we can all agree there IS a problem and that we need additional federal funds for police coupled with significantly more accountability/oversight

its not training

its fear

when a human has fear in his mind for his life he responds with more force than necessary

how to remove that fear

or

how to have people follow the law and police commands

can you have both?

or is it understood certain people dont have to follow the law because their ancestors were slaves?

just confusing

Seems like we can all agree there IS a problem and that we need additional federal funds for police coupled with significantly more accountability/oversight
I haven't seen many people argue against this. That's why the rioting and kneeling and BLM being forced down everyone's throats is annoying. There is a problem. We all recognize it. But it's with all police departments and all races. Some just don't want to hear that.

It doesn't seem like some want "equal".

I haven't seen many people argue against this. That's why the rioting and kneeling and BLM being forced down everyone's throats is annoying. There is a problem. We all recognize it. But it's with all police departments and all races. Some just don't want to hear that.

It doesn't seem like some want "equal".

If only there was a largely non-ideological candidate for president with this platform and generally focused on being a uniter not a divider

If only there was a largely non-ideological candidate for president with this platform and generally focused on being a uniter not a divider

Or better, if only there was already a bill before congress that was open and non-partisan that could have already addressed it as much as is possible at the Federal level...

Oh wait, there was. And Democrats wouldn't allow it to move forward because they'd rather it be a campaign issue.

There isn't. The candidate you speak of has told people they aren't black if they don't vote for him. And got a crazy left of left running mate. Neither side is pushing unity.

Very true about the training...
I heard about the 13 year old as well although it's not nearly as prevalent in news coverage as, say, the Jacob Blake shooting...we all know why though. Sad situation but it's quite possible that he had a weapon though & I am of the opinion that cops have just as much right to get back home to their families as citizens do...
I agree with better training (better pay is needed as well)...but we also need to realize that sometimes shit happens in stressful situations. We're all human & it happens....it just does.

There isn't. The candidate you speak of has told people they aren't black if they don't vote for him. And got a crazy left of left running mate. Neither side is pushing unity.

I mean...this seems fairly similar to me

edit: also his running mate was actually a prosecutor that was tougher than people liked!

I mean...this seems fairly similar to me

Hahaha. Both sides are trying to win an election. LOL at citing him responding to Trump as proof of anything. I could go find several statement Biden has said that speak to anything but unity. But I don't care enough...

Have a great day.

Very true about the training...
I heard about the 13 year old as well although it's not nearly as prevalent in news coverage as, say, the Jacob Blake shooting...we all know why though. Sad situation but it's quite possible that he had a weapon though & I am of the opinion that cops have just as much right to get back home to their families as citizens do...
I agree with better training (better pay is needed as well)...but we also need to realize that sometimes shit happens in stressful situations. We're all human & it happens....it just does.

Totally agree with the point about officers wanting to return home to their families. Hard to argue they don't have the right to.

Hahaha. Both sides are trying to win an election. LOL at citing him responding to Trump as proof of anything. I could go find several statement Biden has said that speak to anything but unity. But I don't care enough...

Have a great day.
I can tell you are bothered by this, but Biden has been consistent about this since the primary. It’s on the policy section of his website and there are countless articles explaining his position on it.

Contrary to what you might read elsewhere, it turns out there is no truth in the “ANTIFA CEO Joe Biden” narrative!

I can tell you are bothered by this, but Biden has been consistent about this since the primary. It’s on the policy section of his website and there are countless articles explaining his position on it.

Contrary to what you might read elsewhere, it turns out there is no truth in the “ANTIFA CEO Joe Biden” narrative!

The only thing he has been consistent on is that he panders to the polling. Whatever way the wind blows, so goes Joe.

The only thing he has been consistent on is that he panders to the polling. Whatever way the wind blows, so goes Joe.
Ah, yes. In contrast, the opposing candidate is a paragon of consistency in position.

Look, you don’t need to believe me- you can just go google something like “joe Biden police funding” and date limit it to before July and see for yourself. I’d add that this was at a time when extra funding for the police wasn’t exactly popular.

Ah, yes. In contrast, the opposing candidate is a paragon of consistency in position.

Look, you don’t need to believe me- you can just go google something like “joe Biden police funding” and date limit it to before July and see for yourself. I’d add that this was at a time when extra funding for the police wasn’t exactly popular.

Does he or does he not want to defund the police? He says he does, but then says he doesn't.... amazingly about the same time the polls came out showing that a MAJORITY of Americans (including African Americans) don't want to defund the police.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/joe-bidens-doubletalk-on-defund-the-police/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...n-said-he-wants-to-defund-the-police-n2572725

Does he or doesn't he want to defund the police? He says he does, but then says he doesn't.... amazingly about the same time the polls came out showing that a MAJORITY of Americans (including African Americans) don't want to defund the police.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/joe-bidens-doubletalk-on-defund-the-police/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...n-said-he-wants-to-defund-the-police-n2572725

I don’t see those 2 things as inconsistent at all.

Seems to me he is advocating for A) granting additional federal funds to police for retooling/retraining while B) saying that current funding should also be used to integrate social workers/mental health professionals into the way we currently police (I.e. have the ability to deploy these resources if it is reported that someone is having a breakdown)

I don’t see those 2 things as inconsistent at all.

Seems to me he is advocating for A) granting additional federal funds to police for retooling/retraining while B) saying that current funding should also be used to integrate social workers/mental health professionals into the way we currently police (I.e. have the ability to deploy these resources if it is reported that someone is having a breakdown)

Spin it how you want but redirecting money away from the police is in effect "defunding the police." Had he said that he wanted to increase funding to aid in providing additional support services such as Mental Health and Social Workers then you might have a case. Everyone knows that defunding a police department is only aimed at making it weaker. If you want less police presence, then commit less crime..... it is the absolute way to decrease the necessity for the police. Outside of that, I welcome more police to make sure that my family is safe and when they can't do it, I will. BTW, the defunding of the police is only giving way to vigilante justice......

Actually, like most dems, you are putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head that aren't there. I said Biden isn't all about unity. And he's not. You then moved the goalposts to what he thinks about funding police. I don't think him responding to Trump comments means he cares about anything other than winning.

LOL at me ever posting anything on this board that would make anyone believe "Biden CEO ANTIFA" or whatever you are babbling about.

Spin it how you want but redirecting money away from the police is in effect "defunding the police." Had he said that he wanted to increase funding to aid in providing additional support services such as Mental Health and Social Workers then you might have a case. Everyone knows that defunding a police department is only aimed at making it weaker. If you want less police presence, then commit less crime..... it is the absolute way to decrease the necessity for the police. Outside of that, I welcome more police to make sure that my family is safe and when they can't do it, I will. BTW, the defunding of the police is only giving way to vigilante justice......
I mean if current police funding is X and you want to add Y but subtract Z - are you funding or defunding the police?

Seems to me it depends on the values of Y and Z!

Actually, like most dems, you are putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head that aren't there. I said Biden isn't all about unity. And he's not. You then moved the goalposts to what he thinks about police. I don't think him responding to Trump comments means he cares about anything other than winning.

LOL at me ever posting anything on this board that would make anyone believe "Biden CEO ANTIFA" or whatever you are babbling about. Typical political bullshit on a sports board.
The entire discussion was about Bidens policy re: police/criminal justice - that was the discussion you responded to. I made no point regarding anything other than that.

My point remains that Biden’s platform has consistently involved increasing federal funding to the police in contrast to the narrative that he is somehow influenced by the “far left” as you suggested. If you are trying to make some other point regarding Biden, maybe it is you who is “moving the goalposts”.

The entire discussion was about Bidens policy re: police/criminal justice - that was the discussion you responded to. I made no point regarding anything other than that.

My point remains that Biden’s platform has consistently involved increasing federal funding to the police in contrast to the narrative that he is somehow influenced by the “far left” as you suggested. If you are trying to make some other point regarding Biden, maybe it is you who is “moving the goalposts”.

Fair enough, so if I admit that part is a personal view you agree with the rest of it?
I don't really care that much. Both candidates have said give more money to police. One wants to give them more feelings, the other more guns. Big whoop. They are pandering. Both of them.

I want the nation to come together and stop the infighting. This convo doesn't help that. Putting words in other's mouth doesn't help that. Two sides waging war on each other via social media doesn't change that.

I think both sides want to act like there are easy answers to any of this. There aren't.

Who pays for the extra funding? Who implements it and decides where it goes? What happens to the shitty cops who can hide from the changes and still be on the streets? When is it ok for cops to shoot? What are cops supposed to do if the perp won't comply?

I'm a common sense guy that doesn't vote down party lines. I lean right, because I think that's is what is best. But no matter what I say in any of these threads, I get told what I think and what news station I watch. It's hilarious. News flash... I don't watch the news at all! Lol

Ahh yes, the old police brutality angle...
Honestly, HONESTLY, in this day & age of camera phones, body cams, video surveillance, etc...if the police were just "brutalizing" the black community the way the media, Hollywood, & pro athletes say they do, why don't we see new videos daily?? We'll see one that is exploited by the liberal media for several months until a new one comes out, but they pretend like they're being "hunted down" as Lebron put it, which is a flat out lie...
And oh, by the way, the people usually being shot in these videos are typically POS criminals too...I guess Jacob Blake being a POS rapist doesn't matter if it can further their "cause"...
01e172efdf0d3324b6ebd0ee501e7425.gif

You realize they stayed inside for both the black national anthem and the U.S. national anthem, correct? They said they didn’t want to pick one side over the other
i think you will see the nfl adopt the same policy as ncaa football.. teams stay in the locker room until the anthem is played...

I promise more white folk would support them if that was the lean all the time. Like it or not, it's not "equal" if one group can have a movement/group/anthem/etc with "Black" in it when the other side absolutely cannot have a group with "White" in it. Equality sells. The other feels like divisiveness imho.

This is a good story and I want to believe it, but the reality is that the locking of arms got booed by the crowd in KC

This is a good story and I want to believe it, but the reality is that the locking of arms got booed by the crowd in KC
And there are black groups currently looting and rioting and burning down major cities. There will always be bad people that don’t want to do the right things. Doesn’t mean all are bad or even most. Can’t condemn whites for the actions of a few unless you are doing the same on the other side of this.

Either way, good talk. It’s game day now. Done with all that. We are all Tigers today!

ADVERTISEMENT