ADVERTISEMENT

The bashing of Charleston has begun

People have lost the minds . That’s some pretzel logic drivel .
If they could only have written this 20 yrs ago, I might still live there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...harleston-tourism-black-lives-matter.amp.html

as in the mass influx of foreigners might have been prevented (anybody not from South Carolina)

I can’t figure out the what you see in this story to what your post says or means? For a NY times article this is pretty harmless. I am as conservative as they come but I can’t really disagree that the whole story of what happened at these plantations should be told..tell WHOLE story which is both deep in southern pride and charm but also the dark story needs the full light shined on it neither should be in isolation. Anyone who can take a tour of the downtown mansions and not be unsettled when you read the old bills that were posted proclaiming what types of stock were coming into port isn’t human.

My point - live there most of 90s and early 2000 and the influx of people was too much. I lived there for the outdoors, food and the beautiful city. Place was surrounded by southern history for the tourist and annoyed most locals. The place had/ has so much to offer besides it’s awful history. This article is WAY over the top.

My point - live there most of 90s and early 2000 and the influx of people was too much. I lived there for the outdoors, food and the beautiful city. Place was surrounded by southern history for the tourist and annoyed most locals. The city had/ has so much to offer besides it’s awful history. This article is WAY over the top.

I remember when people on TI, including certain writers, looked down on me for leaving Mt P for Anderson.

Ahhhhhhhhhh...feels Goodman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT