ADVERTISEMENT

The best dressed man on tour is about to lose that title

But seriously, who hasn’t called themselves that on the golf course. Sure it’s wrong, but the cancel culture needs to get a fvcking grip.

As an avid golfer, I've never thought to call myself that or has it been on my mind while on the golf course.

He made a mistake and there are consequences. I'm sure this will be a good lesson for him.

As an avid golfer, I've never thought to call myself that or has it been on my mind while on the golf course.

He made a mistake and there are consequences. I'm sure this will be a good lesson for him.
A good lesson for him? No it’ll be fuel and I guarantee that he’ll never think about re-signing with them. And we’ll also never be able to have golfers mic’d up again. Probably have boom mics taken out too.

A good lesson for him? No it’ll be fuel and I guarantee that he’ll never think about re-signing with them. And we’ll also never be able to have golfers mic’d up again. Probably have boom mics taken out too.
Orrrrrrrr JT doesn't handle this like a child and becomes a bigger spokesperson for inclusion in golf. We all know golf could use that.

Never trust a guy with 2 first names. Especially when one of the first names is a she/her name.

But seriously, who hasn’t called themselves that on the golf course. Sure it’s wrong, but the cancel culture needs to get a fvcking grip.

Eh from all of the gay guys I know, saying fag is the equivalent to saying the N word. I realize he called himself that and not someone else.

I guess my question to those getting bent out of shape, how would you feel if he said "Justin you're such a N word"?

Also, it's a fvcking sponsorship. The company can choose to sponsor or not sponsor or take sponsorship from anyone they want as long as they aren't legally breaking contracts. This isn't any different than Tiger losing sponsorships after his cheating fiasco.

Eh from all of the gay guys I know, saying fag is the equivalent to saying the N word. I realize he called himself that and not someone else.

I guess my question to those getting bent out of shape, how would you feel if he said "Justin you're such a N word"?

Also, it's a fvcking sponsorship. The company can choose to sponsor or not sponsor or take sponsorship from anyone they want as long as they aren't legally breaking contracts. This isn't any different than Tiger losing sponsorships after his cheating fiasco.
Yeah and look how long it took Gatorade to get back in the game. RL will be fine financially and this has no impact to their bottom line, but I’d bet a large wager says their golf profits will take a hit.

He should just tell everybody that in that moment, he identified as a gay man, and therefore he can use that word. THEN, he'd have them by the nuts, nobody could say anything.

Almost. After saying this he should have followed up by asking why Ralph Lauren is excluding gay men from wearing its clothing, that he doesn’t want to rep such a hateful, bigoted brand, and asking that Ralph Lauren work extra hard to be a more inclusive brand.

Bonus points if Ralph Lauren says they didn’t know and he responds with “I was afraid you would fire me if you found out.”

My only issue with words is if the word itself is offensive then I can totally back the censoring. But if the word is offensive depending on who says it then I start to get confused. I was raised to not say things to others that I would not want said to me. Of course I do not care what someone calls me that has never met me nor actually knows me. But you are correct. A company can do as they please on the sponsorship front. But the customers can do the same towards the company. It is a 2 way street.

Last edited:

Your sound logic isn't welcomed here.

Reactions: Toasted712
Almost. After saying this he should have followed up by asking why Ralph Lauren is excluding gay men from wearing its clothing, that he doesn’t want to rep such a hateful, bigoted brand, and asking that Ralph Lauren work extra hard to be a more inclusive brand.

Bonus points if Ralph Lauren says they didn’t know and he responds with “I was afraid you would fire me if you found out.”
Yeah, I actually thought about adding something along those lines, but I didn't feel like typing it all out.

Reactions: erasmuss

If he is black, it would be ok for him to use the N word.

Reactions: Allenjg25

Well aren’t you just the gold standard....

Reactions: SGTiger
What’s really troubling in all of this..... whatever his new sponsor will be, they will get a ton of BS headaches.
Wouldn’t be shocked if Titleist sticks with him and that’s it for a while, similar to Tiger and Nike. Sucks for the kid, but he’ll make plenty of money to not give a fvck.

Orrrrrrrr JT doesn't handle this like a child and becomes a bigger spokesperson for inclusion in golf. We all know golf could use that.

Should we find the best tri-gender multi race golfer we can and then tell everyone else to suck as much as they need to for our tri gender multi race golfer to score good enough to be competitive? That’s a deal as long as everyone else slows down in the 100 yard dash so I’m no longer slow. Hell, let’s lower that high jump bar so the midgets don’t feel left out. Cause shucks, that’s what competition is all about!!

I don’t use the F word on the course or in my regular life. But, I do call myself a pvssy & Alice all the time on the course.
I just think people are too sensitive these days.
I like when someone I’m playing with just yells their first, middle, and last name at themselves.

When someone shorts a putt, I ask them if their husband plays, too.

All my black friends would dispute that. They can’t choose the color of their skin.

You can choose who you want to lie down with.

ADVERTISEMENT