ADVERTISEMENT

The Rona

Ugh, that's terrible. man. I'm sorry.

The utterly vexing thing about this virus (and the part that doctors/scientists are still clueless on) is how it can be almost harmless to one person and totally debilitating to another or even fatal. Crazy.
The flu is the same way, lots of stuff are the same way actually. Everybody is different.

JMO, but a lot of the "relatively healthy people" who are experiencing serious cases of covid probably had undiagnosed issues.

Hope you feel better soon! I'm a few days out from getting over the virus. Much like you, I never really worried about myself, but really worried about spreading it to someone that may not handle it as well. My wife is diabetic and my mother has heart disease. So, I secluded myself in one of our spare bedrooms for 10 days, only coming out for food and the bathroom. I wore a mask when I couldn't avoid close contact. Worse parts for me were exhaustion and body aches (really bad in the legs/knees for some reason) and of course, a fever for 8 days. Also, I feel you on the no taste. Not having it on Thanksgiving Day was no fun for sure!
I am a pretty healthy 34 year old. Back in July I had strange pains in my legs around my knees and on the inside of my thighs. It lasted about two weeks. Nothing like I have experienced before. It wasn't debilitating but it did cause some pretty good discomfort when trying to get to sleep. I didn't get tested because I always have headaches but it makes me wonder if I had it going on. Who knows. I have been tested since then including last Tuesday before Thanksgiving and both came back negative. I wish there was an accurate way to tell if you had it or not. The antibody test are just unreliable from what I hear.

glad you're okay

plenty of people aren't

the portrait of self-centered. You've got people in this thread talking about their loved ones dying and all you have to say is "well, I'm fine". You have shown your true colors and it's gross

Since you edited...

You asked a smart a$$ question, you got a smart a$$ response.

Take it like a man.

Reactions: Essolover4
I am a pretty healthy 34 year old. Back in July I had strange pains in my legs around my knees and on the inside of my thighs. It lasted about two weeks. Nothing like I have experienced before. It wasn't debilitating but it did cause some pretty good discomfort when trying to get to sleep. I didn't get tested because I always have headaches but it makes me wonder if I had it going on. Who knows. I have been tested since then including last Tuesday before Thanksgiving and both came back negative. I wish there was an accurate way to tell if you had it or not. The antibody test are just unreliable from what I hear.

I had the annoying (random) leg pains while I had it.

Since you edited...

You asked a smart a$$ question, you got a smart a$$ response.

Take it like a man.
was it smart ass? Cuz you literally spent 6 months saying it would go away November 3rd, that it was made up. Now it's worse than it ever has been, and it's still all over the news. So, admit you were wrong

Or as you say "Take it like a man" lol

was it smart ass? Cuz you literally spent 6 months saying it would go away November 3rd, that it was made up. Now it's worse than it ever has been, and it's still all over the news. So, admit you were wrong

Or as you say "Take it like a man" lol

“it’s worse than it ever has been”

Lol

***oh, and... how did your corona experience go?***

I gave blood a few weeks ago and found out that I did not have antibodies for the China Virus although I have been around people who tested positive.

I had an allergic reaction to pollen along the Mississippi River Valley after an hour run in Mississippi back over 4 years ago. I developed a metallic taste in my mouth that lasted for a couple of weeks that was followed by a total lost of taste and smell. Over the years I have regained some sense of taste except for sugar. I can not taste sugar but I can taste artificial sweeteners. My sense of smell has not fully returned. You definitely learn to eat to live instead of living to eat. I tend to eat a lot more spicy food and avoid all foods that use sugar to mask unpleasant flavors.

Reactions: yamatoby2375
Yeah, the accuracy of the tests suck, they might as well just flip a coin and ask you if you're feeling lucky. Despite what the doctors/scientists think they know, they're full of shit. They're guessing just like the rest of us, they're just really good at stating their opinions as fact, and speaking with confidence, so people believe them.

I had it last Nov-Dec, and I don't give a damn about anyone saying it wasn't in the States until Jan-Mar. I had all the classic symptoms, and it just wouldn't go away. I was worried that it was going to affect my trip to NOLA for the Natty.

The kicker, and this is how I know I had it, is that ever since my daughter was born 5 years ago, whenever she got sick, I got sick. But this didn't come from her, either that or she was asymptomatic, because she never acted sick and she didn't get it from me either.

First, long time member but new account. Second, recognized yesterday I had lost my ability to taste. Got tested this AM. No other symptoms but had muscle aches on Tuesday. Not sure, but prolly the Rona. So, point is.....I wasn’t the least bit concerned about it UNTIL now. I am still not “concerned” about it, BUTTTT I am now worried about possibly getting someone else sick who gets someone else sick who actually is affected and dies or struggles, and I gotta tell ya.....the guilt and concern is real. I am a complete hard ass and despise the left but now that I am potentially touched....I get the emotional part of it. Flame away if needed. Take Care folks.

BTW, inability to taste for a fat man is a heart breaker.....lol.

Hate to hear that. I hope its just a cold! Either way, I hope you recover quickly!

Went through a similar situation over the past week. We went and saw family last week for Thanksgiving. Why not? We are way more careful than most. We wear masks, we don't go to restaurants, avoid crowds, do grocery pick up, etc. No, we (my wife and son) are not high risk. But we are around people we care about who are enough to be extra cautious.

After we returned from our travels, we found out that our son had been directly exposed a few days before thanksgiving at school. The nightmare scenarios that went through our minds.....the people we love that could have been infected....the people that they love that they could in turn infect....man. I hope to never go through that again.

Thankfully he tested negative. We were VERY lucky. There have been other members of his class to test positive.

Last edited:
Really?? You seriously think that's an accurate comparison?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you struggled with the analogy portion of the SAT.
I'm being over the top but yes I would still feel guilty if any disease - flu, AIDs, pneumonia, etc- that I gave someone killed them. I'd feel guilty giving someone an STD.

Had it back in July and also lost taste and smell. People don't realize that it is literally zero taste or smell unlike a cold or the flu. It took me about two weeks to fully gain back taste and I still don't have the full sense of smell that I once had. I saw improvement by tasting things with really strong flavors. Honey, whiskey, lemon juice, etc. I think if I would had done it earlier I would have gained taste back much earlier. Everything tasting like card board is absolutely miserable.

Good luck on your recovery!!!

So drink whiskey....got it. Thanks for the kind words!

cuz people like you said it would magically disappear. Care to admit you were wrong about that?
Nah dawg, never said it would magically disappear...
As I've stated many times here, I had the Rona...back in June...so yes, I know it's a real thing...
I think you've misinterpreted what people mean by the Rona "disappearing" after the election. It was massively politicized this year (particularly by the left) & used as a tool to take down Trump...
And the thought was that if Biden won, they would immediately start backing off Rona (everybody's safe now sort of thing) & start treating it like it truly is, just another illness like the flu, a cold, etc....& quit making it out to be this unstoppable deadly force which simply isn't true...
Here's where I may have been wrong though...the Democrats aren't gonna wanna let go of that power they've gotten a taste of...it's evident in pretty much all Democratically-controlled states...& it's just gonna get worse when Biden-Harris take office...they are gonna milk this thing for all it's worth & far too many people are just gonna take it until the "new normal, just becomes normal...

I undersdtand your feelings, but all you can do is be responsible and quarantine now. You can't blame yourself if you infected someone before you knew you had it.

I go out for lunch every day and go to the store every 2 or 3 days, and I always wear a mask and wash my hands with disinfectant, so I do what I am supposed to. But I read stories every day about other people who do everything right and still get it. It is just so random.

Yeah, I said somewhere in here that I didn’t really feel the guilt or concern until I actually got it. I honestly treated it as “Out of sight, out of mind” until now.

I gave blood a few weeks ago and found out that I did not have antibodies for the China Virus although I have been around people who tested positive.

I had an allergic reaction to pollen along the Mississippi River Valley after an hour run in Mississippi back over 4 years ago. I developed a metallic taste in my mouth that lasted for a couple of weeks that was followed by a total lost of taste and smell. Over the years I have regained some sense of taste except for sugar. I can not taste sugar but I can taste artificial sweeteners. My sense of smell has not fully returned. You definitely learn to eat to live instead of living to eat. I tend to eat a lot more spicy food and avoid all foods that use sugar to mask unpleasant flavors.
So the cure to being a fat was getting the rona? I should’ve done this months ago......lol. I kid. That sucks man. I hope it comes back eventually. I love food waaaay to much.

Hate to hear that. I hope its just a cold! Either way, I hope you recover quickly!

Went through a similar situation over the past week. We went and saw family last week for Thanksgiving. Why not? We are way more careful than most. We wear masks, we don't go to restaurants, avoid crowds, do grocery pick up, etc. No, we (my wife and son) are not high risk. But we are around people we care about who are enough to be extra cautious.

After we returned from our travels, we found out that our son had been directly exposed a few days before thanksgiving at school. The nightmare scenarios that went through our minds.....the people we love that could have been infected....the people that they love that they could in turn infect....man. I hope to never go through that again.

Thankfully he tested negative. We were VERY lucky. There have been other members of his class to test positive.
Thank you sir and those thoughts are now with me as I spent the holidays with family last week including my 80 year old grandmother (she was masked and kept separation but she was there). Making those calls today was tough. Now, everyone those folks have been around have to call everyone they have been around. Who knows how far it goes. SMDH, so frustrated at myself.

Reactions: CoffeeIsForClosers
As I've stated many times here, I had the Rona...back in June...so yes, I know it's a real thing...
I think you've misinterpreted what people mean by the Rona "disappearing" after the election. It was massively politicized this year (particularly by the left) & used as a tool to take down Trump...
And the thought was that if Biden won, they would immediately start backing off Rona (everybody's safe now sort of thing) & start treating it like it truly is, just another illness like the flu, a cold, etc....& quit making it out to be this unstoppable deadly force which simply isn't true...
Here's where I may have been wrong though...the Democrats aren't gonna wanna let go of that power they've gotten a taste of...it's evident in pretty much all Democratically-controlled states...& it's just gonna get worse when Biden-Harris take office...they are gonna milk this thing for all it's worth & far too many people are just gonna take it until the "new normal, just becomes normal...
haha for sure dude. They'll probably keep the vaccine from us just so they can keep some power

I just don't know how there are people in the world who actually believe this stuff

First, long time member but new account. Second, recognized yesterday I had lost my ability to taste. Got tested this AM. No other symptoms but had muscle aches on Tuesday. Not sure, but prolly the Rona. So, point is.....I wasn’t the least bit concerned about it UNTIL now. I am still not “concerned” about it, BUTTTT I am now worried about possibly getting someone else sick who gets someone else sick who actually is affected and dies or struggles, and I gotta tell ya.....the guilt and concern is real. I am a complete hard ass and despise the left but now that I am potentially touched....I get the emotional part of it. Flame away if needed. Take Care folks.

BTW, inability to taste for a fat man is a heart breaker.....lol.
Might want to try to quarantine until you get your test results back. If you have any idea when you might've had contact with somebody else who was infected, you may even want to get tested again before you stop quarantining. And even if you test negative, you might want to be careful about being around other people for a bit because you can sometimes test negative even if you're infected if you were infected recently.

Reactions: yamatoby2375
also idk how to link old posts but here's a quote from you in a masters thread, took me about 5 seconds to find. Two massively wrong statements in here

"Well, the election will be over before the Masters takes place which means the pandemic will have ended & riots will be taking place in all the major cities across the country protesting Trump's landslide victory so I don't see why those of us with tickets can't go to the Masters this year. "

LOL

also idk how to link old posts but here's a quote from you in a masters thread, took me about 5 seconds to find. Two massively wrong statements in here

"Well, the election will be over before the Masters takes place which means the pandemic will have ended & riots will be taking place in all the major cities across the country protesting Trump's landslide victory so I don't see why those of us with tickets can't go to the Masters this year. "

LOL
I always wondered if people who said stuff like that actually meant it, or if it was some sort of chest beating thing- almost like trash talk- that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. Either way, I wish I could have the level of confidence in the future that people who believe in conspiracies have.

Might want to try to quarantine until you get your test results back. If you have any idea when you might've had contact with somebody else who was infected, you may even want to get tested again before you stop quarantining. And even if you test negative, you might want to be careful about being around other people for a bit because you can sometimes test negative even if you're infected if you were infected recently.
Yeah that’s the plan. Didn’t think I insinuated otherwise. I’m not going anywhere.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
more cases and hospitalizations yesterday than any day since the start of it. Using numbers and facts.

And you still skate admitting you were wrong. Admitting being wrong is a sign of maturity and intellect, I know you can do it!
statistical evidence is only real when it proves election fraud.

Reactions: DaBadass and ddot7
That sucks man, hope you stay healthy & safe and get better soon

That said, and I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but are we gonna get a new thread every single time somebody here comes down with it?

It's probably safer if we quarantine each TI Covid case to its own individual thread. That way we're able to monitor it better and less members will potentially get sick.

more cases and hospitalizations yesterday than any day since the start of it. Using numbers and facts.

And you still skate admitting you were wrong. Admitting being wrong is a sign of maturity and intellect, I know you can do it!

I was right about Covid all along. This country needs to make good health a priority. I pray for any affected harshly by any sickness.

Thanks for dodging speaking of your experience.

Reactions: Essolover4
I was right about Covid all along. This country needs to make good health a priority. I pray for any affected harshly by any sickness.

Thanks for dodging speaking of your experience.
hahahahaha

Here's an L for ya

And I haven't had it. I am not self-centered like you and don't base my feelings on the situation only on what I myself have experienced. I am young and healthy. I would be fine. But I'm smart enough to realize that it impacts other people, and have the ability to think of the consequences to others, unlike you. Who continues to spew this nonsense in a thread where people were discussing losing loved ones. What kind of person does that?

haha for sure dude. They'll probably keep the vaccine from us just so they can keep some power

I just don't know how there are people in the world who actually believe this stuff
Wait til you have to provide proof that you've been vaccinated to go in certain businesses, use certain services, etc...the control won't end with a vaccine...

Wait til you have to provide proof that you've been vaccinated to go in certain businesses, use certain services, etc...the control won't end with a vaccine...
seems pretty logical and easy to me

Care to respond about your old quote or are you gonna dodge that one?

LOL
Lol...if you can't tell I was joking then I don't know what to tell you...

But honestly, what did I say that was wrong? We all know the Dems stole the election that Trump probably won by a pretty large margin...if not for that, all the liberal dingbats would've forgot about Covid to do their nightly riots instead....if one of these judges ever has the balls to actually take a closer look at one of these cases, this may still happen...
If not though, we'll all be begging Trump to run again in 2024....just hope the country won't be too far gone by then....

Lol...if you can't tell I was joking then I don't know what to tell you...

But honestly, what did I say that was wrong? We all know the Dems stole the election that Trump probably won by a pretty large margin...if not for that, all the liberal dingbats would've forgot about Covid to do their nightly riots instead....if one of these judges ever has the balls to actually take a closer look at one of these cases, this may still happen...
If not though, we'll all be begging Trump to run again in 2024....just hope the country won't be too far gone by then....
holy crap these people actually exist!

My wife has been without taste and smell since July.

I feel terrible for her and honestly I don’t think she gets it back.

I don’t think we as guys get it but she gets heartbroken she can’t smell our newborn
I’m sorry man. I pray she gets it back.

hahahahaha

Here's an L for ya

And I haven't had it. I am not self-centered like you and don't base my feelings on the situation only on what I myself have experienced. I am young and healthy. I would be fine. But I'm smart enough to realize that it impacts other people, and have the ability to think of the consequences to others, unlike you. Who continues to spew this nonsense in a thread where people were discussing losing loved ones. What kind of person does that?

You not having it is funny, but you’re the expert. I imagine you’re the white millennial telling a black person how to think.

You’ll get there.

You not having it is funny, but you’re the expert. I imagine you’re the white millennial telling a black person how to think.

You’ll get there.
I never said I was an expert dude good god. Do you talk about Clemson football? Did you play football for Clemson?

Clearly your experience with it was not bad. Others have been. More than 250k dead. So shut up, stop being such a dick and just say you were wrong

I never said I was an expert dude good god. Do you talk about Clemson football? Did you play football for Clemson?

Clearly your experience with it was not bad. Others have been. More than 250k dead. So shut up, stop being such a dick and just say you were wrong

You still believe 250k died of strictly Covid?

Stay in line, and you’ll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT