ADVERTISEMENT

The shy Trump voter?

It is totally plausible.

I live in a city in a transitional neighborhood. Older people in older homes that have lived here for 40 yrs, people renting an older house from children of deceased parents, upscale condos, mid-low income apartments houses being torn down to make way for new...whatever. A block over there are massage parlors and a block the other way is a mall.

Only signs I see are Biden signs.

I don't have a Trump sign in my yard. Why? Because it's not going to convince anyone and it simply makes me a target for vandalism so I don't put out a sign. But it doesn't mean that my address didn't account for 4 straight-ticket Republican votes.

And that's coming from someone who doesn't really give a shit about what you think about my point of view. I just don't want my property damaged or the asspain that will come along if I end up in the middle of an altercation trying to stop it.

Reactions: clemsontiger02
Interesting article. It’s gonna be an exciting day, one way or the other. Thx for posting.

This line resonated with me:

“We live in a country where people will lie to their accountant, they’ll lie to their doctor, they’ll lie to their priest,” says Cahaly. “And we’re supposed to believe they shed all of that when they get on the telephone with a stranger?”

It is totally plausible.

I live in a city in a transitional neighborhood. Older people in older homes that have lived here for 40 yrs, people renting an older house from children of deceased parents, upscale condos, mid-low income apartments houses being torn down to make way for new...whatever. A block over there are massage parlors and a block the other way is a mall.

Only signs I see are Biden signs.

I don't have a Trump sign in my yard. Why? Because it's not going to convince anyone and it simply makes me a target for vandalism so I don't put out a sign. But it doesn't mean that my address didn't account for 4 straight-ticket Republican votes.

And that's coming from someone who doesn't really give a shit about what you think about my point of view. I just don't want my property damaged or the asspain that will come along if I end up in the middle of an altercation trying to stop it.
Same, but I live in Charlotte, NC with tons of Trump Pence signs in my neighborhood and I voted Biden. I just hope after the election for some decency. I doubt it will happen either way, but I hope for it.

Same, but I live in Charlotte, NC with tons of Trump Pence signs in my neighborhood and I voted Biden. I just hope after the election for some decency. I doubt it will happen either way, but I hope for it.
This is my biggest fear. Regardless of the outcome, I'm pretty nervous about the visceral reactions.

@Cocks are Number 1, this made me think of you. We'll know the truth soon enough.

this is possible. I listened to a podcast about David duke recently and they talked about the “silent majority” that got him elected. People were embarrassed to say that they were going to vote for a racist when polled, but did vote for him come Election Day. Seems very similar to what we might be seeing here.

that said, I still think Biden wins the election. The polls were not as off as people said last time. 538 had clinton winning by about 3.5%, and she actually won the popular vote by 2%. But she lost some swing states by razor thin margins.

trump will do everything he can to nullify the results and steal the election. He has already said as much. Hell, he tried to discredit the election that he won.

Reactions: yoshi121374
this is possible. I listened to a podcast about David duke recently and they talked about the “silent majority” that got him elected. People were embarrassed to say that they were going to vote for a racist when polled, but did vote for him come Election Day. Seems very similar to what we might be seeing here.

that said, I still think Biden wins the election. The polls were not as off as people said last time. 538 had clinton winning by about 3.5%, and she actually won the popular vote by 2%. But she lost some swing states by razor thin margins.

trump will do everything he can to nullify the results and steal the election. He has already said as much. Hell, he tried to discredit the election that he won.

I think it will be close, but to hear a Dem talking about "stealing" an election after the last 4 years of Democrat actions to nullify an election and years beyond that of turning supposed impartial government agencies like the IRS into political arms is beyond amusing.

Also a dem associating with the party of racism and supporting a candidate whom his own running mate called racist, and who opposed bussing, told blacks that if they didn't vote for him that they weren't black, who was a leading figure in the attempted, "high tech lynching" of Justice Clarence Thomas, associated with racists like Sharpton, Jackson and others....referencing David Duke?

Wow.

Last edited:
I think it will be close, but to hear a Dem talking about "stealing" an election after the last 4 years of Democrat actions to nullify an election and years beyond that of turning supposed impartial government agencies like the IRS into political arms is beyond amusing.

Also a dem associating with the party of racism and supporting a candidate whom his own running mate called racist, and who opposed bussing, told blacks that if they didn't vote for him that they weren't black, who was a leading figure in the attempted, "high tech lynching" of Justice Clarence Thomas, associated with racists like Sharpton, Jackson and others....referencing David Duke?

Wow.

@nytigerfan is blinded by something, as if Trump stole his girlfriend. His dog... something.

And yes, he amuses us all.

Wow.
Right its almost as if you think people can't change. Biden worked for a black guy for 8 years and people see that relationship as proof of his scruples. Trump actively dog whistles to white supremacists in the present day. So if you are playing the: he's a racist card, its not a winning argument for Trump.
Trump's Charlottesville reaction and statements might be the most racist and divisive I've seen from a president since I've been a voting person.

Right its almost as if you think people can't change. Biden worked for a black guy for 8 years and people see that relationship as proof of his scruples. Trump actively dog whistles to white supremacists in the present day. So if you are playing the: he's a racist card, its not a winning argument for Trump.
Trump's Charlottesville reaction and statements might be the most racist and divisive I've seen from a president since I've been a voting person.

you must not remember biden in the 80s.....

him an ol robert byrd were tools

i remember when the joe tried to run for president in the 80s.

he was a golden child like clinton.

after 2 months in the limelight

even those democrats knew he was a liar, a crook, and a conman

he had to drop out decause his own party couldnt trust him.

fast forward 30 years and he is their saviour

a little fishy huh

you must not remember biden in the 80s.....

him an ol robert byrd were tools
ITs like you can't really read or something. I said you all act like people can't change. Trump is actively dog whistling to white supremacists ... in the present. Whats your response to that?

Wow.

1. I am definitely very educated, so thank you. I am also a student of history so I know that both parties go after the sitting president if he is not in theirs. You must not remember when the pubs in congress hired their own special counsel to investigate everything about Clinton for four years. They eventually got him for lying about getting a blow job and impeached him. You must not remember a certain orange, obese reality TV game show host leading the birtherism charge against Obama while was in office.

2. The republican party is the party of racism. 100 years ago? No. But now? Yes. I could provide 100 examples to prove this, but I simply son't have the time.

3. Thank you. Being called "over educated" by your ilk is the greatest compliment. I'll keep reading. You, @Cocks are Number 1 , @TigerGrowls and @appalachiatiger can keep getting your news from Hannity and Lou Dobbs. Thank you for not including me in your group. I mean that.

1. I am definitely very educated, so thank you. I am also a student of history so I know that both parties go after the sitting president if he is not in theirs. You must not remember when the pubs in congress hired their own special counsel to investigate everything about Clinton for four years. They eventually got him for lying about getting a blow job and impeached him. You must not remember a certain orange, obese reality TV game show host leading the birtherism charge against Obama while was in office.

2. The republican party is the party of racism. 100 years ago? No. But now? Yes. I could provide 100 examples to prove this, but I simply son't have the time.

3. Thank you. Being called "over educated" by your ilk is the greatest compliment. I'll keep reading. You, @Cocks are Number 1 , @TigerGrowls and @appalachiatiger can keep getting your news from Hannity and Lou Dobbs. Thank you for not including me in your group. I mean that.

Come on now. Please do not get your feelings hurt. We will be here to console you after 11/3.

ITs like you can't really read or something. I said you all act like people can't change. Trump is actively dog whistling to white supremacists ... in the present. Whats your response to that?

ummmm

we have emails and financial trails that the FBI is actively investigating.

we have seen actual video of him in a quid pro quo

joe biden hasnt changed

he actually has gotten worse

thats just my view

you may not believe the emails

you may think that video is doctored

i dont

sorry

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
ummmm

we have emails and financial trails that the FBI is actively investigating.

we have seen actual video of him in a quid pro quo

joe biden hasnt changed

he actually has gotten worse

thats just my view

you may not believe the emails

you may think that video is doctored

i dont

sorry
oh so your response is to change the subject. got it

1- Clinton got off easy.

2- Racism is not seclusive to any one political party.

3- "over educated" is not a compliment.

I remember when you guys called TRUMP a anti semite.

after a few months reality sank in, how can trump be anti jew when his daughter married a jew

and then trump blessed his jewish grandson

but yet you guys swore up and down he hated jews

took about 6 months for reality to set in to some of you guys

then the xenophobia

then the racism claim

all LIES guys

all LIES

Reactions: HumasButthole

Aren't you the one who calls people unamerican for trivial takes? Calling Trump out for his racist takes isn't dramatic.

Since you seem to not understand how the Dems/media have created this lie, here is the full quote where he condemns the neo-Nazis and white nationalists. After months of rioting this summer, Seems like Trump was on to something about the Antifa people there.

“You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.”

Since you seem to not understand how the Dems/media have created this lie, here is the full quote where he condemns the neo-Nazis and white nationalists. After months of rioting this summer, Seems like Trump was on to something about the Antifa people there.

“You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.”

hey here is a former antifa member

he specifically points out teachers he had in school who hated america and spent alot of classtime NOT teaching what they are suppose to

he also talks about CNN and how they targeted him

EX ANTIFA member becomes AMERICAN

ADVERTISEMENT