ADVERTISEMENT

There Is No ‘Trumpism’ Without Trump

.... you might want to do a little research there buddy.
I am just stating correctly that if a majority of republicans and citizens in general are done with Trump then he will disappear off the national scene in the fairly near future.

I of course do not believe that to be the case.

The entire article gives me chills - and not the good kind.

I cannot think of anything more un-American than waking up everyday believing that the future of this nation rests with one man.
He means some men have the skill, knowledge, and clout to get it done, and some don't. We are a republic, so one man does not have sole control, but one man does provide the leadership to put our country back on the right track. This is not to advocate for Trump but to clarify the "one man" reference.

He means some men have the skill, knowledge, and clout to get it done, and some don't. We are a republic, so one man does not have sole control, but one man does provide the leadership to put our country back on the right track. This is not to advocate for Trump but to clarify the "one man" reference.

That's not what he is saying at all. His entire premise is that not a single person (he scoffs at DeSantis, Haley and others) can execute the America First agenda that he believes can save our country, but Donald Trump. So his belief is not even in the policies, but in the man. Basically, if Trump dies tomorrow, the writer believes America is doomed.

Reactions: yoshi121374
All repub voters that have soured on Trump please read this. There is no current replacement for Trump. The people that say they want DeSantis tickle me because while supposedly hating Trump they profess to like the current political figure doing the best job of trying to imitate Trump. No one knows what needs to be done like Trump and he will get it done if given a second chance.

Gavin Wax
Gavin Wax | Feb 19, 2023
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

37883255-8ab9-4a89-ba79-eb6e01bb9336-1052x615.png

AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell

There has been a lot of talk about dangerous tropes in politics in recent months, especially from my fellow conservatives.

And while I empathize with some of their concerns, I must shine a light on the most dangerous trope in contemporary political discourse: Trumpism without Trump.

Many ostensibly right-wing political commentators are vocally pining for Trumpism without Trump. They want to retain most of the America First policy proposals he brought to the fore along with the momentum and enthusiasm he garnered with his unprecedented rise through the GOP, but they want to retire the former President and keep him on the sidelines where his controversial musings and magnetic persona will not dominate the public conversation.

When Sen. Mitch McConnell and others defunded candidates in battleground states who had winnable seats, they did so as a demoralization tactic meant to stop the rise of America First and bolster the Uniparty. The establishment-backed notion of Trumpism without Trump is a dangerously insidious fallacy because the America First movement relies on Trump’s bold and energizing personality; Trump is the sole figure to emerge as our nation’s champion, and his movement represents the last chance for Americans to avert total despair. America First cannot survive without him.

The personal, emotional relationship between Trump and his base cannot be understated. Without Trump as the candidate in 2024, at least a million of his supporters will stay home and refuse to vote Republican. They hate the system, know how they are being screwed, and rightly believe that most politicians in both major parties should be given the boot. They only trust one candidate: Trump. These voters are the forgotten men and women of this country; they put Trump in office in 2016, and losing them will assure losses in any election moving forward.

If Trumpism disappears, the Republican Party will fall back into the Bush-era neoconservatism of old. This toxic ideology means open borders, placating illegal immigrants, and offering watered-down liberalism to win over the votes of new demographics as the founding stock of Americans is washed away. To Bush-era neoconservatives, social issues are only worth considering when they can be exploited to keep the base voting Republican. To the neocons, Christian values are nothing but a canard leveraged intermittently to trick voters into supporting a foreign policy of imperial conquest.

Republican constituents and ordinary Americans may hate the transactional, power-driven Republican Party of the Bush-era, but it is beloved by corporate interests. This ideology pays lip service to small government ideals while showering billions in welfare to wealthy and privileged donors. This is the ideology of outsourcing jobs to China, disenfranchising the working class, lauding such actions as successes of the free market, and then giving taxpayer-funded bailouts to banksters to reward their hostile and predatory practices.

Before Trump, this was the Republican way, and there was no severe pushback aside from gadflies like former Texas Congressman Ron Paul and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, both of whom amassed larger-than-expected followings on the back of grassroots’ disgust with the neocon status quo. Paul and Palin’s crusades were righteous and laudable, but they lacked the ability to command a large, nationwide following of mainstream Americans to oppose the political establishment.

Enter Donald Trump.

Trump answered the prayers of millions of Americans and delivered on his mandate, unlike any president in modern history. Anti-American forces want us to retreat and moderate ourselves in response to the greatest assault on liberty in this nation’s history. The Republican Party’s fifth column of enemies within is smiling at the thought. Former House Speaker Paul Ryan said that Trumpism is over and a more responsible conservatism is coming to replace it. What does that responsible conservatism entail? Accepting the necessity of carbon taxes in order to cut Social Security benefits for seniors.

The potential challengers to Trump’s 2024 presidential nomination are all establishment-approved, and corporate interests have no doubt that the entirety of the field can be co-opted and used to push Republican politics back to the dark ages of Bush-ism.

As effective a governor as Ron DeSantis has been in Florida, he is woefully ill-equipped to carry the banner America First in Trump’s stead. DeSantis is far weaker than Trump on three key issues: trade, foreign policy, and the Deep State. Alongside immigration, these comprise the core of Trump’s America First mandate. This is why the RINO establishment is fine with DeSantis being the 2024 nominee, even though his pseudo-Trumpian style is a bit of a turn-off to them.

Other wannabe candidates such as former Vice President Mike Pence, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley, former National Security Advisor John Bolton, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Senator Tim Scott are barely worth mentioning. They pose no more of a threat to Trump’s resurgence than the likes of former Ohio Gov. John Kasich and the many others whom Trump humiliated in 2016. They will merely get Trump warmed up to devastate the Democrats in the general election–a light meze before the main course. DeSantis is the only threat, and because he has shamelessly expropriated Trumpism, the establishment feels that he is uniquely suited to undermine Trump’s resurgence in Republican and national politics.

The America First movement must remain intact for generations to come, and with demographic realities coming into focus, this future is far from a given. There are nascent organizations supporting America First values and hammering a message of the steps we must take to restore our nation, like American Virtue, Republicans for National Renewal, Precinct Strategy, and the Bull Moose Project, but these groups are in their infancy. Many other organizations expropriate the branding of America First. They are simply shell organizations for the same old grifter class that has reinvented itself to continue lining its pockets from the evolving movement.

Conservative Inc. legacy groups continue to exist and still wield an uncomfortable amount of influence because of the immense amount of money behind them. These organizations exist to suppress the activist base, remove populism from GOP politics, and put the Republican Party back on the establishment reservation. They strive to convince Republican voters to support policies against their own interests, and they cannot be underestimated. For a recent shameful example, just look at how many conservatives were riled up to support another endless war between Russia and Ukraine to protect Hunter Biden’s drug money spot.

This is a tenuous time for our movement, and we need our leader now more than ever to shepherd us through. Accepting Trumpism without Trump, succumbing to the controlled opposition propaganda, and going quietly into the night with America First is a national suicide pact. In essence, there is no turning back. The war is already on. The escalations are too much to ignore. We are in an existential fight for our society, our values, our civilization, and our very reality. We will rise and fall with this man and be rewarded for the honor of our strength and loyalty no matter how 2024 ends.

No Trumpism without Trump. Do you promise?

You sure about that? What if he wins enough of the winner-take-all GOP primaries by snagging a plurality of those voters?

Getting ~30% of a group that compromises less than half of the overall voting population can make him the nominee, and it would have nothing to do with the majority of Americans being done with him.
If he wins the repub nomination then it's obvious that he still has a huge amount of support and I feel he will do well.

If he wins the repub nomination then it's obvious that he still has a huge amount of support and I feel he will do well.
YOU AREN'T LISTENING

"Last night in Wisconsin was an early test of the power of our Country First movement and the power of Donald Trump.

I’m proud to say we were victorious!

In the GOP Primary for Wisconsin State Senate District 8, Donald Trump endorsed and put the full weight of his MAGA extremists behind his favorite Wisconsin Election Denier: Janel Brandtjen. For the last two years, Brandtjen has been carrying Trump's water in Wisconsin, pushing some of the most absurd 2020 election conspiracies out there. And what did Brandtjen earn for her efforts? The "coveted" Trump endorsement and support. In fact, in his endorsement, Trump specifically called me out by name. And then... Brandtjen lost big last night.

Ss9zBBT8w5SnjJ4F0AK4hdhJMs-gUnlnoXpVv_KX535qnFGhtruEjcgqwET6jU7wdCaTNi5o-bZHLpcBACNcSmSDoUsEAHvNRmK0YcX6XRBhFxzI5bM8Swb2WSsHmmMzcHi332tZvocoUg_5zcTih45SsBptgF_VVFizqJk9HWUTmwLXN8U5g-W2aEw-_FfNJ1-0f28=s0-d-e1-ft

What Brandtjen didn't understand, what MAGA extremists don't understand, and what Trump's ego is clearly incapable of understanding is that there is a Reasonable Majority dedicated to defending democracy. And because of you and the entire Country First Movement, democracy passed another test yesterday.

Last night is just another example of what we can accomplish together. Country First invested early and heavy in this race to oppose Brandtjen’s anti-democracy candidacy in a battleground state. And we will continue to be at the forefront of taking-on and taking-out those who threaten the democracy that underpins our great American republic. We won’t win every race, but right now, the score for 2023 is Country First 1 and Donald Trump 0. Our mission continues, victory will come, and democracy must prevail!

And we can do it, together."

Country First,

Adam Kinzinger

YOU AREN'T LISTENING

"Last night in Wisconsin was an early test of the power of our Country First movement and the power of Donald Trump.

I’m proud to say we were victorious!

In the GOP Primary for Wisconsin State Senate District 8, Donald Trump endorsed and put the full weight of his MAGA extremists behind his favorite Wisconsin Election Denier: Janel Brandtjen. For the last two years, Brandtjen has been carrying Trump's water in Wisconsin, pushing some of the most absurd 2020 election conspiracies out there. And what did Brandtjen earn for her efforts? The "coveted" Trump endorsement and support. In fact, in his endorsement, Trump specifically called me out by name. And then... Brandtjen lost big last night.

Ss9zBBT8w5SnjJ4F0AK4hdhJMs-gUnlnoXpVv_KX535qnFGhtruEjcgqwET6jU7wdCaTNi5o-bZHLpcBACNcSmSDoUsEAHvNRmK0YcX6XRBhFxzI5bM8Swb2WSsHmmMzcHi332tZvocoUg_5zcTih45SsBptgF_VVFizqJk9HWUTmwLXN8U5g-W2aEw-_FfNJ1-0f28=s0-d-e1-ft

What Brandtjen didn't understand, what MAGA extremists don't understand, and what Trump's ego is clearly incapable of understanding is that there is a Reasonable Majority dedicated to defending democracy. And because of you and the entire Country First Movement, democracy passed another test yesterday.

Last night is just another example of what we can accomplish together. Country First invested early and heavy in this race to oppose Brandtjen’s anti-democracy candidacy in a battleground state. And we will continue to be at the forefront of taking-on and taking-out those who threaten the democracy that underpins our great American republic. We won’t win every race, but right now, the score for 2023 is Country First 1 and Donald Trump 0. Our mission continues, victory will come, and democracy must prevail!

And we can do it, together."

Country First,

Adam Kinzinger
Its disturbing that you felt the need to put this here. Part of that terminal TDS you have. I have clearly said that if the country is done with him then he will lose and be back into private life.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016 and AugTig
Its disturbing that you felt the need to put this here. Part of that terminal TDS you have. I have clearly said that if the country is done with him then he will lose and be back into private life.
Disturbing is your insane 24/7 obsession with supporting the most amoral, corrupt politician in American political history. America has repeatedly made it clear, including last night in Wisconsin, that we hate the man and everything he stands for - yet you persist in shoving him down our throats. Get over him please for god's sake

Disturbing is your insane 24/7 obsession with supporting the most amoral, corrupt politician in American political history. America has repeatedly made it clear, including last night in Wisconsin, that we hate the man and everything he stands for - yet you persist in shoving him down our throats. Get over him please for god's sake
Seriously?? The majority of your posts are about DJT- TDS without a doubt. Your “we” is not America. Hate the man all you want but your opinion really doesn’t matter and neither does mine. Save your bs response with election results. I know the tally and in my opinion, it’s BS just like the “insurrection”. I hope and pray that our great country will wake up one day sooner than later and realize that the country is going in the wrong direction. Very little chance that you will be part of that awakening and that’s ok. Btw, the only person that is shoving DJT down our throats is you with your absurd amount of posts. Get over yourself and get a hobby outside of politics.

Seriously?? The majority of your posts are about DJT- TDS without a doubt. Your “we” is not America. Hate the man all you want but your opinion really doesn’t matter and neither does mine. Save your bs response with election results. I know the tally and in my opinion, it’s BS just like the “insurrection”. I hope and pray that our great country will wake up one day sooner than later and realize that the country is going in the wrong direction. Very little chance that you will be part of that awakening and that’s ok. Btw, the only person that is shoving DJT down our throats is you with your absurd amount of posts. Get over yourself and get a hobby outside of politics.
🤣 🤣 I guess you told me! 🤣🤣

I’m rooting for trump big time. Go MAGA go! I know he won’t lose another general in landslide fashion again, will he?

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT