ADVERTISEMENT

There is nothing better than having the Dems

The Republicans did so well the last time they had control of both the House and Senate....

Nothing changes. More gridlock. Obama could not pass anything anyway and the repubs cant override. Will be the same as the last 4 years.

Just more opportunity for conservatives to embarass the Republican Party with their mind bottling stupidity.

Conservatism is the answer. Last time is was tried Reagan won 49 states. Go figure.
Rockefeller or Bush republicans are a recipe for failure. Of course either is way Obama.
First president to ever lose to landslide midterms. Congrats!

Going to be a great november. Democrats and yard birds on the retreat.
o happy for the good guys.

Does it even matter? As long as he has a pen and a phone Obama already stated he could care less what Congress does...........

Yes and it will be fun watching all the dumb-ass liberals from my neck of the woods continue to do nothing as states keep building up horrific state deficits while only surviving purely on the yearly influx thousands of college students keeping our economy afloat. Also love seeing all my left wing crazy friends not even vote due to lack of faith in their party.

Just glad my homestate of Georgia didn't turn Blue.

I was worried for a bit that Michelle Nunn (holy shit she is so ugly it hurts) would win. Classy move by Deal to give a shout out to Mack Burgess (RIP)

Originally posted by andcam:
Nothing changes. More gridlock. Obama could not pass anything anyway and the repubs cant override. Will be the same as the last 4 years.
The only thing that matters is that we ensure no absurd long term financial commitments that people can't afford will be coming out of Congress. That should let everybody sleep a little easier. Democrats scare me a lot more than Republicans ever will.

Originally posted by Earle36:
Conservatism is the answer. Last time is was tried Reagan won 49 states. Go figure.
Rockefeller or Bush republicans are a recipe for failure. Of course either is way Obama.
What?

Very interesting overlap among states voting Republican and where the best college football teams reside.

Originally posted by dbjork6317:

What?
He's either an idiot and or he's...well, yeah, idiot.

This happens pretty much every time you have a President who sits for two terms. Human nature and all....nobody is ever satisfied.

Originally posted by GaTiger04Ever:

What?
He's either an idiot and or he's...well, yeah, idiot.

This happens pretty much every time you have a President who sits for two terms. Human nature and all....nobody is ever satisfied.
Probably something he heard from Hannity.

Republicans can overspend in the short term. Crippling financial legislation only comes from one side of the isle though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by MillerHighLife21:

Originally posted by andcam:
The only thing that matters is that we ensure no absurd long term financial commitments that people can't afford will be coming out of Congress. That should let everybody sleep a little easier. Democrats scare me a lot more than Republicans ever will.
I agree with you! No more war and no more cuts to the top marginal tax rate!

For sure, there will be real oversight of the absolute lawlessness of the executive branch. That alone should make everyone rest easier.

Hopefully the R's will put forth a Constitutional balance budget amendment now.

Originally posted by MillerHighLife21:
Republicans can overspend in the short term. Crippling financial legislation only comes from one side of the isle though.
You mean like the crippling loopholes the republicans slipped into bank regulations that led to the worst financial crisis since the great depression.

This post was edited on 11/5 2:28 AM by marshmk

This post was edited on 11/5 2:28 AM by marshmk

That problem actually was with Clinton along with Greenspan.

Check out the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act ... The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

Originally posted by Reel Time:
That problem actually was with Clinton along with Greenspan.

Check out the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act ... The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
Keep going back Reel Time, it's waaay before Clinton was even thought of. The Glass Steagall Act was a dog and pony show to decide just how much banks can legally steal from people out in the "open", nothing more nothing less.

It's funny when people post and go at each other, Republican vs. Democrat, as if they are making a "difference" based on who they vote for. I'm surprised Miller posted with a slant towards Rep. and their "better" spending habits, other's post about "balancing" the budget, neither is true because both are mathematically impossible.

So why all the fuss and supposedly joy for actually winning nothing (actually continuing downhill) in the long run?

Originally posted by CUbeatFSU:
The Republicans did so well the last time they had control of both the House and Senate....
WTF can you say of the Muslim abortion in the White House with both Houses his 1st two years? That's right...shoved Obamacare up our ass when the overwhelming majority of people didn't want it.
You can either help to fix this country by being involved, engaged and educated or you can be someone who should STFU.

Wherever your political affiliations lie, you'd have to admit that last night was very significant.

Just more opportunity for conservatives to embarass the Republican Party with their mind bottling stupidity.
Let me guess: liberal?

Originally posted by boosetiger:
and Gamecocks melting down simultaneously! lol
winner-winner-chicken-dinner1_zps2873f262.png

Umm...that's "Mind Boggling" for those of you who speak English as a native language. But I see where you were going with the comment.

Oh, I'd rather have libertarians than Republicans. Compared to democrats though, Republicans are Knights in shining armor. Obamacare, minimum wage, higher taxes...all of these are primary concerns of Democrats and every one of them is a crippling long term financial commitment that guts small businesses and increased unemployment.

For a party of people who consider themselves smart, none of them can do math. Cost of Iraq was huge but those costs eventually shrink and stop. Democratic legislation does not. Just keeps going and going and if you try to stop it your demonized as heartless for trying to fix something that's broken. Medicaid is an ideal example. Medicaid is TERRIBLE. It needs to be replaced with something else that serves the same people in a manner that works. If you mention fixing it though, you are simply demonized as taking away medical care for those who need it most. Medicaid goes out of its way to make it a hassle to accept it.

Originally posted by JRBB:
Umm...that's "Mind Boggling" for those of you who speak English as a native language. But I see where you were going with the comment.
You must be new around here. That and you've obviously never seen Blades of Glory.

"The only thing that matters is that we ensure no absurd long term financial commitments that people can't afford will be coming out of Congress. That should let everybody sleep a little easier. Democrats scare me a lot more than Republicans ever will."

THIS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT