ADVERTISEMENT

This is a good start- admit mistakes

yoshi121374

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Williamston,SC
It was a mistake, they admitted it and tried to get it fixed.

I really like the beginning of the Biden administration. There seems to be a real effort at transparency and honesty. I really hope they can keep this up. It's pretty refreshing

I really like the beginning of the Biden administration. There seems to be a real effort at transparency and honesty. I really hope they can keep this up. It's pretty refreshing

People are going to be surprised. He's one of the genuinely best people I've met in my 18 years in politics, he ran on a platform of being straight with the American people, he's a lot more capable than people give him credit for, and he's got a great team that is determined to show the American people that government can actually be a force for good.

As a pollster, it will be interesting to see if he gets a little polling bump after the first week or two just because he does the obviously proper and human things that Trump and his team never did. Just look at the reaction to Psaki's first press briefing. Even Fox News was astounded at the concept of someone respectfully answering the peoples questions without out lying and belittling anyone with whom they disagreed. There is sooooo much desire to move beyond Trump - I think you won't be the only one who finds Biden to be a breath of fresh air.

The article is behind a pay wall, can you copy and paste it here? Does it say who ordered the removal? To this point they've said it was the Capitol police, so I'm just hoping it wasn't someone in the new admin.
This story makes me physically ill...

The article is behind a pay wall, can you copy and paste it here? Does it say who ordered the removal? To this point they've said it was the Capitol police, so I'm just hoping it wasn't someone in the new admin.
This story makes me physically ill...

Yes, it was the Capitol Police, though it appears it may be more of a misunderstanding than someone doing this on purpose. Either way, it's terrible and never should have happened and if someone did order it, they should face consequences.

From the article:

"He [a NG spokesman] said the troops had been moved out of the Capitol on Thursday afternoon at the request of the Capitol Police because of “increased foot traffic” as Congress came back into session, but a statement from the acting chief of the Capitol Police on Friday sought to distance the beleaguered agency from the decision.

Chief Yogananda Pittman said that the Capitol Police had not told the troops to leave the Capitol except for certain times on Inauguration Day, and that even then, the troops were encouraged to return to the building by 2 p.m. that day. She said the managers of the office building whose parking lot the troops were using had reached out “directly to the National Guard to offer use of its facilities.”

Following the back-and-forth, the National Guard Bureau and the Capitol Police issued a joint statement on Friday afternoon saying they were “united in the common goal to protect the U.S. Capitol and the Congress” but shedding no more light on how or why some of the troops had ended up in the garage."

ADVERTISEMENT