This should be interesting to watch...

TheSweatshirt

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2021
The Great City of San Francisco

Activist fundraises to send Arabic "In God We Trust" signs to Texas schools​

Shawna Chen

A Florida activist is fundraising to donate Arabic "In God We Trust" signs to Texas schools after a state law was enacted to require signs with the U.S. motto in public schools.
Why it matters: Critics have called the statute, which mandates that schools display the signs in a "conspicuous place" if they are donated, an attempt to reinforce Christian nationalist values across the state.
A screenshot of a tweet fundraising for In God We Trust signs written in Arabic for Texas schools.
Photo: Chaz Stevens/Twitter
  • The signs must "contain a representation of the United States flag centered under the national motto and a representation of the state flag." No other words, images or information are allowed.
Driving the news: Chaz Stevens, from Boca Raton, Fla., launched the GoFundMe page this week to "voice our dissent" with the law, according to a message posted on the fundraising platform.
  • He says he plans to flood Texas schools with "hundreds" of donations of Arabic-language "In God We Trust" posters.
  • "[W]e will not be silent while evangelical Christians stomp our collective rights."
By the numbers: The fundraiser, which was first reported by the Dallas Morning News, has raised over $18,000 as of Thursday evening.
The big picture: Several states have passed similar laws requiring the display of the motto in recent years.
  • Opponents argue that such laws impose religion on students and subvert expectations that schools remain secular.

I don't see this as a problem.

1. If the law was intended to promote a religion, then the law will be quickly repealed when folks start talking "Allah".

2. If the law was NOT intended to promote a religion, then there's no problem with the signs.

Win-win.
Honestly why would anyone object to the signs? I'm sure some will, but I don't understand what they could argue.

And this is why I've always been against prayer in schools, specific religious celebrations, etc in school.

It's a great example of "Be careful what you wish for".

An “activist” seeking attention? You dont say! Who cares? Send your signs toots.

What i do hate about her is i have to imagine shes one of those dkheads that never carries cash because…you know…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT