ADVERTISEMENT

"Thoughts and Prayers"

Is calling for a ****ing solution "playing politics"? Because this doesn't happen anywhere else.

Kids. In ****ing school. And nothing is going to change.

I'd like to solution too. You want to deal with objects but what I'm talking about is that we have people in this country who are so broken that they will do this. That speaks volumes about our culture. Taking objects away from people doesn't change what's in their heart. It's hard for me to believe that we can't come together on that irrefutable fact and work together to try to start solving these problems.

This isn't the fault of biden's America or Trump's America or Obama's America. This is 100% about us in our brokenness. It's a matter of willingness to deal with the terrible things that we advocate for and allow to go on in our culture.

I have a son in elementary school. These type of things bring me to tears instantly. I can't imagine the pain of such a horrible situation. I don't want anyone to experience such an unfathomable loss.

Last edited:

Well Senator Murphy you should not be doing anything. We don't need you to solve our cultural problems. We have to solve them ourselves. But you could be a lot less partisan and a lot less toxic on a daily basis and that might help a little bit. Stop trying to stir the pot more so you can gain power over people. That's what I would suggest you do.

Well Senator Murphy you should not be doing anything. We don't need you to solve our cultural problems. We have to solve them ourselves. But you could be a lot less partisan and a lot less toxic on a daily basis and that might help a little bit. Stop trying to stir the pot more so you can gain power over people. That's what I would suggest you do.
🤔

Reactions: dpic73
I'd like to solution too. You want to deal with objects but what I'm talking about is that we have people in this country who are so broken that they will do this. That speaks volumes about our culture. Taking objects away from people doesn't change what's in their heart. It's hard for me to believe that we can't come together on that irrefutable fact and work together to try to start solving these problems.

This isn't the fault of biden's America or Trump's America or Obama's America. This is 100% about us in our brokenness. It's a matter of willingness to deal with the terrible things that we advocate for and allow to go on in our culture.

I have a son in elementary school. These type of things bring me to tears instantly. I can't imagine the pain of such a horrible situation. I don't want anyone to experience such an unfathomable loss.
Good post.

This isn’t Biden’s fault, or any conservative’s.

I understand you disagree with me and that's fine. You have every right to feel however you choose. This is not a political problem. This is a cultural issue in our country. We don't need a more muscular government in a less muscular populace. We need people to be saying and we need to stop painting those we disagree with such horrible ways. We need to recognize the mental health of our society is at a catastrophically bad level. It was just forgotten because of the circumstances but please remember that someone decided to drive a car into a Christmas parade and kill a lot of people last year too. We are sick and until we face it these things will continue to happen.

You're FOS

The only reason I said that is because you politicized it immediately with your sarcastic “thoughts and prayers” subject line. Guns are not the problem but that is the talking point from people who politicize these tragedies. The underlying societal issues and massive mental health and family unit crisis are to blame. I don’t know how we fix it but it makes me sick that people immediately politicize these horrific acts

I understand you disagree with me and that's fine. You have every right to feel however you choose. This is not a political problem. This is a cultural issue in our country. We don't need a more muscular government in a less muscular populace. We need people to be saying and we need to stop painting those we disagree with such horrible ways. We need to recognize the mental health of our society is at a catastrophically bad level. It was just forgotten because of the circumstances but please remember that someone decided to drive a car into a Christmas parade and kill a lot of people last year too. We are sick and until we face it these things will continue to happen.
The guy was pleading that they do something. Anything more than nothing. He didn’t cry for gun control or mental health or drill baby drill…nothing he said was partisan other than when he reached out to GOP peers to please help them do something. Just thought it was interesting how you immediately began to attack him for it. That’s all.

The guy was pleading that they do something. Anything more than nothing. He didn’t cry for gun control or mental health or drill baby drill…nothing he said was partisan other than when he reached out to GOP peers to please help them do something. Just thought it was interesting how you immediately began to attack him for it. That’s all.

I didn't attack him. The question on the Youtube title was "What are we doing?" I answered. That's it. As you started posting, we'll get all these emotional pleas and no one will want to talk about what solutions we could actually put in place that would remedy at least a good portion of this.

Maybe a good first step to take would be to make it much more difficult for these broken people to get guns?

agreed.

DO SOMETHING.

STOP SAYING WE CANT. JUST START SOMEWHERE. DO SOMETHING.

Is that just so you can feel better and assuage your anguish by feeling like you contributed to doing something?

This is very complex. Starting somewhere, doing something isn't a strategy. If we want to actually start limiting all this madness, let's actually have a strategy that can have an impact.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
I didn't attack him. The question on the Youtube title was "What are we doing?" I answered. That's it. As you started posting, we'll get all these emotional pleas and no one will want to talk about what solutions we could actually put in place that would remedy at least a good portion of this.

You. You are the person that is advocating for a solution that won't remedy any of this.

It's you.

Wanna solve the problem? Ban all guns. All of them...then wait 50 years.

Stop glorifying violence and guns. That's the cultural problem, not some insane 'nobody cares about Jesus or our neighbors anymore" idiocy.

Reactions: TheValley91
Is that just so you can feel better and assuage your anguish by feeling like you contributed to doing something?

This is very complex. Starting somewhere, doing something isn't a strategy. If we want to actually start limiting all this madness, let's actually have a strategy that can have an impact.

Every single day of my professional career I've "done something". I don't need to post on a message board to make myself feel better.

It’s too complex a problem to even start solving because the house and congress are owned by the NRA.

“But you could be a lot less partisan and a lot less toxic on a daily basis and that might help a little bit. Stop trying to stir the pot more so you can gain power over people. That's what I would suggest you do.”

Sure comes across as a shot to me…🤔

Can’t even make it slightly harder to get guns without some 40 year old LARPer living at home talking about how they’re necessary to prevent tyranny. How many more need to get killed or die to suicide for someone to say, “Man, maybe having guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a bad idea.”

Reactions: FranktheDank
You. You are the person that is advocating for a solution that won't remedy any of this.

It's you.

Wanna solve the problem? Ban all guns. All of them...then wait 50 years.

Stop glorifying violence and guns. That's the cultural problem, not some insane 'nobody cares about Jesus or our neighbors anymore" idiocy.

Well at least you were clear.

I advocate for a lot of solutions that would remedy a great amount of this.

-Let's start having armed protection at our schools. This would be so simple and solve so many of these issues.
-Let's start actually enforcing the gun laws we do have in place.
-I agree about glorifying violence and guns. I'm all for that and always have been.
-Let's map out ways to deal with the mental health crisis in this country. We've seen what happens when we just take things away and ignore the problems. Things get infinitely worse.

This is a free nation unlike others on this planet. There's a lot of good that's come from those differences. There are also some difficulties and some tragic consequences when we become a society with a hole in its soul. We end up with people... well, people like you I guess.

Taking guns from people who obey the law isn't going to help you with those problems. But let's say you do that and confiscate every weapon. Are you going to defend the border? Right now, it's totally open and we're killing tens of thousands of kids with the drugs we allow to flow over that border. It's really sad we don't care about the steady flow of bodies of our youth as much as we care about what happened today. How are you going to get weapons from gangs? How are you going to defend people from the tyranny of government? After the last 2 years, it's become more obvious than ever there is a massive need for defense against the government.

FWIW, caring about others, loving your neighbor and following the teachings of Jesus would reduce all this by 100% immediately. That's not insane. It's just the right way. I don't like you at all but I do love you and I would do anything I could to help you if you were in need. That's not insane.

“But you could be a lot less partisan and a lot less toxic on a daily basis and that might help a little bit. Stop trying to stir the pot more so you can gain power over people. That's what I would suggest you do.”

Sure comes across as a shot to me…🤔

It's just who he is. It's not a shot to call attention to things he's said. I would say the same thing to Ted Cruz and others on the right who stir people up to the point of having hatred toward folks on the left. We don't need any of it! As for Senator Murphy, he's said a lot of crap and made a lot of seriously toxic statements. He's propagated known lies and distorted things tremendously to the point where people who listen to him think we have some kind of threat against our democratic way of life. Those are the kinds of things we don't need any longer.

It's just who he is. It's not a shot to call attention to things he's said. I would say the same thing to Ted Cruz and others on the right who stir people up to the point of having hatred toward folks on the left. We don't need any of it! As for Senator Murphy, he's said a lot of crap and made a lot of seriously toxic statements. He's propagated known lies and distorted things tremendously to the point where people who listen to him think we have some kind of threat against our democratic way of life. Those are the kinds of things we don't need any longer.
I don’t think he did any of that during that speech.

Reactions: emajor2
There’s a lot we can change, but your side won’t go for anything except making “assault rifles” illegal

Let us know when you guys are serious about a solution
Hard to do anything in this country when there are troglodytes like you whose loyalty to your side and its god leader extend well beyond the country you claim to love

Well at least you were clear.

I advocate for a lot of solutions that would remedy a great amount of this.

-Let's start having armed protection at our schools. This would be so simple and solve so many of these issues.
-Let's start actually enforcing the gun laws we do have in place.
-I agree about glorifying violence and guns. I'm all for that and always have been.
-Let's map out ways to deal with the mental health crisis in this country. We've seen what happens when we just take things away and ignore the problems. Things get infinitely worse.

This is a free nation unlike others on this planet. There's a lot of good that's come from those differences. There are also some difficulties and some tragic consequences when we become a society with a hole in its soul. We end up with people... well, people like you I guess.

Taking guns from people who obey the law isn't going to help you with those problems. But let's say you do that and confiscate every weapon. Are you going to defend the border? Right now, it's totally open and we're killing tens of thousands of kids with the drugs we allow to flow over that border. It's really sad we don't care about the steady flow of bodies of our youth as much as we care about what happened today. How are you going to get weapons from gangs? How are you going to defend people from the tyranny of government? After the last 2 years, it's become more obvious than ever there is a massive need for defense against the government.

FWIW, caring about others, loving your neighbor and following the teachings of Jesus would reduce all this by 100% immediately. That's not insane. It's just the right way. I don't like you at all but I do love you and I would do anything I could to help you if you were in need. That's not insane.
If these people followed Jesus they wouldn’t shoot up schools.

It’s clear there need to be a licensing process for guns.

Little children are dead. It will happen again. No solutions in sight because we aren't allowed to discuss the actual issue, because it is a non starter with some.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Thoughts and prayers as a JOKE response isn't political. Its making fun of those that think it does anything. If anything thats a jab at religion not politics. But yah same SSDD.

If these people followed Jesus they wouldn’t shoot up schools.

It’s clear there need to be a licensing process for guns.

That still wouldn't resolve these issues. Take a little time and review how the shooters obtained their weapons. Almost always there's some kind of error or inefficiency at the government level. A lot of times people ignore the signs or there are things that could have been done which weren't. Many times the weapons were legally obtained or taken from someone else who wasn't being vigilant. More laws wouldn't help in most of these cases. Banning weapons isn't realistic so we need to find other ways forward. Mentally healthy people don't do these kinds of things.

That still wouldn't resolve these issues. Take a little time and review how the shooters obtained their weapons. Almost always there's some kind of error or inefficiency at the government level. A lot of times people ignore the signs or there are things that could have been done which weren't. Many times the weapons were legally obtained or taken from someone else who wasn't being vigilant. More laws wouldn't help in most of these cases. Banning weapons isn't realistic so we need to find other ways forward. Mentally healthy people don't do these kinds of things.
I didn’t say ban, I said license. Have certain requirements to own guns. I know it won’t be perfect, but it’ll help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT