ADVERTISEMENT

TI Official Democratic Debate In-Game Thread

giphy.gif

Reactions: 24TIGER
I am still wondering why the Dems are holding debates to help Trump get re-elected

I didn't watch but doesn't it seem a bit early to be holding these debates? When is the primary?

Didn't realize Pete B had been in the navy. What he did and where have been discussed but if he served he has my respect, though maybe not my vote. I generally lean conservative but I'm not married to it.

Tulsi Gabbard:
ScreenHunter-1478-696x752.jpg

giphy.gif

Supposedly Gabbard also bitch-slapped Harris pretty good too.

I still think the Dem's best chance is Biden. People have fond memories of Obama (liberal and moderate anyway) and Biden is a moderate.

I didn't watch but doesn't it seem a bit early to be holding these debates? When is the primary?

Didn't realize Pete B had been in the navy. What he did and where have been discussed but if he served he has my respect, though maybe not my vote. I generally lean conservative but I'm not married to it.

Tulsi Gabbard:
ScreenHunter-1478-696x752.jpg

giphy.gif

Supposedly Gabbard also bitch-slapped Harris pretty good too.

I still think the Dem's best chance is Biden. People have fond memories of Obama (liberal and moderate anyway) and Biden is a moderate.
I honestly think Buttigieg might be the most electable of the group. I know he spent some time in Afghanistan. This is from his wiki:

He deployed to Afghanistan for seven months in 2014.While deployed, Buttigieg was part of a unit assigned to identify and disrupt terrorist finance networks. Part of this was done at Bagram Air Base, but he also worked as an armed driver for his commander on over 100 trips into Kabul. Buttigieg has jokingly called this role "military Uber"

I honestly think Buttigieg might be the most electable of the group. I know he spent some time in Afghanistan. This is from his wiki:

He deployed to Afghanistan for seven months in 2014.While deployed, Buttigieg was part of a unit assigned to identify and disrupt terrorist finance networks. Part of this was done at Bagram Air Base, but he also worked as an armed driver for his commander on over 100 trips into Kabul. Buttigieg has jokingly called this role "military Uber"

Maybe. Right, wrong, or indifferent - the gay thing will be an issue in both the primary and the general. More in the general. Though it could work to his advantage if Trump goes on one of his Twitter tirades about him.

I haven't looked into his politics much but he does seem better than most of what they have up there. Yang also seems to have a functioning brain and thinks about his positions - even if I don't agree with them.

But Tulsi Gabbard..........:D:D (see my previous post).

There is some question about his service vs his claims - apparently he claimed last night he had fired his weapon at the enemy or something whereas some are saying (with dubious evidence) that he didn't. Dunno. No idea if true (whether he made the claim or if it's true). I do respect his service regardless.

IMO it seems too early for these debates - though Iowa's primary is in February. BTW - this whole Primary system is tremendously messed up.

But the Dems are making the same mistake the Republicans made in 2016 - too many candidates. Personally if I were the DNC I'd consider tossing Bernie because he's in the senate as an independent. By the time the later primaries roll around, many of the candidates will have washed out. Including hopefully Booker and Harris. Those two are nuts.

I typically vote R in full disclosure. I did vote for Trump (more against Hillary) in the general but not the primary in 2016.

Jeez - I meant to write a response, not a manifesto!

Maybe. Right, wrong, or indifferent - the gay thing will be an issue in both the primary and the general. More in the general. Though it could work to his advantage if Trump goes on one of his Twitter tirades about him.

I haven't looked into his politics much but he does seem better than most of what they have up there. Yang also seems to have a functioning brain and thinks about his positions - even if I don't agree with them.

But Tulsi Gabbard..........:D:D (see my previous post).

There is some question about his service vs his claims - apparently he claimed last night he had fired his weapon at the enemy or something whereas some are saying (with dubious evidence) that he didn't. Dunno. No idea if true (whether he made the claim or if it's true). I do respect his service regardless.

IMO it seems too early for these debates - though Iowa's primary is in February. BTW - this whole Primary system is tremendously messed up.

But the Dems are making the same mistake the Republicans made in 2016 - too many candidates. Personally if I were the DNC I'd consider tossing Bernie because he's in the senate as an independent. By the time the later primaries roll around, many of the candidates will have washed out. Including hopefully Booker and Harris. Those two are nuts.

I typically vote R in full disclosure. I did vote for Trump (more against Hillary) in the general but not the primary in 2016.

Jeez - I meant to write a response, not a manifesto!
We agree on virtually every point you made here!

ADVERTISEMENT