ADVERTISEMENT

Time for South Carolina to be like Texas and Reopen the state.

Outside of the 11pm bar curfew, that has now been removed, what in SC has been closed? Have spent most of the last year in Columbia and Charleston. The bars here are full capacity, mostly no mask requirements and it does not have the feel of a pandemic.

I know it is county by county or city by city rules, but the last few months have felt like I live in America again

170520karen.jpg

A few more weeks with the current trend and any elected official who knows what is good for them won’t be able to stand in the way of the pent up demand to end this.
I wish I could agree with you, but you have no idea what it's like to live in a place where morons take walks with masks on. Outside. By themselves. With no one around.

Covid idolatry is real is blue state America. In some ways I think there will be an equal and opposite reaction.

It’s too early, but me an my family are fully vaccinated.

If y’all want to take that risk, be my guest.
I agree with your position. Everyone should be able to decide for themself if the rewards outweigh the risks. So the mask mandate should be eliminated and everyone has the freedom to make their own decision.

I agree with your position. Everyone should be able to decide for themself if the rewards outweigh the risks. So the mask mandate should be eliminated and everyone has the freedom to make their own decision.
I’d honestly like states to wait until they’ve vaccinated all of the most vulnerable segments. We’re close. Just a little longer.

Well, the state of North Carolina has some restrictions, but like most states, we are hard of hearing and tired of being treated like little kids and not adults.

Reactions: odman
I’d honestly like states to wait until they’ve vaccinated all of the most vulnerable segments. We’re close. Just a little longer.
Where is that line for you? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here - just interested how you define most vulnerable.

I’m past arguing over this. Whatever man.
Im not arguing, I'm telling you that the statistics don't add up to making this "plandemic" worth shutting the country down. You do what you think is best, I respect that. But don't go out into public and plead your case to others who are willing to take the chance. It's still the U.S.A after all.

I like to have choices, but there are jobs where choices are not clear cut.

Dude, I'm for opening things back up and think most of the restrictions are unwarranted, but making ridiculous statements like this doesn't help your(my) cause.
My only "cause" is letting people make their own decisions. If they want the vaccine, fine. If they want to stay home the majority of the time, fine. But also, if they want to take the risk, fine. It's not up to anyone else, how your(my) life is run within the constraints of the law. And the statistics make my statement true, so don't know how you meant that, but...

Im not arguing, I'm telling you that the statistics don't add up to making this "plandemic" worth shutting the country down. You do what you think is best, I respect that. But don't go out into public and plead your case to others who are willing to take the chance. It's still the U.S.A after all.
Cool. Bless your heart

• Haha
Reactions: jgilchrist7
My only "cause" is letting people make their own decisions. If they want the vaccine, fine. If they want to stay home the majority of the time, fine. But also, if they want to take the risk, fine. It's not up to anyone else, how your(my) life is run within the constraints of the law. And the statistics make my statement true, so don't know how you meant that, but...
I mostly agree that people should be able to make their own decisions. We probably have very similar views on the subject. However, the chance of someone dying in a car crash over the past entire year was less than dying from Covid. The chance of dying in a car crash in a single outing is almost non existent. Whatever statistics you think you know are just simply not true.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Dude, I'm for opening things back up and think most of the restrictions are unwarranted, but making ridiculous statements like this doesn't help your(my) cause.
That's actually accurate if you are under 40 years old. Both odds are extremely small.

States shouldn't have to mandate masks, and they shouldn't have to mandate limited gatherings. They should, however, continue to recommend all of these things and people should follow those recommendations.

I think many people will continue to follow them as COVID has finally become real to them. The variants are spreading whether we want to believe it or not. Get vaccinated, be smart, and this can be over in the US by the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT