SDTiger9

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
San Diego
Declaration_of_Independence_%281819%29%2C_by_John_Trumbull.jpg

Remember why we are here....
Have a great and safe 4th of July!!

“For 17 days, the thirty-three-year-old secluded himself in a rented room in Philadelphia. On a small, portable desk, he began writing, laying the foundations of this new American government. Unlike every nation before it, this country’s heart would not beat with the blood of royal lines. This would be a nation based on ideals.

It took Thomas Jefferson seventeen days to find the right words. Seventeen days of writing and rewriting before he nervously presented his document to John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. The Declaration of Independence became the greatest decree in Western civilization.

Jefferson could’ve easily taken credit for writing it. But he never bragged about his accomplishment. Even when he was elected president, most Americans never knew he was the author of their independence. In fact, his authorship didn’t become common knowledge until years later after his death.

Because to Jefferson, the Declaration of Independence was written not just for all of America, but by all of America. It was the manifestation of a new nation and a new mind. He was merely the messenger.”

- Brad Meltzer, Heroes for My Son

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." —Thomas Jefferson

Biden actually said something the other day I really liked.

he said, as many other may have also, that there is a difference between remembering and reminding.

the only people who should be rustled by any of this live across the atlantic ocean.

this is my third favorite day behind Christmas and Easter. The more I learn what this group of founding fathers went through, and was able to accomplish even with differing opinions was something incredible.

If any of you have ever watched John Adams on HBo (now on Netflix and Amazon I think) then you know that this picture is complete malarkey. All the signers of the Declaration of Independence had a price on their heads from the British. Adams told the artist that at no time were all these men in the room at the same time. In fact, they would sneak into town, run in, sign the Declaration and haul ass. This scene never happened. Not even close.

Just for context , where else in the known world at that time would that many men of any color come together and sign a public Document saying “ we mutually pledge to each other our Lives , our Fortunes, our Sacred Honor “ and then proceed to risk everything to execute the US Constitution. These were the greatest of men , the founders .

Biden actually said something the other day I really liked.

he said, as many other may have also, that there is a difference between remembering and reminding.

the only people who should be rustled by any of this live across the atlantic ocean.

this is my third favorite day behind Christmas and Easter. The more I learn what this group of founding fathers went through, and was able to accomplish even with differing opinions was something incredible.
Your guy Biden would allow that painting to be destroyed because some of the men depicted in it were slave owners.

Your guy Biden would allow that painting to be destroyed because some of the men depicted in it were slave owners.
I am not a biden guy. If you want to check yourself. I was not making it political. I just liked something he said.

do you disagree with the main point of what I said or are you just really trying to be confrontational.

the question really is does he remember saying it.

Bunch of old white guys in that photo
Not all of them were old. All of them were white. All of them were men. All of them were men of means with much to lose and, from the point of view of the British Crown, knowingly and publicly signed a document amounting to a declaration of war and suborning treason. In so doing they were challenging the mightiest empire on the face of the Earth. The consequence of their action should the Colonies lose in their bid for independence would have been death by hanging.

Last edited:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nMsJoL5r8ac35Umf9
I am not a biden guy. If you want to check yourself. I was not making it political. I just liked something he said.

do you disagree with the main point of what I said or are you just really trying to be confrontational.

the question really is does he remember saying it.
My apologies. I agree we need to remember history and not remind people of slavery. Removing the Name of Tillman was OK. He was a reminder of slavery. However, John C Calhoun was an important person to remember.
smvudjuVWe8zkkvRA

Last edited:
Our Founding Father’s were great men, great leaders who deserve our respect!!! Without them we have no Country, no Declaration, no Constitution...some of you could use a little manners!

Lolololol.

I'm not disputing your impression of the founding fathers, but loling at your "get off my lawn".

Manners... Lolololol

Our Founding Father’s were great men, great leaders who deserve our respect!!! Without them we have no Country, no Declaration, no Constitution...some of you could use a little manners!
They were Luciferians and Masonic satanists. They participated in blood sacrifices and enslaved millions of people. They were not great men.

I think most of us understand and believe that. It is this small (but growing) treasonous segment that doesn't. Since that segment hates what this country stands for, I think we should pony up then money and pay to ship (send) them to China and Vietnam. It won't be too long before they are knocking at the door to get back in here!!!

If any of you have ever watched John Adams on HBo (now on Netflix and Amazon I think) then you know that this picture is complete malarkey. All the signers of the Declaration of Independence had a price on their heads from the British. Adams told the artist that at no time were all these men in the room at the same time. In fact, they would sneak into town, run in, sign the Declaration and haul ass. This scene never happened. Not even close.
Thanks for your contribution. I don't care. It's a fine ass painting to me.

Reactions: Orange&Purple
Just for context , where else in the known world at that time would that many men of any color come together and sign a public Document saying “ we mutually pledge to each other our Lives , our Fortunes, our Sacred Honor “ and then proceed to risk everything to execute the US Constitution. These were the greatest of men , the founders .
I don’t disagree they did many great things, but in what other country were blacks made 3/5 of a person?

It's almost too easy to rile you necks up

ADVERTISEMENT