ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman with the best statement on the climate right now!

Yeah yeah...in even the biggest of cities, most of the protest only have a few thousand people...smaller towns generally a few hundred...
Let’s not get it twisted that everybody is onboard with this liberal farce...
I’m not. Everyone here should go read the OpEd in the WSJ that DARES to site real statistics in both crime and in shootings of unarmed suspects. Look the guy deserves at least 25-life and the other three five years for accessories to murder but I don’t think it’s even been established that this was a racially motivated crime. The guy had been in trouble numerous times and shouldn’t have been on the streets to begin with. It was known he abused his authority and had anger issues but his superiors were negligent in their managing of this monster. People also need to take a hard look at BLM’s stated goals, beliefs, philosophies and radical groups they are associated with. Most of you would find them quite disturbing I think.

Herman also marched to state house with team last week.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be the other way around.
Question for you. Where are all of the people that liked your post. I invited almost all of them. Why are those on the left ignoring my discussion on ending qualified immunity. You and about two others commented but your the only one that half way discussed anything. Maybe Dabo is acting like that.

I think he’s talking about the shit posting
Partially. I’m also talking about the notion that there has to be a public statement right away on all matters. And I’m talking about the fact that right now it seems to be a white man bad scenario. Are some white people awful bigots? You betcha. But all races have problems. Why should i be labeled racist for believing that commission of violent crimes leads to more chances to get killed by cops and the percentage of blacks killed by cops to the % of violent crimes they commit has something to do with it? I admit I’ve been guilty of prejudging or prejudice. I’m trying to work through that. I give everyone a chance or multiple chances the same way I’ve been granted grace. I teach my kids to be kind to all. That’s all I can control.

Reactions: matteo6317
I’m not. Everyone here should go read the OpEd in the WSJ that DARES to site real statistics in both crime and in shootings of unarmed suspects. Look the guy deserves at least 25-life and the other three five years for accessories to murder but I don’t think it’s even been established that this was a racially motivated crime. The guy had been in trouble numerous times and shouldn’t have been on the streets to begin with. It was known he abused his authority and had anger issues but his superiors were negligent in their managing of this monster. People also need to take a hard look at BLM’s stated goals, beliefs, philosophies and radical groups they are associated with. Most of you would find them quite disturbing I think.
Now you know you can’t bring facts into this...

Reactions: clempzenbill
Black people getting killed in the streets by cops when unarmed and saying they can’t breathe is a liberal farce...

you suck bro
Why do we never speak of the many murders in Chicago every weekend. Or when a black man kills a white college student or elderly person?
Those are more common than a white police officer killing a black man. This why the media and far left have zero credibility.

Good luck! Those liberals are scared to have a conversation.
Exactly...there is no such thing...
I’ve tried having a grown up conversation with several people about this but they never wanna hear a dissenting opinion...all I’ve said is that yes, there needs to be changes within this nation’s police depts...training, accountability, etc....but I’ve also said there needs to be accountability within black communities...policing there own communities, meeting the cops halfway, etc...
None of the libs wanted to hear any of that...they all say it’s 100% police brutality, racism, whoa is me, we’re the victims, white privilege, systemic oppression, black lives matter, yada yada yada...
No real solutions...no accountability...no nothing....which is why nothing will ever change.

Why do we never speak of the many murders in Chicago every weekend. Or when a black man kills a white college student or elderly person?
Those are more common than a white police officer killing a black man. This why the media and far left have zero credibility.
Or the fact that violent crime in black communities is 400% higher than white communities?
That creates a stressful environment for everyone & Cops are still human beings...

I promise to change it this weekend. I’m black fwiw
I had no idea! All this time lol. Now you know how white men talk to each other. ;)

I always pictured you looking like this:

40-F3-E766-DEF2-464-B-8-F98-7-B2-F5-C82-A887.jpg

too funny!

The Internet- “It brings people together’

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodWord28
Perhaps Dabo thinks what’s going on in America right now is utterly ridiculous & doesn’t really want to get involved...

There are a lot of people in this country that believe that...
Then he should not have quoted Jeremiah 29:11 if that's the case. Considering he falsely paraphrase MLK Jr 4 years ago he may want to take MLK Jr advice to heart and get off the sidelines.

I am assume as you've but considering a number of former players that are pastor's reach out to Coach Swinney I hope he has a better understanding now.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be
Agree completely. Herman is a tool but he’s making Dabo look like a fool rn
you probably think Dabo should be looting

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
I agree but I think you need to try to understand that just because it doesn’t affect you, it still exisits.
I believe you, lets talk!
You can call me and talk with me anytime friend :cool:
Even though we don’t see eye to eye. I would also enjoy helping others understand how you feel. I think you would be shocked to find out how much I do understand. Peace

Reactions: GoodWord28
I had no idea! All this time lol. Now you know how white men talk to each other. ;)

I always pictured you looking like this:

40-F3-E766-DEF2-464-B-8-F98-7-B2-F5-C82-A887.jpg

too funny!
Lol man bun!!!!!!

All I’m saying is that every black person has a story or two of being cut pretty deep by racism.

This isn’t (at least to me) just a black guy was killed by a cop issue at this point. Everyone knows about equality, but not everyone practices tolerance. It’s a complex issue to be sure, but treating everyone equal is a simple task to achieve.

Lol man bun!!!!!!

All I’m saying is that every black person has a story or two of being cut pretty deep by racism.

This isn’t (at least to me) just a black guy was killed by a cop issue at this point. Everyone knows about equality, but not everyone practices tolerance. It’s a complex issue to be sure, but treating everyone equal is a simple task to achieve.
Well let’s talk then. Call me

I feel bad for people who know you in real life

Reactions: BigTig1983
"We're going to pack 100,000 people into (the stadium) and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white -- not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white," Herman told the American-Statesman. "We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.

"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America. You can't have it both ways."

Ummmm wtf, of course i would let them date my daughter if that is who my daughters chooses to date. Of course im going to hire them if they are the best option.

what fugggn 1950s backwards ass towns is he referring to. This is 2020. Our entire youth populations stays WOKE 24/7.

This stuff is just getting OOC with sensationalism.

Wonder how many of these coaches are really sincere or are some doing it for show. I believe DS is the most sincere coach in America. He demonstrates his respect for black Americans by how he treats his players both present and past and I do not personally feel he has to lead a March to prove it.
My thought exactly. From everything I’ve seen, Dabo walks the walk. These others are just talking the talk for publicity.

"We're going to pack 100,000 people into (the stadium) and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white -- not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white," Herman told the American-Statesman. "We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.

"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America. You can't have it both ways."

I think we learned of how old "Strip Club" Tom views women from Zach SMith's revelations. He might want to look into some ex-Baylor players to date his daughter and stop preening for the cameras. This is all show for recruiting.

Some of us have higher standards for our daughters than can a guy, of any color, get a sack or INT or a TD.

This is not the time for rational thought. Sadly, emotion rules the day in this post-truth culture.

Ummmm wtf, of course i would let them date my daughter if that is who my daughters chooses to date. Of course im going to hire them if they are the best option.

what fugggn 1950s backwards ass towns is he referring to. This is 2020. Our entire youth populations stays WOKE 24/7.

My dad wouldn't be too happy with me if I started dating a black woman.

OK cool hook em??

Taking the charge on racial justice by speaking against Kap?

Dabo is not the face of the racial justice movement and many people are not fans of Kap. He has a militant style about him that i believe detracts from the cause. Kap basically says all police are pigs. That is not true and it doesn’t help. So i am not a fan of Kap either. Dabo also said he regretted speaking about that the way he did.

I am just so surprised at how gullible so many on here are regarding words. Words mean nothing! Show me who you are and what you believe by your actions. And i am sure is hell not talking about marching two miles down the street to the state capital. Dabo has spent 10 years showing me what he believes and nothing in the last week has happened to change my opinion of the man.

I am about to rile some people up, but I bet Dabo would tell you that the closest thing he has had to a father in the last 20 plus years is Woody McCorvey. So if Dabo has an African American father figure, what does that make him?

Last edited:
And just for the record, if my daughter wants to date a Clemson football player, she absolutely has my blessing. Now, if she wants to date a crappy player in Texas who has no shot at the NFL, or some BLM thug, then that's just not going to happen.

We can’t do that because it would it would illustrate the quality of our narrative.

I know plenty of people who would be very skeptical if their daughter married or dated a black guy or if son married/dated a black woman. These people also don’t live in the middle of nowhere 1950’s backward towns.

At former places of employment I’m not sure they would’ve really entertained the idea of hiring a black person and that’s sad. Sometimes phrases such as “I’m not sure how they would fit into the office place culture” were used. Looking back it was pretty sad to think about. And no one ever really pushed back, myself included, and even though I never thought those things or said those things, it’s time to talk about it and stand up to those thoughts.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be the other way around.

it’s amazing that it’s just been crickets from Clemson on this for four days. Someone needs to say something as just letting it snowball isn’t a great idea.
Was not Mr. Anthony disappointed in DJ Greenlee using the n-word in referring to a team mate?

Have you ever thought these guys are fake and looking for publicity? If you have followed Dabo at all since working for Clemson his life is a representation of how all people should live their life. He doesn’t need to make any vocal statement to get your approval or anyone else's. Half of the statements people are making don’t do anything for change. It takes more than lip service and marching!

Lol man bun!!!!!!

There's no such thing as equality, that's just a word people throw around to make themselves feel better. The truth is everyone is created equal, but from that very moment of creation, no one is ever equal. The person born of the mother who takes all of her prenatal vitamins will not be equal to the mother who drinks/smokes during pregnancy. Sorry, just the way it is.

Equality is another word for fairness, and life ain't fair.

White privilege is also an illusion. There is American privilege, because being born in any other country would suck, but if white privilege truly existed, why do non-white continue to do anything and everything in their power to get into America? That don't make no sense. It's American privilege, and that privilege is basic human rights and freedom.

Reactions: jimbob1019
There's no such thing as equality, that's just a word people throw around to make themselves feel better. The truth is everyone is created equal, but from that very moment of creation, no one is ever equal. The person born of the mother who takes all of her prenatal vitamins will not be equal to the mother who drinks/smokes during pregnancy. Sorry, just the way it is.

Equality is another word for fairness, and life ain't fair.

White privilege is also an illusion. There is American privilege, because being born in any other country would suck, but if white privilege truly existed, why do non-white continue to do anything and everything in their power to get into America? That don't make no sense. It's American privilege, and that privilege is basic human rights and freedom.
You’re wearing blinders with this hot take.

Dabo Swinney has said a million words. He needs to say to say more?
Dabo Swinney has done a million things. He needs to do more?

I wonder if Willie McCorvy needs to hear more words or see more actions to know who Dabo is and what he thinks, means, says,and does with the black men who have made up a huge part of his social circle for 30 years? I wonder if Coach Bates wonders or knows if Dabo is woke?

Everyone knows the answers to these questions. Everyone knows what is acceptable in Dabo's mind and life.

I get it when muckrakers throw muck at Dabo. I get it when people who don't know him wonder.

But for the life of me I cannot figure Clemson fans who seem to doubt him, who want reassurance in words and deeds about who Dabo really is despite knowing the man like we all have known him for 15 years. That is crazy.

One more thing: Much of the insane racist BS in this thread is horrible.

TREVOR is right. Trevor is 20 freaking years old and makes way more sense intellectually and morally than much of this thread. And it did not take him a million words to make that clear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT