ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor leading the social justice charge

No I don’t think so. That doesn’t stop the difference in blacks being arrested more. It will be the next crime in line they’re getting arrested for. It sounds like to me it is either how the law is being enforced or down right discrimination. If it is the later nothing will truly change.
What would those next crimes be exactly?

This is from 20 years ago, but... I’d imagine minimum sentencing, zero tolerance policies, and recidivism also has something to do with it.
https://www.heritage.org/commentary/the-lefts-prison-complex-the-case-against-the-case-against-jail

Little evidence exists that black criminals face discrimination in the criminal-justice system. Black "overrepresentation" in that system is in the number of criminals arrested. Racist cops aren't responsible for this disparity: Blacks get arrested at the same high rates in cities like Atlanta and Washington where the political establishment is almost entirely African-American and the police forces reflect the population's ethnic makeup. In a study on sentencing disparity commissioned by the Center for Equal Opportunity, former University of Maryland professor Robert Lerner finds that arrested blacks get sent to prison at a lower rate than arrested whites in just about every category that the government measures. Lerner found that blacks were twice as likely to get off on rape charges, around 50 percent more likely to escape punishment when charged with simple assault, and a third more likely to beat the rap on drug dealing. The difference in favor of black offenders existed in 12 out of 14 categories of crime. (The exceptions were traffic felonies and a small category of miscellaneous offenses.)

Black murderers face shorter sentences than their white counterparts and (contrary to leftist dogma) make fewer trips to death row. Even when it comes to the federal law punishing crack possession much more harshly than powder-cocaine possession-a favorite topic of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton-racism doesn't enter the picture. In his 1997 book Race, Crime and the Law, Harvard Law School professor Randall Kennedy shows that the law passed with the enthusiastic support of black congressmen who saw crack becoming the drug of choice in their districts. The use of methamphetamine and heroin-predominantly by whites-has soared in the 1990s, while the penalties for this use have remained stable. Would black Americans be better off if the situation were reversed, and crack dealing went on uninterrupted in American inner cities while police cracked down on rural whites using methamphetamine? If this happened, civil-rights leaders would organize protest marches in favor of stronger drug-enforcement efforts in inner cities-and would be right to do so.
This is just stating that police are doing their jobs which I agree with. The laws have to change.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
This is just stating that police are doing their jobs which I agree with. The laws have to change.
Maybe so. The history of how those laws got made, and the various effects they’ve had is pretty interesting. If it were true that enforcing those laws led to increased incarceration, and that increased incarceration led to overall lower crime, would people trade the negative economic effects (and the negative social effects) of increased incarceration for higher crime?

I think I’ve also read that the black incarceration rate has been falling recently, while the white incarceration rate has been going up. That still doesn’t erase the disparity completely, but I genuinely wonder why that trend is happening. Could it be opioids? We’ve also seen the life expectancy drop for white men.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
People that don't look like me don't have intact families? Not my fault. They are not outlawed from having intact families. They have a higher rate of out of wedlock children? Not my fault. There are no laws that dictate they have out of wedlock children. Don't go to college or higher education. Not my fault. There are plenty of opportunities that allow them to continue education. Matter of fact if you want to talk about PRIVILEGE this is the only privilege that is available. Why do you think the "race" has been left on college applications? They fought in courts in the state of Michigan to keep in on there so that people who normally wouldn't normally qualify can get in under a PRIVILEGE.

Wow.
This about the most overt thing I've seen on here.

Question: how do you pull for the Clemson team in its entirety? Maybe try ice hockey?

But why should the laws change? The law is the law and lady justice is blind on the scale.

This is an amazing statement that’s backed up by what?

Also, please tell me about the adverse affect absent fathers have on White Families, Asian Families or other Racial Groups or is this just for Black Folks! Are you aware of the number of Black who are Single Parents, hint more than you can imagine!

Now, now I agree 100% in the nuclear family consistent with Biblical Principals! One Man/One Woman! However, Dabo, Deshaun & I are products of Single Parent Home; & Our President 3 Wives & Children accordingly, Rush 3 Wives...get the picture! How many white children has been destroyed by abusive & sexually deviant fathers/ministers/Scout Leaders? My point is for you to try & wrap up problems in a nice ball for one race as if all others are perfect is absolutely ridiculous!

Me, 2 Sons & 1 wife of 36 years!

This is exactly his point. Yes, statistics will show it is a less desired situation and less optimal for every race. It doesn't matter what race you are, children form homes without fathers are are worse off in almost every metric you want to talk about. The point he is making is that the percentage of fatherless homes in black families is much much higher than in all the other racial groups and that that is a significant factor.
I am white and was raised by a single parent and am doing just fine. However, I can tell you that many more of the kids I knew in (white) single families are much less successful than those who had fathers at home.

For a simpleton such as yourself, it probably is a difficult concept to grasp. When alcohol was prohibited 100 years ago, what exactly happened? I’ll leave you that to ponder overnight.
Go on...it lead to organized CRIME. Break the law-do the time. You don’t have to follow the rules.

What does this have to do with the incarceration rate of minorities?

trevor is still a child

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Truer words have never been spoken. You’ll get a dozen or so likes for this post but a post about a blind republican cat that plays with a tennis ball for half a second will get 150 likes.

I get it though and accept it. This is a very conservative crowd that is deeply rooted in the church. I say church, because there’s a stark contrast between Church and God, but that’s failed to be understood by many. Is what it is, I just hope the leadership within our program shines a positive light into the world about some of the real issues we face. Regardless of the fact that the MSM has ran with many of those issues and created more issues by their narratives, we have plenty of positive change needed in our country.

Too much divisiveness in our country right now. Minimal listening and too much defending of rooted beliefs to make real change, if you ask me. Just how the top 1% wants it. Keep us all arguing while they profit. What Trevor is doing and living your life in a caring way on a daily basis, while teaching our children to be respectful is where the real change takes place. It isn’t faux outrage or social media posts. It’s how we conduct our daily life.

The upcoming election isn’t going to change anything. If Trump wins, the Left will riot. If Biden wins, we’ll have a president who struggles to form a sentence while the right buys more ammo.

The social justice issue isn’t police brutality, the issue is education and opportunity. We need to collectively come together and fix the cause of the problem and stop fighting over the symptoms. Police are heroic. Period. 98% of them do more on a daily basis to help our country than many of us do in a lifetime. The spotlight is on that because it’s the most visible, tangible thing, but that isn’t the issue. Economic variance contributes to a huge part of the problem. Change isn’t easy and it’ll be hard, as it’s been a certain way for so long that many will point to the hardship in the interim as evidence that change isn’t working.

It’s no different than Trump wanting to build a wall and get rid of illegal immigrants. From an idealistic perspective, it’s the right answer, but in the short term, it’s not possible if folks want their life the way it is now. Are American citizens willing to pick our food and get paid by the field? Are we willing to pay more for our groceries? Keep jobs in America right? Are American citizens willing to start janitorial companies across the country and scrub toilets? It would be great if every hard working Hispanic American was a legal citizen via legal immigration, but bridging the gap to get there is the hard part, with the biggest piece being the financial loss the top 1% would see. Too much $ and power there for change to be made. Same goes for low income communities.

Just my take, but that’s why, in the end, my answer is to be respectful of everyone on a daily basis and do my best to raise my kids the same way.
Excellent

As do you. We all have a voice to vote which is something that is more important than ever before.

yes if you favor dissolving the police in your city and turning the power of policing over to the social workers.

ever met a social worker? they usually have mental issues themselves. you are way safer with a officer in uniform.

so if you favor dissolving the police, not charging for theft, burglary, assault, vandalism, and arson

vote for Joe Biden

if you want a strong military and strong police force roaming the streets, and social workers with as little power as possible

vote for TRUMP

thats your choice boyz and girlz

This is exactly his point. Yes, statistics will show it is a less desired situation and less optimal for every race. It doesn't matter what race you are, children form homes without fathers are are worse off in almost every metric you want to talk about. The point he is making is that the percentage of fatherless homes in black families is much much higher than in all the other racial groups and that that is a significant factor.
I am white and was raised by a single parent and am doing just fine. However, I can tell you that many more of the kids I knew in (white) single families are much less successful than those who had fathers at home.

Exactly the point.

Exactly the point.

you will never convince me that society since the 90s has been holding black people back from achieving their goals

thats just completely inaccurate. any black human who wants to do whatever they choose can with all their heart.

the only one holding them back are themselves.

a fatherless home

or a single parent home has many uphill challenges

How do you define even? How do you make it even? Can't wait to read this answer. Bet you don't give one.
If you think I’ll be the one to get the lightbulb to go off for you, then you are mistaken. Take the time to read and learn from much smarter people than myself on the topic.

Its really not a hard thing to grasp if you are willing to accept our history as a country.

yes if you favor dissolving the police in your city and turning the power of policing over to the social workers.

ever met a social worker? they usually have mental issues themselves. you are way safer with a officer in uniform.

so if you favor dissolving the police, not charging for theft, burglary, assault, vandalism, and arson

vote for Joe Biden

if you want a strong military and strong police force roaming the streets, and social workers with as little power as possible

vote for TRUMP

thats your choice boyz and girlz
It’s well documented that Biden isn’t for defunding the police. You should check your facts before you post.

So your response to being wrong is “well he could...” Got it.

i specifically heard him say it.

he has switched his position

and if he had the power to vote for defunding the police

i would bet he would

ive watched that man for 40 years

he only says what he thinks you want to hear

he is mentally breaking down and you can see his head spinning

he is thinking

"what does the crowd want me to say?"

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Well then fix it. Whites aren't holding you back. Whites don't make it where you can't get married, stay together and then have children. The number of blacks killed by the police yearly isn't the problem. It is just easier to blame it on that so you don't have to make changes.

Last edited:
Im sick of this fake news... Im ready for the Lord to come back and end it all... for me and my saved brothers and sisters at least. The rest will have to lay in the bed they make.

If you think I’ll be the one to get the lightbulb to go off for you, then you are mistaken. Take the time to read and learn from much smarter people than myself on the topic.

Its really not a hard thing to grasp if you are willing to accept our history as a country.

Very typical. All complaining and no solutions. And I don't blame you. It's a great political cudgel but there are no answers. Glad you know that at least.

Reactions: SGTiger
I’m saying that black people are incarcerated more for committing the same crimes as white people. Is that hard to understand? Both races take and sell drugs. One race goes to prison at 6 times the rate of the other one. Those are the facts. Are you drunk?

If THAT is indeed the problem then fix THAT. It's like if you have a spider in your house, you don't burn down your house to fix it, you kill the spider. Rioting, burning, looting over something that is miniscule takes away the actions and resources that should be used to fix the real problem.

Wow.
This about the most overt thing I've seen on here.

Question: how do you pull for the Clemson team in its entirety? Maybe try ice hockey?

I pull for anyone that is trying to improve themselves/life. Those kids are getting college educations, and at Clemson, in most cases are staying out of trouble. Many of them would never get that opportunity and I hope they take advantage of it. Reading many of the articles that Larry has written, many have taken advantage of what they got while at Clemson. I am proud of where they have gotten to and where they are going.

ADVERTISEMENT