ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor leading the social justice charge

Because they have increased crime and decimated poor communities

The laws haven't increased crime and decimated poor communities. Those that decide to break the law are doing this. Again, you need to place the blame where it is so you can fix it. Getting rid of the laws isn't going to fix the problem. If the laws were changed are these people all of a sudden going to date one woman, get a job, get married, have children, supports those children in their education? If they did that, it would break the cycle and we wouldn't be having the problems we are discussing.
And that is in white communities, black communities and hispanic communities where this currently isn't happening.

If THAT is indeed the problem then fix THAT. It's like if you have a spider in your house, you don't burn down your house to fix it, you kill the spider. Rioting, burning, looting over something that is miniscule takes away the actions and resources that should be used to fix the real problem.

the spider built the house.

Reactions: Fact_Check
How do you define even? How do you make it even? Can't wait to read this answer. Bet you don't give one.

The answer has already been given. Loot, burn, rob and murder because the police killed someone. Of course, that isn't the right answer, but if you give that answer you can blame it on someone else and not have to take responsibility.

The laws haven't increased crime and decimated poor communities. Those that decide to break the law are doing this. Again, you need to place the blame where it is so you can fix it. Getting rid of the laws isn't going to fix the problem. If the laws were changed are these people all of a sudden going to date one woman, get a job, get married, have children, supports those children in their education? If they did that, it would break the cycle and we wouldn't be having the problems we are discussing.
And that is in white communities, black communities and hispanic communities where this currently isn't happening.

You are missing the point. White people do drugs at the same rates as black people. But police handle the drugs that white people do by arresting dealers and distributors. They handle the drugs that black folks do by arresting users.

White people are doing the same illegal activity and not going to jail for it, because police are focusing on (rightfully so) the source of the drugs, not the users.

Reactions: DecemberGrad
I pull for anyone that is trying to improve themselves/life. Those kids are getting college educations, and at Clemson, in most cases are staying out of trouble. Many of them would never get that opportunity and I hope they take advantage of it. Reading many of the articles that Larry has written, many have taken advantage of what they got while at Clemson. I am proud of where they have gotten to and where they are going.

People that don't look like me don't have intact families? Not my fault. They are not outlawed from having intact families. They have a higher rate of out of wedlock children? Not my fault. There are no laws that dictate they have out of wedlock children. Don't go to college or higher education. Not my fault.

The 2018 real median income -------

of Asian households ($87,194),

of White ($70,642),

of Hispanic ($51,450)

of Black ($41,361)

QUESTION-

IF WHITE PEOPLE WERE SO RACIST,

OR THERE IS SYSTEMIC RACISM,

HOW COME THE HISPANICS AND ESPECIALLY ASIANS EXCEL IN SUCH A CLIMATE?

If SYTEMIC racism existing

how come

we have had

a black US president,

black supreme court justices,

black US senators,

black US House of Representatives

black generals

black Cabinet Heads

black Surgeon General

black Governors

black CEOs

black CFOs

black Lt Gov

black state senators

black state reps and assemblymen

black mayors

black commissioners

black councilmembers

black aldermen

black police chiefs

black fire chiefs

black DAs

black school teachers

black principles

black cops

black doctors

black lawyers

black coaches

black religious leaders

black journalist

ummmm

what industry can a black person not achieve if that were his goal?

that flag

that anthem

that constitution

that declaration

thats why

only country in the world

m2bOfPG.gif

Reactions: LUV DEM TIGERS
Those people have ignored the struggles of their own race so they could be accepted by white people. And the sad thing is, they will never truly be accepted like they wish to be.

The bootstraps argument just doesn't hold up to an entire race statistically starting from a disadvantage when compared to white people.

Why bring down successful, law-abiding people because they don't fit your notion of what someone with their skin color should act like? Why not simply hold them up as an example of success and a path to achieve it? A pro athlete would be another path. a Supreme Court justice (Clarence Thomas) would be another one. Maybe even a President. Maybe someone who is a respected lawman would be another.

( I have always thought that Bass Reeves would make a great historical figure to educate many and have a discussion on overcoming prejudice, and with working hard, obeying the law, overcoming adversity etc. etc. but I digress. )

To be honest, your comment sounds like something live crabs at the bottom of a bucket would say to each other as they endeavor to grab a hold of and pull down the one at the top that is clinging to the rim and just about to pull himself up and over and escape.

Why bring down successful, law-abiding people because they don't fit your notion of what someone with their skin color should act like? Why not simply hold them up as an example of success and a path to achieve it? A pro athlete would be another path. a Supreme Court justice (Clarence Thomas) would be another one. Maybe even a President. Maybe someone who is a respected lawman would be another.

( I have always thought that Bass Reeves would make a great historical figure to educate many and have a discussion on overcoming prejudice, and with working hard, obeying the law, overcoming adversity etc. etc. but I digress. )

To be honest, your comment sounds like something live crabs at the bottom of a bucket would say to each other as they endeavor to grab a hold of and pull down the one at the top that is clinging to the rim and just about to pull himself up and over and escape.

he doesnt make any sense

he has not learned that a human living in a free society is responsible for their behavior

not white people

asians and hispanics are very family and goal oriented

maybe black people would be more successful by studying what asians and hispanics did to be more successful

instead of bitching at white people.

not our fault

not societies fault

if a black kid doesnt get a high school diploma

its his or her parents fault

not white people

grow up 91

The upcoming election isn’t going to change anything. If Trump wins, the Left will riot. If Biden wins, we’ll have a president who struggles to form a sentence while the right buys more ammo.

Wait - you know somewhere to buy ammo? Can you share?

Pretty please?

This is exactly his point. Yes, statistics will show it is a less desired situation and less optimal for every race. It doesn't matter what race you are, children form homes without fathers are are worse off in almost every metric you want to talk about. The point he is making is that the percentage of fatherless homes in black families is much much higher than in all the other racial groups and that that is a significant factor.
I am white and was raised by a single parent and am doing just fine. However, I can tell you that many more of the kids I knew in (white) single families are much less successful than those who had fathers at home.
That is fine if this is what the op was alluding to! However, I address when this is only pointing to the Black Families. As you, I Too am the product of a Single Parent home, Know Many & overall very successful & hardworking Americans!

Statistics are what I do & as such would love to see when Such is discussed of various groups, demographics & races. To say 13% of Americans have more adverse affect than 87% does not equate for me! As a Black American, I am not naive to believe the historical significance has not adversely affected us. But absence father, in my opinion, is a smaller degree than Systemic Racism!

I truly believe a group of people held as Slaves for more than 300 years are still trying to fully find it’s way! For example, I am 62 years old, did not know my grandfathers. Parents had 8th grade education, 2 of 9 children with college degree & Raised In Jim Crow South by my grandparents. High School education for men; was for opportunity to go into the family business the US Military or work in the fields or shrimp boat, for women; housekeepers or farm hand & find a husband!

Most people do not realize, we as a country are less than 150 years remove from slavery, 100 removed from segregation laws, less than 50 from Jim Crow, less than 7 on Supreme Court rulings for Voting, some states still have interracial marriage laws or just got rid of such & we still do not have an anti-lynching Law!

Finally, this is to say, Yes, absent fathers is a problem, gun violence is a problem, there are so many things that are adversely affecting Our Families! But things Are Affecting All Families In America! My Solution; Proverbs 3:5-6 & Amen To That!

If people were intellectually vetting the presidential candidates, Trump would win in a landslide. Biden is the least qualified (in every way) candidate to run for the office in recent history.

Ok... Trump is a real estate guy. He was born rich... worked for his dad, then started running the business. He managed to lose the $240 million he inherited AT LEAST 3 times.

Biden... 30 years in the Senate and 8 years as VP.

Yep.

If SYTEMIC racism existing

how come

we have had

a black US president,

black supreme court justices,

black US senators,

black US House of Representatives

black generals

black Cabinet Heads

black Surgeon General

black Governors

black CEOs

black CFOs

black Lt Gov

black state senators

black state reps and assemblymen

black mayors

black commissioners

black councilmembers

black aldermen

black police chiefs

black fire chiefs

black DAs

black school teachers

black principles

black cops

black doctors

black lawyers

black coaches

black religious leaders

black journalist

ummmm

what industry can a black person not achieve if that were his goal?

that flag

that anthem

that constitution

that declaration

thats why

only country in the world

m2bOfPG.gif
i mean this with all sincerity... you are one of the dumbest posters i've ever come across. it's absolutely breathtaking

ADVERTISEMENT