ADVERTISEMENT

******Trevor

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
He visited with the media for a few minutes earlier.

He's genuinely excited about going to Jacksonville. Said it's the perfect fit for him and his family and he was hoping so much he'd end up there that he didn't want to jinx it by putting on a Jaguars hat before the draft started.

A few other quick notables from what he said:

-- No one is going to work harder. The best is yet to come. Super excited to be a Jag.

-- Biggest thing about Urban Meyer is he's a winner. I’m excited to be a part of that.

-- I’m not expecting for anyone to hand me anything. I want to come in and earn respect and the right to lead the team. I’m going to put the work in.

-- My mindset always going into a situation is I’m going to earn everything. Don’t have any expectations from anyone other than myself. Biggest thing is earning respect and trust of teammates. Without that it doesn’t matter.

-- Getting drafted No. 1 was awesome. Kind of like a weight lifted off my shoulders. There was some uncertainty after shoulder surgery and all that, and nothing was official. To finally get to experience this moment that we’ve all been waiting for for a long time with my family and friends which was really special.

-- Can’t wait to plug in in Jacksonville and love all the people around us. Honestly I was hoping for Jacksonville. Think it's the best fit for me and my family. The plan is to continue to do things that haven’t been done, continue to lead and do things the right way.

-- Obviously it's going to be more challenging because you're facing the best of the best every week. But I'm still bringing the same mindset, and that's what's important. You've still got to expect to win, still got to prepare the same way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.