ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and Jesus

Strong ...

Pretty sure that the Temple would not be the only place Jesus flipped some tables if he met Trump.

Yep. Money changers have only gotten a bagillion times worse since then. Especially if those are claiming some "Christian" belief/authority.

Wouldn't surprise me @ all if His first trip was to the Vatican, however.

Jesus inside us, Trump protecting us.

Life could not get much better!

Am I right boys???

Jesus loves him some Trump.

Trump loves him some Jesus.

God Bless America!

Jesus loves Trump this I know,
Cause the Bible tells me so.

RoundTable600x460.jpg

Do you even know what being a Christian means?

I do... In addition to accepting Jesus, it also means being kind, compassionate and forgiving. It means turning the other cheek and putting others before yourself.

So how is Trump the favorite of the Evangelicals? This is a guy who's proud of his motto that if someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard... Now you can agree with him on this or not, but Christian it ain't. Trump has replaced Jesus as Lord and Savior to a LOT of people and his behavior is the new norm.

Reactions: fcctiger12
I do... In addition to accepting Jesus, it also means being kind, compassionate and forgiving. It means turning the other cheek and putting others before yourself.

So how is Trump the favorite of the Evangelicals? This is a guy who's proud of his motto that if someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard... Now you can agree with him on this or not, but Christian it ain't. Trump has replaced Jesus as Lord and Savior to a LOT of people and his behavior is the new norm.

The main reason evangelicals support Trump is because of his stance on abortion.

Well, he's held true to what he said he would do; before the election.
Remember, Obama believed marriage was "between a man and a woman" before the election. Fact. Trump has not wavered from his campaign promises; at all.

Remember, Obama believed marriage was "between a man and a woman" before the election. Fact. Trump has not wavered from his campaign promises; at all.

Well I'm sure you'll move the goalposts on all of these but:

(I'm bolding the ones I consider to be especially bold faced):

"The 3.8 percent Obamacare tax on investment income will be repealed, as will the alternative minimum tax."

"As part of this reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers."

"If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.” (He's tried and failed to cut Medicaid)

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

“One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us."

“Real change begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare."

“The insurance companies are getting rich off health care and health insurance and everything having to do with health. We’re going to end that. We’re going to take out the artificial boundaries, the artificial lines. We’re going to get a plan where people compete, free enterprise.”

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

Link

He also said the tax cuts would be revenue neutral, which is a farce.

"The 3.8 percent Obamacare tax on investment income will be repealed, as will the alternative minimum tax."

"As part of this reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers."

"If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.” (He's tried and failed to cut Medicaid)

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

“One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us."

“Real change begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare."

“The insurance companies are getting rich off health care and health insurance and everything having to do with health. We’re going to end that. We’re going to take out the artificial boundaries, the artificial lines. We’re going to get a plan where people compete, free enterprise.”

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

Link

I know you could go on and on, but you are wasting your time here. The Trumpians don't just THINK, they KNOW that Trump is their Lord and Savior and they will hear no critiques of him.

Reactions: nytigerfan
I know you could go on and on, but you are wasting your time here. The Trumpians don't just THINK, they KNOW that Trump is their Lord and Savior and they will hear no critiques of him.

You're right. This is my bad lifestyle choice.

Uh, Trump pretty much went off script the minute Bannon was out. Or did he enact term limits already and I didn't see it?

Yo, do you have any response on my list of unfulfilled promises (lies)?

Link

Haha. Most, if not all of what you have here is totally dependent upon Congress. He had repeal and replace in the bag until John McCain changed his promise. Don't forget, Trump is fighting many repubs as well as the do nothing dems. He's only been at this for 1.5 years. Just wait until after BOTH of his terms.
So, by your last statement, I'm guessing you think the economy is static and not dynamic, which is a farce, but Trump was wrong if he said this, because Fed tax revenue has hit monthly records since the tax cuts; because the economy is expanding so quickly and hundreds of thousands more people are working and therefore paying taxes. This happened under Reagan as well.

Haha. Most, if not all of what you have here is totally dependent upon Congress. He had repeal and replace in the bag until John McCain changed his promise. Don't forget, Trump is fighting many repubs as well as the do nothing dems. He's only been at this for 1.5 years. Just wait until after BOTH of his terms.

So he made promises he should have known he couldn't keep. And he lied about not cutting Medicaid because he actively tried.

So, by your last statement, I'm guessing you think the economy is static and not dynamic, which is a farce, but Trump was wrong if he said this, because Fed tax revenue has hit monthly records since the tax cuts; because the economy is expanding so quickly and hundreds of thousands more people are working and therefore paying taxes. This happened under Reagan as well.

I'm going to need a source for this because it's completely made up unless it's not adjusted for inflation (and therefore worthless). I'd prefer you not link a CNSNews article, please.

This says that federal receipts have decreased and deficits increased for 2017 and never gets as good as 2016 (adjusted for inflation).

How can you even say you respect the man when you're not willing to be honest with yourself about him. It just feels like you've really fallen prey to his demagoguery.

"Economy is good, Trump is the best! Ignore all the trends that led to this!"
"IT'S NOT TRUMP'S FAULT THE RINO'S IN CONGRESS ARE SCREWING EVERYTHING UP!"

So he made promises he should have known he couldn't keep. And he lied about not cutting Medicaid because he actively tried.

I'm going to need a source for this because it's completely made up unless it's not adjusted for inflation (and therefore worthless). I'd prefer you not link a CNSNews article, please.

This says that federal receipts have decreased and deficits increased for 2017 and never gets as good as 2016 (adjusted for inflation).

How can you even say you respect the man when you're not willing to be honest with yourself about him. It just feels like you've really fallen prey to his demagoguery.

"Economy is good, Trump is the best! Ignore all the trends that led to this!"
"IT'S NOT TRUMP'S FAULT THE RINO'S IN CONGRESS ARE SCREWING EVERYTHING UP!"

Look man. You're obviously not going to be objective about anything when it comes to Trump; especially if you're gonna claim Obama has anything to do with this economy. Just keep believing whatever it is you want to and I'll just keep defending the guy from the total hysteria that 90% of the press is trying to push down our throats. Trump has done more in 1.5 years than Obama did in 8. Inarguable. In fact, we're lucky Obama didn't complete his "Transformation of America". Hillary was suppose to finish the finish the job. There will be many things coming out about Obama and his total deceitfulness. Here's one that's already rearing its ugly head:
https://apnews.com/27e8179cf10140dca7eb86b3488f01e2

Look man. You're obviously not going to be objective about anything when it comes to Trump; especially if you're gonna claim Obama has anything to do with this economy. Just keep believing whatever it is you want to and I'll just keep defending the guy from the total hysteria that 90% of the press is trying to push down our throats. Trump has done more in 1.5 years than Obama did in 8. Inarguable. In fact, we're lucky Obama didn't complete his "Transformation of America". Hillary was suppose to finish the finish the job. There will be many things coming out about Obama and his total deceitfulness. Here's one that's already rearing its ugly head:

You're obviously not going to be objective about anything when it comes to Trump; especially if you're gonna claim Obama has anything to do with this economy.

I wonder If you will still say this when the economy goes south?

Link

He also said he would release his tax returns

You're obviously not going to be objective about anything when it comes to Trump; especially if you're gonna claim Obama has anything to do with this economy.

Something something audit librul tears.

Haha. I'll catch up with you in a couple weeks; when the unredacted reports come out.

Hey, I have been leery of a couple of things; specifically when he starts talking tariffs. Once I realized what he is doing with tariffs and the threat of tariffs, I'm even ok with that now.

Hey, I have been leery of a couple of things; specifically when he starts talking tariffs. Once I realized what he is doing with tariffs and the threat of tariffs, I'm even ok with that now.
Please explain to me then why we are placing tariffs on Canada.

Haha. I'll catch up with you in a couple weeks; when the unredacted reports come out.

Are those the same reports that Trey Giwdy already read and said that the DOJ / FBI did nothing wrong? I am not sure if you heard that news in your echo chamber.

It is funny how as soon as one of these republicans decides not to run for re-election they feel free enough to not support Trump’s distractionary conspiracy theories. Paul Ryan came out yesterday and said the same thing.

Please explain to me then why we are placing tariffs on Canada.

Don't have time to look it up, but have seen info that Canada has been using a loophole in NAFTA to put tariffs on milk and other things that they once bought boatloads of. We have a substantial trade imbalance with Canada and it all started with NAFTA. If people would do their own homework; if you're really interested and not just shilling, one can figure out the logic behind what Trump is doing. I am against tariffs on the surface, but when tariffs are used as leverage in negotiations, and you have the stronger position, it seems to work.

Don't have time to look it up, but have seen info that Canada has been using a loophole in NAFTA to put tariffs on milk and other things that they once bought boatloads of. We have a substantial trade imbalance with Canada and it all started with NAFTA. If people would do their own homework; if you're really interested and not just shilling, one can figure out the logic behind what Trump is doing. I am against tariffs on the surface, but when tariffs are used as leverage in negotiations, and you have the stronger position, it seems to work.
Ugh without getting into quota levels and that level of detail, NAFTA has been a positive sum game constantly attacked by Left and Right rent-seeking industries.

Saying we have a trade imbalance with Canada is basically not saying anything at all. It's telling me the score of a game is 10 to 11 without telling me what sport is being played, who the teams are, and who is winning and losing. Trade deficits are a fraction of the puzzle. If, as you say, people would do their homework (a hilarious phrase in a paragraph that also includes "I don't have time to look it up") they would realize that Trade deficits have to be understood in the context of currency valuations, exchange rates, interest rates, inter-bank lending rates, etc.

Trump gives all indications that he has basically been bought by these rent-seeking industries (like steel) that don't want to compete in a fair and open market, to the detriment of the overall economy.

Remember the free market? It use to be something we Republicans championed. But now we just fall in line and vote for whoever has the (R) next to there name. Why? Because we didn't do our homework, but maybe that's just because we don't have time to look it up.

Dude, you are wasting your time. Assuming that there IS some sort of recession. It won't be Trump's fault, it will be Obama's, or Hillary's, or the Democrats (even though the Republicans control Congress), or the biased press making up the recession in the first place. Trump walks on water to the Trumpians on here. The man does no wrong. He can lie all day long and no one on here even cares... No matter what he's proven to have done, The Trumpians won't believe it. He could wipe his ass with the American flag while giving Putin a hand job, and all anyone would say is "Yay comrade Trump".

Reactions: nytigerfan
Ugh without getting into quota levels and that level of detail, NAFTA has been a positive sum game constantly attacked by Left and Right rent-seeking industries.

Saying we have a trade imbalance with Canada is basically not saying anything at all. It's telling me the score of a game is 10 to 11 without telling me what sport is being played, who the teams are, and who is winning and losing. Trade deficits are a fraction of the puzzle. If, as you say, people would do their homework (a hilarious phrase in a paragraph that also includes "I don't have time to look it up") they would realize that Trade deficits have to be understood in the context of currency valuations, exchange rates, interest rates, inter-bank lending rates, etc.

Trump gives all indications that he has basically been bought by these rent-seeking industries (like steel) that don't want to compete in a fair and open market, to the detriment of the overall economy.

Remember the free market? It use to be something we Republicans championed. But now we just fall in line and vote for whoever has the (R) next to there name. Why? Because we didn't do our homework, but maybe that's just because we don't have time to look it up.

Also, why is a trade deficit bad? It could just mean that we're a well off country who likes to buy things. The only problem with one, in and of itself, is that "someone else" is getting money instead of US citizens (gasp).

I can tell you read this thing.

Issuing the license was not illegal. Still, it went above and beyond what the Obama administration was required to do under the terms of the nuclear agreement, in which the U.S. and world powers gave Iran billions of dollars in sanctions relief in exchange for curbing its nuclear program.

Also, why is a trade deficit bad? It could just mean that we're a well off country who likes to buy things. The only problem with one, in and of itself, is that "someone else" is getting money instead of US citizens (gasp).
Well that's the truth of it isn't it. We have trade deficits not because we have been negotiating with poor past leadership, as the narrative seems to be lately, but because our economy has transitioned beyond things like basic goods manufacturing. We very much live more and more in a service economy driven by labor flows stemming from low skilled labor from Mexico and high skilled labor from Europe and Asia.

Are those the same reports that Trey Giwdy already read and said that the DOJ / FBI did nothing wrong? I am not sure if you heard that news in your echo chamber.

It is funny how as soon as one of these republicans decides not to run for re-election they feel free enough to not support Trump’s distractionary conspiracy theories. Paul Ryan came out yesterday and said the same thing.

Trump is the President. He is ultimately the one in charge of any and all classified information. Do you not understand that he already knows what the truth is that is being hidden behind all of this withholding of information and redacting?
If you heard heard Nunes interview on Sunday, which I'm sure you didn't, because it was on Fox Business Network, it is pretty obvious, at least to me, that Gowdy and Nunes are playing "good cop-bad cop" with Rosenstein. Remember, No one actually got to see any documents at the meeting. Gowdy is taking Rosenstein at his word and going along. Nunes, in the interview, stated that Gowdy is predisposed to honoring law enforcement because of his background. He also said that since Rosenstein has put Gowdy's fears to rest, all Rosenstein needs to do is turn over the docs and he and Gowdy will write the memo in a couple of days and this will all go away. Doesn't that logically make sense? So, why doesn't Rosenstein just let them see the docs? If he does and Gowdy's statements are proven true, I'll come straight here and admit I was wrong.
Having said that, I'll now tell you where Gowdy is wrong. Gowdy said that he was told that this case has never been about Trump. You can easily pull up Comey's video where he announced the beginning of the investigation and he specifically names the Trump campaign. Gowdy also stated he's never heard the word "spy" used in his years of being in law enforcemement. Well, that is because Gowdy operated in criminal law, where inside "informants" are sought out and used regularly. This investigation, however, is a "Counter-Intelligence" investigation. Halper and Mifsud were not previously working inside the campaign. They both were attempting to, and succeeding in making contact with peripheral campaign people. That is the absolute definition of a "SPY". Mifsud injected the information about Hill's emails to Papadop and Halper reinforced it. The problem for the msm narrative is that the Australian ambassador has recently stated that Pappadop never mentioned anything about emails. He also said that neither of them were drunk.

Trump is the President. He is ultimately the one in charge of any and all classified information. Do you not understand that he already knows what the truth is that is being hidden behind all of this withholding of information and redacting?
If you heard heard Nunes interview on Sunday, which I'm sure you didn't, because it was on Fox Business Network, it is pretty obvious, at least to me, that Gowdy and Nunes are playing "good cop-bad cop" with Rosenstein. Remember, No one actually got to see any documents at the meeting. Gowdy is taking Rosenstein at his word and going along. Nunes, in the interview, stated that Gowdy is predisposed to honoring law enforcement because of his background. He also said that since Rosenstein has put Gowdy's fears to rest, all Rosenstein needs to do is turn over the docs and he and Gowdy will write the memo in a couple of days and this will all go away. Doesn't that logically make sense? So, why doesn't Rosenstein just let them see the docs? If he does and Gowdy's statements are proven true, I'll come straight here and admit I was wrong.
Having said that, I'll now tell you where Gowdy is wrong. Gowdy said that he was told that this case has never been about Trump. You can easily pull up Comey's video where he announced the beginning of the investigation and he specifically names the Trump campaign. Gowdy also stated he's never heard the word "spy" used in his years of being in law enforcemement. Well, that is because Gowdy operated in criminal law, where inside "informants" are sought out and used regularly. This investigation, however, is a "Counter-Intelligence" investigation. Halper and Mifsud were not previously working inside the campaign. They both were attempting to, and succeeding in making contact with peripheral campaign people. That is the absolute definition of a "SPY". Mifsud injected the information about Hill's emails to Papadop and Halper reinforced it. The problem for the msm narrative is that the Australian ambassador has recently stated that Pappadop never mentioned anything about emails. He also said that neither of them were drunk.

The problem is that we're acting like it's somehow inappropriate to make sure that a political campaign isn't operating illegally. We're fussing over the word "spy" because it sounds insidious or something. Law enforcement uses informants for all manner of criminal organizations, not just the Trump Campaign. Why should his campaign be immune to scrutiny if there is reasonable suspicion of wrong doing?

The problem is that we're acting like it's somehow inappropriate to make sure that a political campaign isn't operating illegally. We're fussing over the word "spy" because it sounds insidious or something. Law enforcement uses informants for all manner of criminal organizations, not just the Trump Campaign. Why should his campaign be immune to scrutiny if there is reasonable suspicion of wrong doing?

So you will ok when Trump unleashes his CIA, FBI, and DOJ to investigate whoever the dems run against him in 2020? Why should any campaign be immune to scrutiny as long as you can gin up a little reasonable suspicion, right?

So you will ok when Trump unleashes his CIA, FBI, and DOJ to investigate whoever the dems run against him in 2020? Why should any campaign be immune to scrutiny as long as you can gin up a little reasonable suspicion, right?

As long as the evidence that there's reasonable suspicion passes the usual muster then sure. I don't think you have any evidence that this was done with any sort of political intent (if it was why not just say that they were investigating the campaign during the election and tank Trump?) I don't think there is anything improper at all about having someone report back what idiots in the campaign told him. If they'd actually planted a mole or something I assume they'd have needed warrants and such forth. If there was enough suspicion for a judge to sign off on a warrant for a Democrat's 2020 campaign then why would I be upset with that? Why would I even want that person's campaign to move forward?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT