ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Pledges to Eliminate Taxes on Tips

fatpiggy

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2002
Not sure I agree with it or not, but seems like an effective strategy to court votes from the lower end of the wage scale.

Personally I wish we went to the Euro Model and did away with tipping altogether

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This. No better than Bidens student loan handouts as far as buying votes. Plus, he would be lowering taxes on people who already pay very low effective rates. Makes no sense.
100% a tax break is better than a handout. They are very different in my eyes.

Still don't know if I agree with it. I will always advocate for a flat tax. Once we start getting into tax carve outs, the carvers will always be biased. Flat tax is the only way.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Not sure I agree with it or not, but seems like an effective strategy to court votes from the lower end of the wage scale.

Personally I wish we went to the Euro Model and did away with tipping altogether
So I assume you feel the same about Biden's student loan forgiveness?

100% a tax break is better than a handout. They are very different in my eyes.

Still don't know if I agree with it. I will always advocate for a flat tax. Once we start getting into tax carve outs, the carvers will always be biased. Flat tax is the only way.
Hahaha holy shit. You are wayyyyy up your own ass, dude.

How about forgiving student loans on student's waitressing in addition to no taxes on tips.

Sounds like a great way to avoid reality of paying for anything at that age and pandering to young folks

Hahaha holy shit. You are wayyyyy up your own ass, dude.
The are 100% different things. Again, I'm not sure I am in favor of getting rid of taxes on tips, but that is in no way similar to paying off a loan someone willingly took out. How about paying off my mortgage or my car loan?

cool, I'll ask for all my compensation to be declared tips. Tips is the dumbest thing ever and its a racket to begin with.

The are 100% different things. Again, I'm not sure I am in favor of getting rid of taxes on tips, but that is in no way similar to paying off a loan someone willingly took out. How about paying off my mortgage or my car loan?
How about reimbursing me for working my ass off to put two kids through 4 years of college with no loans.

Reactions: CUT93
This is another example of where Trump does stuff that is good strategically and will actually help poor people and the economy as they will turn and spend some of that money. Now the libs being what they are which is not smart are trying to compare it to China Joe forgiving college graduates loans who in a lot of cases are making very good salaries at good jobs and can afford to repay those loans. This is trying to compare apples to oranges....its not the same thing. Trump is smarter than you libs and please do not forget it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT