ADVERTISEMENT

Trump would 'fire tens of thousands of civil servants' and 'gut the government' to sort his agenda if he runs and wins in 2024

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Sign me up. In total support of this idea.

• Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024
  • As many as 50,000 government workers could be on the chopping block
  • He would clean house of mid-level staffers at the Pentagon, Justice Department, State Department and beyond and bring in 'America First' candidates
  • The order would reclassify tens of thousands of civil servants who were deemed to have some influence over policy as 'Schedule F' employees
  • This would strip them of their employment protections and make them political appointees
By MORGAN PHILLIPS, POLITICS REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:38 EDT, 22 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:44 EDT, 22 July 2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-civil-servants-runs-wins-2024.html#comments
Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block.
The former president, if elected again, would move in with a plan being drawn up now to 'drain the swamp' and cut tens of thousands of civil servants from what are typically apolitical roles, according to an Axios report.
He would clean house of mid-level staffers at the Pentagon, Justice Department, State Department and beyond and bring in thoroughly vetted candidates who were found to be more closely aligned with his 'America First' agenda.
After interviews with over a dozen Trump-world insiders the outlet's investigation found that Trump is planning to use an executive order called 'Schedule F,' which he issued in October 2020 and Biden later rescinded.
The order would reclassify tens of thousands of civil servants who were deemed to have some influence over policy as 'Schedule F' employees, which would strip them of their employment protections.
New presidents typically replace about 4,000 political appointees to align agencies with their new agenda, but below them are a mass of federal workers who have strong employment protections and typically continue in their role from one administration to the next.
The Trump official who came up with the Schedule F order said it could apply to as many as 50,000 of the some-two million federal workers. Other Trump allies say the figure will not be nearly that high because firing a smaller segment of anti-Trump 'bad apples' would be enough to trigger 'behavior change.'
Doing so could strip mid-level government staffers of any sense of job stability and set a new precedent forcing future new presidents to seek out and install their own loyalists throughout the bureaucracy.
Russ Vought, the former head of Trump's Office of Management and Budget, is reportedly working on plans to make the security clearance process less onerous so that more government workers could be made political appointees.
'We are consciously bringing on the toughest and most courageous fighters with the know-how and credibility to crush the deep state,' Vought told Axios.
Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block

Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block

RELATED ARTICLES​

While Trump and many of his former top aides and allies are no longer on speaking terms, the former president is relying on a close cadre of still-trusted former advisors who are working with conservative organizations to line up talent. It's also thought that for top jobs, Trump will bring in only those who most actively supported his 2020 election fraud claims.
Jeffrey Clark, a controversial lawyer who advocated for a plan to contest the election results and now finds himself in the crosshairs of the Jan. 6 committee and the FBI, is thought to be in line for attorney general.
Sources close to the former president said that Ric Grenell has a decent shot at a secretary of State nomination. As acting director of national intelligence, Grenell was one of Trump's favorite officials toward the end, as he worked to declassify material from the Trump-Russia investigation. Grenell, who now works on Newsmax, said on the network earlier this year: 'I'm not going to stop until we prosecute [Trump's former FBI director] Jim Comey.'
Kash Patel, the chief of staff to Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller at the time of the attack on the Capitol, would likely be in line for a top national security job at the White House. If he could make it through a Senate confirmation, he could even be appointed CIA or FBI director, according to Trump allies.
Patel was a key author behind former Rep. Devin Nunes' memo accusing the Department of Justice and FBI of abusing surveillance laws in a politically motivated effort to take down Trump.

The former president, if elected again, would move in with a plan being drawn up now to 'drain the swamp' and cut tens of thousands of civil servants from what are typically apolitical roles
Former Trump officials still in his orbit who are working on developing personnel, policy and legal plans for a potential future presidency include Vought, former chief of staff Mark Meadows, former advisor Stephen Miller, Ed Corrigan, Wesley Denton, Brooke Rollins, James Sherk, Andrew Kloster and Troup Hemenway.
Others who remain close and could be in contention for another White House role include Dan Scavino, John McEntee, Richard Grenell, Kash Patel, Robert O'Brien, David Bernhardt, John Ratcliffe, Peter Navarro and Pam Bondi.

In other words, let me fill the government with sycophants who will do my bidding and my bidding only. Like a dictator. It’s so sad people can’t see who he really is. Or want America to be a dictatorship that worships him.

In other words, let me fill the government with sycophants who will do my bidding and my bidding only. Like a dictator. It’s so sad people can’t see who he really is. Or want America to be a dictatorship that worships him.
In other words, lets get rid of deep state operatives not beholden or doing the bidding of the American People. Its also called draining the swamp. The actual insurrection was witnessed during the entire Trump first term.

Just batshit insane that you all support this with pride.

These are your neighbors and fellow Americans just trying to do a good job.

You should be ashamed.

Not surprised at all that you don't see the absolute lunacy in this.

Just batshit insane that you all support this with pride.

These are your neighbors and fellow Americans just trying to do a good job.

You should be ashamed.

Not surprised at all that you don't see the absolute lunacy in this.
Don't forget that most of these newly unemployed people will file for unemployment benefits which the gov't will end up paying for. Really such a great idea!!

In other words, lets get rid of deep state operatives not beholden or doing the bidding of the American People. Its also called draining the swamp. The actual insurrection was witnessed during the entire Trump first term.

The notion that only those that agree with him politically should be working in politics is unamerican and anathema to a fully functioning democracy.

Seriously, this is the worst thing you've posted. The worst.

I can't share enough how ****ed up and unamerican this is.

Sign me up. In total support of this idea.

• Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024
  • As many as 50,000 government workers could be on the chopping block
  • He would clean house of mid-level staffers at the Pentagon, Justice Department, State Department and beyond and bring in 'America First' candidates
  • The order would reclassify tens of thousands of civil servants who were deemed to have some influence over policy as 'Schedule F' employees
  • This would strip them of their employment protections and make them political appointees
By MORGAN PHILLIPS, POLITICS REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:38 EDT, 22 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:44 EDT, 22 July 2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-civil-servants-runs-wins-2024.html#comments
Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block.
The former president, if elected again, would move in with a plan being drawn up now to 'drain the swamp' and cut tens of thousands of civil servants from what are typically apolitical roles, according to an Axios report.
He would clean house of mid-level staffers at the Pentagon, Justice Department, State Department and beyond and bring in thoroughly vetted candidates who were found to be more closely aligned with his 'America First' agenda.
After interviews with over a dozen Trump-world insiders the outlet's investigation found that Trump is planning to use an executive order called 'Schedule F,' which he issued in October 2020 and Biden later rescinded.
The order would reclassify tens of thousands of civil servants who were deemed to have some influence over policy as 'Schedule F' employees, which would strip them of their employment protections.
New presidents typically replace about 4,000 political appointees to align agencies with their new agenda, but below them are a mass of federal workers who have strong employment protections and typically continue in their role from one administration to the next.
The Trump official who came up with the Schedule F order said it could apply to as many as 50,000 of the some-two million federal workers. Other Trump allies say the figure will not be nearly that high because firing a smaller segment of anti-Trump 'bad apples' would be enough to trigger 'behavior change.'
Doing so could strip mid-level government staffers of any sense of job stability and set a new precedent forcing future new presidents to seek out and install their own loyalists throughout the bureaucracy.
Russ Vought, the former head of Trump's Office of Management and Budget, is reportedly working on plans to make the security clearance process less onerous so that more government workers could be made political appointees.
'We are consciously bringing on the toughest and most courageous fighters with the know-how and credibility to crush the deep state,' Vought told Axios.
Donald Trump has plans to purge the so-called 'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block'deep state' beyond what any president has done before if he runs for and wins the presidency in 2024 and as many as 50,000 government workers could find themselves on the chopping block

RELATED ARTICLES​

While Trump and many of his former top aides and allies are no longer on speaking terms, the former president is relying on a close cadre of still-trusted former advisors who are working with conservative organizations to line up talent. It's also thought that for top jobs, Trump will bring in only those who most actively supported his 2020 election fraud claims.
Jeffrey Clark, a controversial lawyer who advocated for a plan to contest the election results and now finds himself in the crosshairs of the Jan. 6 committee and the FBI, is thought to be in line for attorney general.
Sources close to the former president said that Ric Grenell has a decent shot at a secretary of State nomination. As acting director of national intelligence, Grenell was one of Trump's favorite officials toward the end, as he worked to declassify material from the Trump-Russia investigation. Grenell, who now works on Newsmax, said on the network earlier this year: 'I'm not going to stop until we prosecute [Trump's former FBI director] Jim Comey.'
Kash Patel, the chief of staff to Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller at the time of the attack on the Capitol, would likely be in line for a top national security job at the White House. If he could make it through a Senate confirmation, he could even be appointed CIA or FBI director, according to Trump allies.
Patel was a key author behind former Rep. Devin Nunes' memo accusing the Department of Justice and FBI of abusing surveillance laws in a politically motivated effort to take down Trump.

The former president, if elected again, would move in with a plan being drawn up now to 'drain the swamp' and cut tens of thousands of civil servants from what are typically apolitical roles
Former Trump officials still in his orbit who are working on developing personnel, policy and legal plans for a potential future presidency include Vought, former chief of staff Mark Meadows, former advisor Stephen Miller, Ed Corrigan, Wesley Denton, Brooke Rollins, James Sherk, Andrew Kloster and Troup Hemenway.
Others who remain close and could be in contention for another White House role include Dan Scavino, John McEntee, Richard Grenell, Kash Patel, Robert O'Brien, David Bernhardt, John Ratcliffe, Peter Navarro and Pam Bondi.
This is some full on dictator shit

Yes, fight fire with fire...the demonrats have been doing this for decades

No. They. Haven't. No administration in history, no matter the party, has ever done anything like this. Ever.

And you won't find a shred of evidence to back your ignorance up.

You should be ashamed. this is how North Korea and china run their government. Move there.

Just look at Biden and Obama, and how they do all they can to strip the middle class of their money. How dem run cities allow a knife attack on a sitting member of the other party, only to let them off without punishment. How they do all that they can to weaken the once strongest country and economy in the world...promote equality without effort...no way am I ok with busting my ass to support those that won't work...no sir...

I'm much more in the middle, but if I HAVE to pick a "dictator", he or she would be conservative. Period.

We're in obumma's 3rd term RIGHT NOW...

Last edited:
Just look at Biden and Obama, and how they do all they can to strip the middle class of their money. How dem run cities allow a knife attack on a sitting member of the other party, only to let them off without punishment. How they do all that they can to weaken the once strongest country and economy in the world...promote equality without effort...no way am I ok with busting my ass to support those that won't work...no sir...

I'm much more in the middle, but if I HAVE to pick a "dictator", he or she would be conservative. Period.

Stop lying to yourself. You aren't "in the middle". What you just typed is right wing nonsense. And what you've supported itt is literal fascism. You aren't "in the middle".

ITT we say un-intellectual nonsense about things we don't like and pretend they are worse than the loss of our democracy.

Stop lying to yourself. You aren't "in the middle". What you just typed is right wing nonsense. And what you've supported itt is literal fascism. You aren't "in the middle".
I really do see your point..as I troll..but no doubt EACH SIDE sees the other as fascists...zero denying this...I'll bounce from fox news to CNN, msnbc, espn, or wherever, and we're so divided that all we do is finger point and call the other side fascists, commie, you name it...

I do believe that we should earn our way, and I also believe in free speech.

My dem friends and I, as well as my pub friends and I can get along just fine...I've seen good and bad examples of both. I don't agree with much of Biden or Obama want, but I really didn't love trump either...I'm 42, and don't believe I've seen a good, honest, non-divisive president in my lifetime. Today, though, I WOULD vote for DeSantis...so hate away...

I’m kinda just meh on Trump at this point, if not going cold on him, but burning the whole fvcking thing to the ground is the only chance this country has of making it long term

At this rate we’re completely ****ed in 2-3 decades

Yeah, it's completely insane!

The U.S. holocaust museum has a poster with "early warning signs of fascism":

signs-fascism-holocaust-museum-usa-5f57755412921__700.jpg

Trump hits EVERY single of them. What is crazy is that either his supporters don't see it (unlikely) or they see it and are okay with it. The constant polarization and attacks on the "enemy" has gotten people in a frenzy where they see fellow Americans as monsters / threats. Absolutely batshit crazy.

Here's a Reddit post from FIVE YEARS ago, before all the "election was stolen" big lie:

biWNwSTOjIfd346huo4lx3bprpHKBMPBNHI452Y5Js8.jpg

Look at this thread, some people are totally okay with a political takeover of institutions. Of course, they are presenting it as the fascists are the victims and they are simply replacing "oppressors"... (lol at deep state...).

The uber-simplification of everything in simpleton terms of "us vs. them" is going to lead to a civil war. These poor snowflake MAGAs are always the damsels in distress and big Papa Trump is going to save them. It would be funny if they weren't doing all of the other fascist things. But put together, that's a scary picture....

I’m kinda just meh on Trump at this point, if not going cold on him, but burning the whole fvcking thing to the ground is the only chance this country has of making it long term

At this rate we’re completely ****ed in 2-3 decades
You are probably right, to be honest. The system isn't working. Both sides are trying to manipulate a shitshow. Might as well start over with a better framework and rules. That's one of the points made in this article:

Some of the potential changes:
"The wish list from several democracy experts I spoke with is long, and includes passing the Electoral Count Act, creating a constitutional right to vote, reforming districting so more elections are competitive, establishing a nonpartisan national election-management body, electing the president via popular vote, reducing the gap in representation between states like California and Wyoming, introducing some level of proportional representation or multimember districts, aggressively regulating campaign spending and the role of money in politics, and enforcing an upper age limit for Supreme Court justices. But virtually all of those ideas are currently political fantasies."

I think I could fully support this...

This is a really, really bad idea. We know this b/c this is how it used to be. Half the government is political appointees ... and when a new president is elected he'd put his own folks in. So you have a good part of the government with all new employees every 4 or 8 years. We changed it b/c the government basically fell apart for a year or so while folks learned to do their jobs.

The notion that only those that agree with him politically should be working in politics is unamerican and anathema to a fully functioning democracy.

How about coming back to reality dude. The dems are the worst at unilaterally firing republicans govt employees when they take power. Biden is even currently firing Trump appointed border judges now, so take your righteous indignation and put it back in the box where it belongs.

Trump does not want to fire in order to put people in there that only answer to him. He is going to fire currently protected political hacks after taking away their protection. They will be held to account for performance like 99% of us in the real world are every day of the week. This career govt bureaucracy attacked Trump like he was a space invader instead of doing their job and they need to removed.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!! i AM NOT KIDDING AT ALL HERE. DRAIN THE SWAMP!!

Last edited:

This is a really, really bad idea. We know this b/c this is how it used to be. Half the government is political appointees ... and when a new president is elected he'd put his own folks in. So you have a good part of the government with all new employees every 4 or 8 years. We changed it b/c the government basically fell apart for a year or so while folks learned to do their jobs.
No, I actually agree with you on this a hunnit percent...horrible idea...terrible look, and sets a precedent that the other side is much better at playing. Not to mention, while I was a trump supporters the first time, I'm definitely not now...he's coming across as crazy as the dems...I'd be for DeSantis, for sure...Trump has lost his mind...lol, I'm not trying to add to the problem. Now, he sounds like he wants to replace the swamp with his own...we don't want that from either side...I wish we, the PEOPLE, could clean house and start over lol

Is this unamerican?

Reactions: CUTiger1977
No. They. Haven't. No administration in history, no matter the party, has ever done anything like this. Ever.

And you won't find a shred of evidence to back your ignorance up.

You should be ashamed. this is how North Korea and china run their government. Move there.
Simply our educational systems (grade school and universities), along with 90% of the media…

So yes, the Dems have. Yikes

I really do see your point..as I troll..but no doubt EACH SIDE sees the other as fascists...zero denying this...I'll bounce from fox news to CNN, msnbc, espn, or wherever, and we're so divided that all we do is finger point and call the other side fascists, commie, you name it...

I do believe that we should earn our way, and I also believe in free speech.

My dem friends and I, as well as my pub friends and I can get along just fine...I've seen good and bad examples of both. I don't agree with much of Biden or Obama want, but I really didn't love trump either...I'm 42, and don't believe I've seen a good, honest, non-divisive president in my lifetime. Today, though, I WOULD vote for DeSantis...so hate away...
Very middle ground here.

Reactions: Mr.Fitzwell
You are probably right, to be honest. The system isn't working. Both sides are trying to manipulate a shitshow. Might as well start over with a better framework and rules. That's one of the points made in this article:

Some of the potential changes:
"The wish list from several democracy experts I spoke with is long, and includes passing the Electoral Count Act, creating a constitutional right to vote, reforming districting so more elections are competitive, establishing a nonpartisan national election-management body, electing the president via popular vote, reducing the gap in representation between states like California and Wyoming, introducing some level of proportional representation or multimember districts, aggressively regulating campaign spending and the role of money in politics, and enforcing an upper age limit for Supreme Court justices. But virtually all of those ideas are currently political fantasies."
Yeah no thanks. More government sounds like the worst idea possible.

Non-partisan election management body? Have you lost your mind?

Yeah no thanks. More government sounds like the worst idea possible.

Non-partisan election management body? Have you lost your mind?
That’s what they did in Michigan to end gerrymandering. Registered voters from Michigan can apply to be on the commission and there’s a random drawing to pull 4 Republicans, 4 Democrats and 5 Independents. They are citizens that work together to draw non-partisan districts. This November will be the first time these districts are used. You can watch the movie “Slay the dragon” to learn about it. You will learn about Redmap, who has been the #1 source of gerrymandering for the past 10 years (it’s a Republican initiative).

FWIW, I didn’t say all the things were the right thing, I quoted an article with the author’s preferred options. I am of non-elected officials / commissions as well because it feels like they could be manipulated and there could be even less transparency.

But something needs to change or we are in a collision course.

Reactions: yoshi121374
How about coming back to reality dude. The dems are the worst at unilaterally firing republicans govt employees when they take power. Biden is even currently firing Trump appointed border judges now, so take your righteous indignation and put it back in the box where it belongs.

Trump does not want to fire in order to put people in there that only answer to him. He is going to fire currently protected political hacks after taking away their protection. They will be held to account for performance like 99% of us in the real world are every day of the week. This career govt bureaucracy attacked Trump like he was a space invader instead of doing their job and they need to removed.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!! i AM NOT KIDDING AT ALL HERE. DRAIN THE SWAMP!!
I can't like this enough...unfortunately, nor am I able to express my remedial minded messages this well...ty kind sir

Reactions: TigerGrowls
That’s what they did in Michigan to end gerrymandering. Registered voters from Michigan can apply to be on the commission and there’s a random drawing to pull 4 Republicans, 4 Democrats and 5 Independents. They are citizens that work together to draw non-partisan districts. This November will be the first time these districts are used. You can watch the movie “Slay the dragon” to learn about it. You will learn about Redmap, who has been the #1 source of gerrymandering for the past 10 years (it’s a Republican initiative).

FWIW, I didn’t say all the things were the right thing, I quoted an article with the author’s preferred options. I am of non-elected officials / commissions as well because it feels like they could be manipulated and there could be even less transparency.

But something needs to change or we are in a collision course.
When you mention “independents”, I thought of Captain Independent himself…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT