ADVERTISEMENT

Truth claims? Christians..

I wish I was naive enough to believe in a book of hokum that promised me everlasting life in a paradise. Hate to burst the bubble, but once you die you’re worm food. Nothing more.
I wish I was naive enough to degrade people who have different beliefs than my own all while being a condescending ass...oh wait, no I dont. Hate to burst your bubble though...no one cares what you believe or what you think.

Don't know nothing about the man. Not judging him at all. But as @funkbott mentioned he settled out of court with the woman. Has been other things brought up about the Doctrine degree and his education that didn't add up. He may be a great man of God that will be between him and the Lord.[/QUOTE I had no idea this was even an issue . However read this article. Anybody who is in a position of influence will be accused. Ravi is actually the one who filed the lawsuit.....not the woman. Would your reputation be tarnished If a woman accused you of sexual harassment?
https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...ing-extortion-lawsuit-doctorate-bio-rzim.html

Last edited:
Don't know nothing about the man. Not judging him at all. But as @funkbott mentioned he settled out of court with the woman. Has been other things brought up about the Doctrine degree and his education that didn't add up. He may be a great man of God that will be between him and the Lord.

According to Wikipedia, a couple of his promotional materials referred to him as "Dr.," despite him only having an honorary doctorate. When this was pointed out, they changed it. I'm sure dude isn't perfect, but he doesn't seem to be super problematic.

Only problem I have is no way I would agree and settle anything if I were innocent. Then on the agreement you can't say anything about the situation. Why commit suicide if you are innocent or even do it if you are guilty for as that goes. I just hope he brings many to the Kingdom through his ministry.

Zacharias declined to comment to CT on the image of the emails showing the apparent suicide threat, citing the nondisclosure agreement.

Zacharias dropped his lawsuit on November 9. He said Sunday that the couple requested mediation instead of going to trial, and the parties reached a private settlement.

“All communication with both of them has concluded, and the legal matters have been resolved,” said Zacharias. “However, at this time, unfortunately I am legally prevented from answering or even discussing the questions and claims being made by some, other than to say that each side paid for their own legal expenses and no ministry funds were used.”

Only problem I have is no way I would agree and settle anything if I were innocent. Then on the agreement you can't say anything about the situation. Why commit suicide if you are innocent or even do it if you are guilty for as that goes. I just hope he brings many to the Kingdom through his ministry.

Zacharias declined to comment to CT on the image of the emails showing the apparent suicide threat, citing the nondisclosure agreement.

Zacharias dropped his lawsuit on November 9. He said Sunday that the couple requested mediation instead of going to trial, and the parties reached a private settlement.

“All communication with both of them has concluded, and the legal matters have been resolved,” said Zacharias. “However, at this time, unfortunately I am legally prevented from anshttps://www.christianitytoday.com/n...ing-extortion-lawsuit-doctorate-bio-rzim.htmlwering or even discussing the questions and claims being made by some, other than to say that each side paid for their own legal expenses and no ministry funds were used.”
He didn’t try to commit suicide recently. He tried when he was 17. It led to his salvation.”im usually in full agreement with you. But not now. I will say this to though. Everyone will eventually disappoint you because they’re human. But the word God abides forever. Isiah 40:8

He didn’t try to commit suicide recently. He tried when he was 17. It led to his salvation.”im usually in full agreement with you. But not now. I will say this to though. Everyone will eventually disappoint you because they’re human. But the word of God abides forever. Isiah 40:8

He didn’t try to commit suicide recently. He tried when he was 17. It led to his salvation.”im usually in full agreement with you. But not now. I will say this though. Everyone will eventually disappoint you because they’re human. But the word of God abides forever. Isiah 40:8

He didn’t try to commit suicide recently. He tried when he was 17. It led to his salvation.”im usually in full agreement with you. But not now. I will say this to though. Everyone will eventually disappoint you because they’re human. But the word God abides forever. Isiah 40:8
Just way the article read it sounded like he threatened suicide to her when she was blackmailing him. I don't know because that was sealed also. If he didn't have nothing to hide he should have fought her and released all documents that's just my opinion. I don't understand why the lady isn't in jail if he was clean. That's blackmail and for 5 million? But you are correct all humans will let you down in some way me included.

Reactions: Essolover4
I wish I was naive enough to believe in a book of hokum that promised me everlasting life in a paradise. Hate to burst the bubble, but once you die you’re worm food. Nothing more.
Have you ever read the Bible? If not, if you read it, you would find that GOD will speak to you through his word! Twenty-five percent of the Bible is Prophecy & it’s 100% accurate 100% of the time! I encourage you to read John 14,15 & 16! By the way, world events are coming to pass just like the Bible said they would. In near future, the economies of the world will crash, including ours & the antichrist will step on the world stage & he & the false prophet will make everyone, small & great, rich & poor, free & bond take a mark (RFID Chip) in their right hand or forehead. Whoever doesn’t won’t be able to buy or sell! (Revelation 13) Read Revelation 14 & see what happens to those who take mark (RFID Chip) I’m telling you this ahead of time, so when it happens, you’ll know the Bible is true! By the way, the RFID chip is in Obamacare & it is the mark of beast as recorded in Revelation 13! The 4th beast in Daniel 7 is the New World Order, which the global elite are putting the final touches on!

Don’t disagree, but I think many of us TRY to be good. At least we are forgiven.
Don’t disagree, but I think many of us TRY to be good. At least we are forgiven.
Don't disagree with you either.

All the world's religions are based upon some kind of 'try', some kind of do-good "works".

There are 2 major problems with that:

1) No one knows what the 'passing grade' is. Plus no one know how much the 'good' deeds count, nor how much the 'bad' deeds count. So, while I will not call out any particular cult/religion, those working so very hard on being 'good' have NO IDEA where they stand. They can never know. ......talk about fretting!

2) So as to totally discredit myself........I will answer the puzzle presented in #1
I believe that only One Man lived a perfect life; there are logical reasons for that, though based upon faith and logic combined. We must also assume (fact) that God's standard is perfection. Absolute.

But, let's say for the sake of argument that someone lived an almost perfect life. I mean, really incredibly good......to the tune of only ONE little sin. So, let's say, that's only a 'minus 1'. Great Score!!!
But not perfect.
How does one do 'perfect + 1' to get back to perfection? Obviously = impossible

Therefore, we have all fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)

The result: By the Grace of God alone can anyone be saved. They can't work hard enough, they can't try hard enough. Can't be done. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

There is a LOT more to the story, ah........but that's for another time.

I agree, there is no so-called "truth" to science, but that's not my point.

When the above author (or any for that matter) makes a claim of "truth", it is not based on the same proven "factual-scientific" truth that you and I believe in when we turn the key on in our car. We "believe" the wheel won't fall off (if properly maintained) because it has been "proven" through many rigorous tests and through many scientific methods of tensile strength for every imaginable material. The consensus is, it's the truth.

My point is, if someone is going to make a claim of "truth" to me, then it better be proven. In other words, the WHOLE worlds population believes that a car wheel won't fall off, the simple question is, why don't all of these same people believe this so-called truth about Christianity? Doesn't it seem as though one would be much more significant than the other, if it was "true"....
Are you simply being obstinate, or is there a little something pulling you to ask these questions?

You make, to me, very little sense in your arguments, but I see the emotion with which they are asked.
This post is an example.
If everyone in the world believed that the wheel WOULD fall off, and it didn't......where is the truth?

Should Congress pass a law against gravity, would that stop the apple from falling?

You seem interested.
You seem to be searching.

That is a good thing.

Reactions: DieHard4Clemson
I would like to point out that if someone ITT or out believes differently than Christians and even acts like a jerk about it, being a jerk back will do absolutely nothing to show him what Jesus looks like. I realize sometimes that’s difficult because you feel like you’re being personally attacked but you’re not. He is and He’s okay with it. He’s more interested in your response to the “attack”.

I would like to point out that if someone ITT or out believes differently than Christians and even acts like a jerk about it, being a jerk back will do absolutely nothing to show him what Jesus looks like. I realize sometimes that’s difficult because you feel like you’re being personally attacked but you’re not. He is and He’s okay with it. He’s more interested in your response to the “attack”.
but if feels so good to tell them "we'll see how smart you are when you are burning in hell with the majority of the world while i am in paradise with the people like me"

Reactions: BHSRebels89
Have you ever read the Bible? If not, if you read it, you would find that GOD will speak to you through his word! Twenty-five percent of the Bible is Prophecy & it’s 100% accurate 100% of the time! I encourage you to read John 14,15 & 16! By the way, world events are coming to pass just like the Bible said they would. In near future, the economies of the world will crash, including ours & the antichrist will step on the world stage & he & the false prophet will make everyone, small & great, rich & poor, free & bond take a mark (RFID Chip) in their right hand or forehead. Whoever doesn’t won’t be able to buy or sell! (Revelation 13) Read Revelation 14 & see what happens to those who take mark (RFID Chip) I’m telling you this ahead of time, so when it happens, you’ll know the Bible is true! By the way, the RFID chip is in Obamacare & it is the mark of beast as recorded in Revelation 13! The 4th beast in Daniel 7 is the New World Order, which the global elite are putting the final touches on!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rychek4
I said what I said.

You interpreted it the way you wanted to.

Ask Dabo.
I'll go with his answer.

Yeah let me go ask Dabo real quick, get over yourself. Pride is evil and your full of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT