ADVERTISEMENT

Two police officers shot in Dallas

CU1TruTiger4Life

Kokopelli
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
BFE, USA
While a protest march was going on. Hope they are still alive. Looks like it was rifle shots from a parking garage.

Personally, I've had enough of all of this. Couple of points just to get it off my chest:

- On one hand, police officers who make bad decisions need to be punished 100%. The 1st incident I will wait until an investigation is complete. The 2nd looks like it's completely on the cop. 100% accountability on all officers who are found to make bad decisions like this. However, to have folks try and take two single incidents and apply them to all cops is just plain stupid. I know a lot of good cops.

- On the other hand, you can't react by killing those that you oppose! This is part of the problem that we need to get through our ignorant skulls. You can't have two of "yours" die just to go and kill two if "theirs" who have ZERO relation to the incidents that occurred then have the whole community act like it's ok after they were just in an uproar over the previous two incidents. Just plain ignorance and its sickening. And the fact that the killer will be saluted and cheered is even more sickening.

- 100% guarantee there are more cops killed at the hands of black folks than the other way around. I know cops have a "greater" code of conduct and more responsibility to their actions, but let's be real here. Cop dies, no big deal.

- I'm Puerto Rican and my culture is killing each other on the island daily so I can speak to this. The black community also needs to STOP killing each other. More deaths occur from black to black crime than any other in our nation but no big deal is being made from that. Are they racist against each other?

- Why is the current white population that didn't exist during slavery or at least didn't participate in it being punished for those that did? All white people aren't the same and don't have the same beliefs. Why must the black community act like all whites are against them.

- We need to all get over ourselves and realize that we are all people no matter the color of our skin or place of origin.

Not sure what the answer is here as I honestly believe our President has done more to exacerbate the issue than to help it.

Personally, I've had enough of all of this. Couple of points just to get it off my chest:

- On one hand, police officers who make bad decisions need to be punished 100%. The 1st incident I will wait until an investigation is complete. The 2nd looks like it's completely on the cop. 100% accountability on all officers who are found to make bad decisions like this. However, to have folks try and take two single incidents and apply them to all cops is just plain stupid. I know a lot of good cops.

- On the other hand, you can't react by killing those that you oppose! This is part of the problem that we need to get through our ignorant skulls. You can't have two of "yours" die just to go and kill two if "theirs" who have ZERO relation to the incidents that occurred then have the whole community act like it's ok after they were just in an uproar over the previous two incidents. Just plain ignorance and its sickening. And the fact that the killer will be saluted and cheered is even more sickening.

- 100% guarantee there are more cops killed at the hands of black folks than the other way around. I know cops have a "greater" code of conduct and more responsibility to their actions, but let's be real here. Cop dies, no big deal.

- I'm Puerto Rican and my culture is killing each other on the island daily so I can speak to this. The black community also needs to STOP killing each other. More deaths occur from black to black crime than any other in our nation but no big deal is being made from that. Are they racist against each other?

- Why is the current white population that didn't exist during slavery or at least didn't participate in it being punished for those that did? All white people aren't the same and don't have the same beliefs. Why must the black community act like all whites are against them.

- We need to all get over ourselves and realize that we are all people no matter the color of our skin or place of origin.

Not sure what the answer is here as I honestly believe our President has done more to exacerbate the issue than to help it.

Take a couple of laps

This is wrong, but it made me curious so I looked up officer fatalities. 53 have died in the line of duty so far in '16. 130 in '15.

136 African Americans have been killed by police this year.

I do think it's fair to state that officer fatalities outnumber the number of negligent African American police shootings - like today's unfortunate incident - by an extremely unbalanced ratio. Meaning, far more innocent police officers die in the line of duty than innocent African Americans die at the hands of police officers. Not that that statistic makes any of this okay.

"100% guarantee there are more cops killed at the hands of black folks than the other way around. I know cops have a "greater" code of conduct and more responsibility to their actions, but let's be real here. Cop dies, no big deal."

This is not true. Last year 42 police officers were shot and killed. (the 130 number includes things like traffic incidents--getting hit by a car, accidents, etc).

Prayers to the officers and their families, hopefully none are confirmed dead or sustain any permanent injuries.

People are tired of the bull shit going on in this country, and they are making it known.

Which BS? Cops abusing power? Cops being targeted? Clinton lying to the people and being full retard with classified information? Trump saying one stupid thing after another? Girls wanting to be boys? Boys wanting to use the women's restroom? Our founding fathers have to be throwing up in their graves.

This is wrong, but it made me curious so I looked up officer fatalities. 53 have died in the line of duty so far in '16. 130 in '15.

136 African Americans have been killed by police this year.

I do think it's fair to state that officer fatalities outnumber the number of negligent African American police shootings - like today's unfortunate incident - by an extremely unbalanced ratio. Meaning, far more innocent police officers die in the line of duty than innocent African Americans die at the hands of police officers. Not that that statistic makes any of this okay.

I'd like to see a link to the 136 at the hands of cops so far this year when it was 102 last year.

Couple facts:

- 50% of cop killings have been to whites. 26% to blacks. Yes I know whites make up a larger % of population, but blacks have a larger % of violent crimes also.

- More whites and hispanics die to cop homicides than blacks.

I'm just wanting to challenge this thought process that's occurring in our country right now. Cops killing people in general is wrong and if not done lawfully, then they need to be held accountable. ALL lives matter including those in blue.

*Disclaimer - I'm not white nor black which makes me a minority still.

I Wonder if Obama will make a speech about how all Americans should be concerned for this shooting?

Extreme-Facepalm-Meme-01.png

No, no no man. This isnt the first time that C*m stain has popped his mouth off about this kind of shit with out all the facts. In no way is it the presidents job to make the kind of comments that he did. All that junk does is make a bad situation worse. This may have nothing to do with any of what he said, but you can bett your sweet ass all he will talk about is gun control in response to this shooting.

So you disagree with him making a speech earlier today?
I disagree with his wording. He all but said that he thinks the cops were wrong without knowing the facts. As president he needs o keep that shit to himself if thats what he believes. At least until all the facts are known.

Reactions: ClemsonNY13
I'd like to see a link to the 136 at the hands of cops so far this year when it was 102 last year.

Couple facts:

- 50% of cop killings have been to whites. 26% to blacks. Yes I know whites make up a larger % of population, but blacks have a larger % of violent crimes also.

- More whites and hispanics die to cop homicides than blacks.

I'm just wanting to challenge this thought process that's occurring in our country right now. Cops killing people in general is wrong and if not done lawfully, then they need to be held accountable. ALL lives matter including those in blue.

*Disclaimer - I'm not white nor black which makes me a minority still.

The percentages you listed make sense as white people make up about 51% of arrests and black people make up about 28% of arrests. So you can reasonably assume that incidents of each race killing police would follow a similar trend.

I haven't seen the aggregate number of white and Hispanic homicides by police, but it would make sense that the number is higher being that whites and Hispanics make up roughly 69% of annual arrests.

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
I disagree with his wording. He all but said that he thinks the cops were wrong without knowing the facts. As president he needs o keep that shit to himself if thats what he believes. At least until all the facts are known.

How do you know what facts he has in front of him? What were your thoughts on the public statement that the Governor of Minneaota made today?

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
Which BS? Cops abusing power? Cops being targeted? Clinton lying to the people and being full retard with classified information? Trump saying one stupid thing after another? Girls wanting to be boys? Boys wanting to use the women's restroom? Our founding fathers have to be throwing up in their graves.

Yep - we are committing national suicide. We've been here before: 1850s, 1890s, 1930s, 1960s, but always managed to recover. Hope we can this time too.

Fvck you.

Ok maybe he shouldn't have said it like that, but don't get your panties in a wad man.

TBH, this BLM movement has caused more strife between races than anything else. BLM is on fire today after two black deaths at the hands of cops, should the CLM movement now respond with what's occurring in Dallas?

BLM is an ignorant way to position something like this. It's an ineffective strategy...sorry you can't see it.

Reactions: C-TeamHOF
4 officers dead, 7 injured. If these killers are black, will BLM say ANYTHING regarding this?

Ok maybe he shouldn't have said it like that, but don't get your panties in a wad man.

TBH, this BLM movement has caused more strife between races than anything else. BLM is on fire today after two black deaths at the hands of cops, should the CLM movement now respond with what's occurring in Dallas?

BLM is an ignorant way to position something like this. It's an ineffective strategy...sorry you can't see it.

2 murderers don't represent an entire movement the same way 2 police officers don't represent all police officers. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Reactions: KansasClemson215
NRA helps militarize the public. Police militarize as a response. People die. Rinse. Repeat. Not sure how ya'll can't see the vicious cycle of non gun control.

Reactions: ClemTiger9
I second this. The asshat is already assuming the shooter is black. As they always like to say " let's wait until all the facts are out"
I have no idea if the shooter was black or not but reports it spawned from the BLM protests. They aren't a peaceful movement. Now kindly go fist yourself.

Reactions: blizzard
Obama stated that he was glad the incidents were being investigated but then makes it very clear that he has come to his conclusion. As the President of the United States, it is his job to let the investigation and justice system run its course. Sadly, this is very poor leadership on his part. And even worse that 8 years into his presidency that such was not immediately apparent to him before making his statement.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
ADVERTISEMENT