ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today reverses course admits their stance was wrong

WinstonW101

Kokopelli
Gold Member
May 15, 2016
No Fly Zone
Nope they doubled down .. the decision to play footballs ... “The darkest day in the history of the conference “...

Worse than penn st and Sandusky worse than Nasser abusing the USA gymnastics for decades

Also who knew the worst part of the pandemic is coming in not two weeks but about two months

images

Last edited:
Christine Brennan has shown her true colors in the last decade. She was a pretty solid contributor a long time ago but she is just flat out angry at men making money in sport while women don’t. That simple.

It’s a shame and her column is terrible in every respect.

piece is hyperbolic idiocy.

BUT WE ARE IN EVERYONE'S HEAD ALL THE TIME. NOTE THE COMMENT ABOUT THE ACC BEING "CLEMSON'S PLAYGROUND"

lol, Clemson has gone from a bumbling fool who couldn‘t get out of it’s ow way (Clemsoning) to a big bully who picks on everyone. I think I like the bully stance best......

Is Christine Brennan married?
Brennan has never married, but she loves her nieces and nephews “like they were my own kids,” she says.
Nearly six-feet tall with dark-brown hair and confident shoulders, Brennan turns heads when she enters a room. But her most striking feature is her voice: it is deep and mellow, and Brennan speaks with authority .

Christine Brennan has shown her true colors in the last decade. She was a pretty solid contributor a long time ago but she is just flat out angry at men making money in sport while women don’t. That simple.

It’s a shame and her column is terrible in every respect.

I agree with this assessment.

As a frequent reader of USA Today, I see almost all of her columns. CV19 has her completely unhinged, so this take isn't surprising in the least.

Kinda OT - but these types of articles really remind of what James Carville was lamenting about back in February when he roasted a NYT columnist for being "smug" and "patronizing" Southerners. Here is an excerpt from that interview:

Carville went on to criticize New York Times writer Binyamin Appelbaum for posting a 'snarky' tweet about Louisiana State University (LSU). Appelbaum, an economics writer for the New York Times, posted a tweet about how LSU cancelled classes for the National Championship game. Appelbaum wrote: 'Warren/Sanders free public college proposals include LSU, or would it only apply to actual schools?'
In a scathing attack, Carville said: "You know how f***ing patronizing that is to people in the South or in the middle of the country? First, LSU has an unusually high graduation rate, but that's not the point. It's the goddamn smugness. This is from a guy who lives in New York and serves on the Times editorial board and there's not a single person he knows that doesn't pat him on the back for that kind of tweet. He's so f***ing smart. Appelbaum doesn't speak for the Democratic Party, but he does represent the urbanist mindset," he said. "We can't win the Senate by looking down at people. The Democratic Party has to drive a narrative that doesn't give off vapors that we're smarter than everyone or culturally arrogant."

Both sides have a "holier than thou" contingent. The Left uses education and "culture" while the Right uses religion. It's one of the reasons we are so divisive and ignore facts.

Both sides have a "holier than thou" contingent. The Left uses education and "culture" while the Right uses religion. It's one of the reasons we are so divisive and ignore facts.
Told a good lawyer friend of mine the other day.
You know who has killed this country aside from your peers(Hahahah)?
The Speech and Debate team.

Why?

Because it lays down a belief there’s 2 sides of an argument to be had in every situation when some to many situations don’t need to have an opposing view.

(and this someone who literally questions everything. I doesnt mean you proclaim your opposing view. You need to eat many of these things for the common good.)

Reactions: nsp1996
Living rent free.

asinine comment. As someone who pays a lot of taxes, I think I am entitled to be concerned about the pathological narcissist and liar who occupies the White House. do better.

asinine comment. As someone who pays a lot of taxes, I think I am entitled to be concerned about the pathological narcissist and liar who occupies the White House. do better.

I can see that there is room for me in there too!

Reactions: scartiger
Can there be a thread on this fvcking board without the political bullshit?

I despise current politics and while I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment in most TI threads, Brennan's article was political in nature. There is simply no way it can be discussed without getting political because that is the only basis she has for her debate on the B1G's reversal decision. All current science and protocols established have shown that college football is a safe sport as it relates to CV19. Not once in her article did she mention the factors that were used to cancel football in August: case numbers, myocarditis, potential hospitalizations, students on campus, etc. That's because none of those now support her narrative, so she destroys the same leadership brass that she was celebrating one month ago when they were "intelligent, thoughtful leaders" using "good old-fashioned Midwestern common sense."

Read her article in August when the B1G "postponed" football and you can see exactly her motivation behind the latest article, especially in her last sentence. She's an elitist...and is playing politics in her commentary.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-canceling-big-ten-pac-12-seasons/3348794001/

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Nope they doubled down .. the decision to play footballs ... “The darkest day in the history of the conference “...

Worse than penn st and Sandusky worse than Nasser abusing the USA gymnastics for decades

Also who knew the worst part of the pandemic is coming in not two weeks but about two months

images

not saying I agree with her article, but if she ends up being right do you think you or anyone else in this thread will come back and admit your were wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT