ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine good news!

This is definitely good news. I had given up on Moderna after their executives sold a bunch of stock after their last promising news. Hope the next phase is as promising.

Took 8 years for a vaccine for the flu. 40% effective. No way to know if this will be effective. No way. We kno nothing about this virus. You guys take the vaccine and could be a disaster. May be good. Flip a coin. As a physician I won’t let my family take the vaccine until you sheep go to slaughter

Everyone should be very skeptical of this kind of vaccine news...(not vaccines themselves, just the news pumping up studies).

Remember when Pitt got a great PR bump from their marketing dept getting people excited??

Vaccine researchers are every bit like salesman in many ways--they want good press to keep the money flowing (the half a billion dollar contract the Trump admin gave to the company with the prototype injector could be one of the biggest wastes in taxpayer dollars in recent memory--astoundingly stupid...).

Unless the 30k person study comes back with positive results then this is just one of hundreds of 'good news' reports.

Lots of questions here about antibody rates in those with covid and how a 'boost' in immunity would scale or work for different populations--so many questions...it could work out and people need hope but best to remain skeptical at this point.

Reactions: dickerj
And in 3-2-1 the CDC, Fauci, and WHO will deny it. Fauci will never accept a vaccine or treatment unless it comes from his office and he can personally patent it to become the hero. And get richer.
“No matter how you slice this, this is good news,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press.

oops

Took 8 years for a vaccine for the flu. 40% effective. No way to know if this will be effective. No way. We kno nothing about this virus. You guys take the vaccine and could be a disaster. May be good. Flip a coin. As a physician I won’t let my family take the vaccine until you sheep go to slaughter

if only we had some science to help us figure that out. so far batting 1.000 on 45 in the first round. next round is 30,000.

we will see how it goes, but for you to draw the conclusion that the flu vaccine means anything here shows me that you dont know how this works and should probably leave it up to someone who at least took BIO101

Hey guys look! It is an anti-vaxxer pretending he’s a doc in real life. The WZ is full of peaches just like him.

"as a physician" ..... um ok, so we should listen to you then I guess. You sound angry.

And in 3-2-1 the CDC, Fauci, and WHO will deny it. Fauci will never accept a vaccine or treatment unless it comes from his office and he can personally patent it to become the hero. And get richer.
No personal royalties at NIH... not that I like the guy just the facts

Who knew we had so many proponents for socialized medicine on here. It’s refreshing! You are whining and complaining about Fauci, yet you’re unwilling to address the system that has allowed people like him to profit off of medicine. If you don’t like it, move to Canada!

Reactions: AustinTiger77
That final study should (better) take no more that a month. They need to get that vaccine on the market. That is the only thing that will bring sanity back to an insane country and world. Antifa will likely try to blow up the lab to stop it. If that happens CNN will be throwing a HUGE party, with masks on of course.

Reactions: doodog
“not a major threat for people in the US” - Dr. Fauci.

Oooops!
Sound bite without context and Fauci literally says 'as of right now, but that could change quickly', but you keep on wearing that tin foil hat and trashing a great man.

Did they ever find Obama's Kenyan birth certificate?

Reactions: DW4_2016
I am on the project to build the high-volume manufacturing facility to make the vials to distribute a vaccine.

A lot of money is being spent to hurry that project along.

Sound bite without context and Fauci literally says 'as of right now, but that could change quickly', but you keep on wearing that tin foil hat and trashing a great man.

Regardless of what side you fall on. You have to admit that Fauci has been constantly wrong and guilty of double speak

Regardless of what side you fall on. You have to admit that Fauci has been constantly wrong and guilty of double speak

Seems to me that his comments/thoughts shift as new information comes in. And, he attempts to be nice to the people interviewing him, ands things that soften his point. I'll try to find the link, but there was one interview with Fox Business where it would be easy to say that the takeaway was "we have to open up- we can't close down parts of the economy" when in reality, he was saying that as a way to convince people to wear masks, and adhere to distancing measures, etc.

Dang man you sound disappointed. Maybe we should see if they can hold off a few more years on the vaccine if it will make you feel better.

Dang man you sound disappointed. Maybe we should see if they can hold off a few more years on the vaccine if it will make you feel better.

He's just being realistic. Lots of medications/vaccines seems promising early on- only to ultimately fail for all sorts of reasons. This one too may end up short of success, but we're lucky in that there are several promising trials underway and they are learning more everyday. As someone mentioned above, LOTS of $$$$ is being thrown at this.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Everyone should be very skeptical of this kind of vaccine news...(not vaccines themselves, just the news pumping up studies).

Remember when Pitt got a great PR bump from their marketing dept getting people excited??

Vaccine researchers are every bit like salesman in many ways--they want good press to keep the money flowing (the half a billion dollar contract the Trump admin gave to the company with the prototype injector could be one of the biggest wastes in taxpayer dollars in recent memory--astoundingly stupid...).

Unless the 30k person study comes back with positive results then this is just one of hundreds of 'good news' reports.

Lots of questions here about antibody rates in those with covid and how a 'boost' in immunity would scale or work for different populations--so many questions...it could work out and people need hope but best to remain skeptical at this point.
How much cash did Obama night drop into Iran?

“No matter how you slice this, this is good news,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press.

oops
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan

fauci did state that the virus was not a major threat to the united states

he should be just as easy a target as trump right?

Those of you trashing Fauci are doing so from a purely political perspective. Either that, or you don't actually listen to him...he doesn't state policy and steers clear of politics.

Every time he talks, he prefaces it with his concern is with public health and the best available evidence.

Evidence changes, so does his message.

Finally, I'm also very skeptical of the Moderna vaccine. They haven't released any data that can be peer reviewed. Everything we have heard from them in 4 months (from the animal studies to this) has been entirely the public having to take their word.

I get some secrecy because this company and the gov has billions riding on Moderna, but you have to release papers to journals that can be peer reviewed and critiqued to be taken seriously in this field.

Those of you trashing Fauci are doing so from a purely political perspective. Either that, or you don't actually listen to him...he doesn't state policy and steers clear of politics.

Every time he talks, he prefaces it with his concern is with public health and the best available evidence.

Evidence changes, so does his message.

Finally, I'm also very skeptical of the Moderna vaccine. They haven't released any data that can be peer reviewed. Everything we have heard from them in 4 months (from the animal studies to this) has been entirely the public having to take their word.

I get some secrecy because this company and the gov has billions riding on Moderna, but you have to release papers to journals that can be peer reviewed and critiqued to be taken seriously in this field.

im not anti fauci at all.

i listened closely to him and his late nite dr friend for the frist month or so

and from the beginning he has made statements in that moment of time were inaccurate in the same manner trump has

many of trumps misstatements about the virus came from fauci's team

i wish him all the luck in the world figuring this out, doesnt mean he is not made of teflon

if trump takes shyt for listening to his team, that team should also be able to take some shyt

Reactions: Connecticut Tiger
So I take it you treat trump with the same level of vitriolic idiocy?

Here is an article with other “sound bites” from Fauci as well. Use your resources not your emotions next time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4787209002

Last edited:

will we even need a vaccine? Trump has ordered that all covid data come directly to his office instead of the CDC. I am positive that the virus will magically disappear as we get closer to election (or at least the reporting of it will). Why would need a vaccine for a virus that does not (but yes really does exist)?

weird how they blame trump for the first part of this pandemic

he was only taking advice from these groups and regurgitating their opinions

and the communist go nuts on him but love his sources.

weird

I dont know where you heard this, but the message from Fauci and the experts has not been the same as Trump. He followed their guidance until he realized it would hurt his popularity.

Trump was the one who said it would all go away by easter. Trump is the one who refused to wear a mask until this week. Trump was the one downplaying the deaths.

Fauci did none of those things.

Look at the last COVID press conference. Pence comes on and echos what Trump says that the increased cases is due to testing. Dr. Brix comes out next and shows graphs that immediatly contradict Pence/Trump and show that the increased cases cannot be attributed to just increased testing.

Nothing about this response has been scientific at the federal level. Nothing has been transparent from the fed. People are then left to make up their own theories and conspiracies and we end up where we are today...

ADVERTISEMENT