ADVERTISEMENT

Wandered over to fourletter network

Jwilliamsiii

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Sumter, SC
Guess because I am hungry for football news....Greeted with the top headline...Lebron: Black community living in fear of police.

You would think, after all sports were stopped for 3+ months, they would be excited to report on sports....just can't help themselves...

Trying to avoid the "news", as life is too short to be miserable over this crap, dang.....

Hey, at least the braves are playing ball and are concerned with baseball.

Guess because I am hungry for football news....Greeted with the top headline...Lebron: Black community living in fear of police.

You would think, after all sports were stopped for 3+ months, they would be excited to report on sports....just can't help themselves...

Trying to avoid the "news", as life is too short to be miserable over this crap, dang.....

He has a platform and he’s using it to express an opinion.

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Maybe he should move to China

I wish ESPN would focus on sports. That's all. Don't care if Lebren wants to protest, use his stage to express his opinion on communism, blm, lgbt, politics, religion, etc...have at it and good for him for trying to make a difference. Just wish they would put that on their Politics in sports section, not the headline news on a "sports network". .

Honestly, I should have known better....

I wish all athletes would just shut up and play ball for my entertainment, enough of this "trying to be human beings with real emotions and interests" BS
And I wish all the paying patrons of sports would just shut up and go to games or watch it on TV(consumers pay for the ads).

These athletes are giving these paying customers a bonus, not only do you get entertainment, but you’re getting political input from them as well. Score!

I wish ESPN would focus on sports. That's all. Don't care if Lebren wants to protest, use his stage to express his opinion on communism, blm, lgbt, politics, religion, etc...have at it and good for him for trying to make a difference. Just wish they would put that on their Politics in sports section, not the headline news on a "sports network". .

Honestly, I should have known better....
this is fair

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
1*m1W-0CZTPKbh3hoh-jS4lw.jpeg

I wish all athletes would just shut up and play ball for my entertainment, enough of this "trying to be human beings with real emotions and interests" BS

This take is such bullshit. I’m fine with anyone having an opinion. I don’t have to respect said opinion, though. That shit cuts both ways. I certainly don’t have to respect the opinion of a pandering, candy-assed dipshit with an iq of 12. Dude is charmin soft. There is no substance to him whatsoever. Everything he does is an over the top demonstration of abject ******ry. How much does he make? How many fans does he have? Doesn’t seem very oppressed to me.

The other side of that disingenuous bullshit is it seems like he’s potentially well placed to tell young black men not to resist arrest, or sexually assault and beat young women. Don’t break the law. It’s not hard. Additionally, take away every single death of a black man at the hands of law enforcement this year. It doesn’t change the total number of black men killed by even 1%. Does that mean they’re all justified. Of course not. And, police who kill unjustly should be punished harshly and swiftly. But, let’s not act like there is some bullshit conspiracy afoot to kill black men while we project socio-cultural issues onto law enforcement.

They know who's watching.

It's like baking a cake for someone or mandating mask in their stores, they have the right as a business to do what they want. ESPN can do what they want, no offense personally to you, but I cant imagine that people don't understand this by now. You're just the crazy one for watching it, if you don't like it. But you already know this by admitting you should have known better.

ESPN is the new MTV. There's so many other ways to get your sports info. With cell phones and all of the info we have at our fingertips, I'm to sure why we need ESPN? I certainly don't.

He has a platform and he’s using it to express an opinion.

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.
See i disagree with this

i enjoy sports.... i don’t enjoy the news and what this country is doing to itself

sports is like my get away to get along with my Clemson people and to argue with my Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina buddies not argue over COVID and opinions of athletes

they can be interviewed by a news source but leave sports out of it to me

This take is such bullshit. I’m fine with anyone having an opinion. I don’t have to respect said opinion, though. That shit cuts both ways. I certainly don’t have to respect the opinion of a pandering, candy-assed dipshit with an iq of 12. Dude is charmin soft. There is no substance to him whatsoever. Everything he does is an over the top demonstration of abject ******ry. How much does he make? How many fans does he have? Doesn’t seem very oppressed to me.

The other side of that disingenuous bullshit is it seems like he’s potentially well placed to tell young black men not to resist arrest, or sexually assault and beat young women. Don’t break the law. It’s not hard. Additionally, take away every single death of a black man at the hands of law enforcement this year. It doesn’t change the total number of black men killed by even 1%. Does that mean they’re all justified. Of course not. And, police who kill unjustly should be punished harshly and swiftly. But, let’s not act like there is some bullshit conspiracy afoot to kill black men while we project socio-cultural issues onto law enforcement.
You think only black men do this? Also, who should use their platform to tell young white men the same thing?

You should look up how much money he donates, the work his foundation does

He walks the walk and talks the talk. He does way more to better society than you do

They know who's watching.

It's like baking a cake for someone or mandating mask in their stores, they have the right as a business to do what they want. ESPN can do what they want, no offense personally to you, but I cant imagine that people don't understand this by now. You're just the crazy one for watching it, if you don't like it. But you already know this by admitting you should have known better.

ESPN is the new MTV. There's so many other ways to get your sports info. With cell phones and all of the info we have at our fingertips, I'm to sure why we need ESPN? I certainly don't.
Yep. Guess because I grew up watching that network, once I got out of college (we only had 4 channels in my house growing up), is why I ventured over there. I used to enjoy it. Hate I gave them a click.

Part of the issue is the much higher percentage of Black men who are stopped,questioned,pulled over etc. You say don't resist arrest, how about argue and ask why you are being detained? And how is the comment about sexually assault and beating women related to this issue? It's a really bad look to say he should tell them to just suck it up and deal with this bullshit.

Reactions: cyclotiger
It’s all ironic because the NBA is the modern day Slave Owners. Because the young Chinese kids that are slaved out to do their work are seen as worthless, the NBA is able to make billions off their backs. Isn’t this the same thing that happened in the 1600 - 1800s.

For some reason this is justified today. But does it really matter if the slaves are in Georgia vs across the water. Still slavery, right?

Why do defenseless Chinese lives not matter?

Part of the issue is the much higher percentage of Black men who are stopped,questioned,pulled over etc. You say don't resist arrest, how about argue and ask why you are being detained? And how is the comment about sexually assault and beating women related to this issue? It's a really bad look to say he should tell them to just suck it up and deal with this bullshit.

Its not. He's telling on himself.

Because the guy who was shot while resisting arrest and reaching into his car had charges for felony sexual assault of a minor and multiple accounts of domestic abuse on his record. Pretty sure the stop was related to a warrant for one of those charges.

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
Reactions: Essolover4
Because the guy who was shot while resisting arrest and reaching into his car had charges for felony sexual assault of a minor and multiple accounts of domestic abuse on his record. Pretty sure the stop was related to a warrant for one of those charges.

Gotcha. So, you don't see the issue that this guy was shot in the back. I have no issue with an officer defending himself or even using lethal force if attacked. Where my issue comes is when the perpetrator is fleeing and is shot. Our police have got to be better trained to deescalate situations.

Reactions: cyclotiger
Let's say what you're saying is true. How many of these police shootings have anything to do with that?

Yes, one of the biggest reasons this shooting was a problem is because this guy was shot in the back. Whether that means he was "fleeing" or not, I don't know. It's hard to say somebody is fleeing when they're a few feet away from the police and reaching into their car when there's a gun nearby. Should the police wait until the person "fleeing" flees to a weapon and uses it against the police? Because we've even seen protests and riots in Atlanta over the police shooting a guy for "fleeing" while using a weapon against the police.

ADVERTISEMENT